Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan PurohitYour feedback matters!
I'm 48yrs old man. Having the following ailments such as ESR 42, SGOT 46, SGPT 81, GAMMA GT 663, HDL 63, LDL 194, TRIGLYCERIDES 181, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 272. URIC ACID 7.7, LIVER ENLARGE., PANCREAS IS ECHOGENIC BULKY. GALL BLADDER IS SEEN IN CONTRACTED STATE WITH DIFFUSE WALL THIKENING 5.6MM. POST VOID RESIDUAL URINE VOLUME IS 41.3ML.
Dr. I feels pain in back and leg down portion due to continue passing yellow urine and after toilet drops type urine passing, in urine seamen also passes and feel pain. So pls give me a definite way in the direction of treatment.
I am 19 male and am having problem in urination and have urge for frequent urination and long time erections during night. I am doing mbbs and have large sitting hours. I also have constipation if I pass stool normally I face problem in urination and if I pass urine normally I have constipation.
Lab report urine analysis colour pale yellow appearance s. Hazy Ph 6.0 Specific gravity 1.000 Blood trace Protein negative Glucose negative Ketone negative Urobilinogen normal Nitrite negative Pus cells 8-10 Red blood cells 2-3 Epithical cells 1-2 Cast not seen crystals not seen Mucous absent Others bacteria occasional.
My husband got an viral fever since 6days and now he getting pain in kidney so we taken him to MRI scanning test, in that it shows that he has an stone in kidney. I want to know that is that serious or it will cure easily? And what precaution we should take? And is there any further problems?
Dear Sir / madam my left kidney has some stones. Already I took some medicine and continuing since 2months onwards evenThogh my pain is not controlled, some doctors said operation is no need. Only medicine is enough like that they said, really iam unable to control my pain. One week back one stone released by urine, even if I felt pain. please give me correct suggestions, nd help me. Sir/madam.
I am a 21 year old girl, I have some bleeding from the path of urine, other than menstruation. There is no problem in menstrual cycle. But I want to know what's the reason behind these few drops of bleeding before urination.
Dr. Mujhe gas bhut bnti h or pet bhi foolta h or muje bathroom bhi bar bar ata rhta h rat ko bhi so nhi pata jitni bar pani pita hu to 10mint me bathroom aa jata h or agr pani na piu to gla sukta h sir pls hlp m kya kru meri age 22 h or weight 45 kg and height 5.7" pls hlp me dr.
Sir, I am a Diabetic Patient, Age-80 years. My problem is Increased Creatinine, Serum Level i. E 3.3. Please advise me Medicine / Treatment of increased creatinine Levels. I take medicine as trajenta for Diabetes and Eco-Sprin, Trental 400 and Ketotreat.
Kindly suggest a solution for uncontrollable urination. Sometimes he face problems like wet bed and difficult to hold urine in winters and rainy seasons. Is it any severe problem. He is in his teens only. There is no other disease or medication right now. Please do advice any medicines for it.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
Hello doctor, my dad has 50 years, he is an diabetic & bp patient recently we found my dad's one of the kidney in small in size but we don't know about its working or not and another one having 5 mm water babble and his serum 1.7 sugar 150 bp 90/110 so my dad getting problem was to-much sweetening and getting high temper & feeling very hungry so can you give best guidance to me.
Recently, I had Ultrasound for my abdomen. The findings are 1. Enlarged Prostate (36 cc) 2. Mild Hydronephrosis in both kidneys 3. Polyp in Gall Bladder (3.2x2. 95 mm). Shall I go for Gall Bladder removal? Or kidney/prostate surgery first in terms of criticality.
My mother is suffering with ckd since 3 yrs, she was admitted in hospital on 1st may 2015 with creatinine 5.36, doctor put her on dialisis after which creatinine is 3.5, patient on dialisis, going weaker day by day, admitted in gddi kolkata, ki dly guide, she is also diabetic.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.