Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan PurohitYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. My urine looks yellowish from last 3 months. During urination I can feel the pain. When I wake up the pain is more. My feet has a burning sensation. Please tell me a solution.
Which is more better treatment for urethral stricture, Surgery or Uttarabasti in Ayurveda My age is 22.
I am 61 years old. For the last 2-3 months I am facing problem while try to pass urine. Urine flow gets blocked in between. Is it for prostrate enlargement? please advice.
My girl of 3.5 years have stone of 6mm in her gall bladder. She is not facing any problem. What should I do should I wait to get operated or she should get operate immediately. If there is any medicine to cure her stone. Pls advise.
My daughter is having haemoglobin @ 6 She has minor kidney stones --kindly recommend treatment for her anaemia. Age 26yr working software eng.
I am 16 years old boy and I have protein loss in my urine since the age 3. Doctor told this is due to kindey's dysfunction. I was under medication till I was 10. Later I recovered it and doctor had stop giving me medications. For past three months I going very lean. I am 168cm tall but I weigh only 45kg. Later when my urine test was done I found my creatine level in urine was 269.1 mg/dl. But now it is coming down to a normal rate. I am energetic sometime n dull some times. What does this mean? Will I be able to build a healthy muscled body? I am vegetarian. What should I eat to increase my weight n muscles? Going to gym will help me?
I have four stones, two stones on each side 3 mm-5 mm in my kidneys. How can I dissolve it? Or do I need to do procedure for it which is extremely costly. I need to go to work in a moth in before that will have to go to company doctor for a check up and I'm sure they will find out and rejected me. So please let me know what is the best option to dissolved it.
Many theories and as many reasons are given, but in most of the cases, cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly. Tendency to stone formation may be hereditary.
Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone. Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc during pain. Attack of pain may last few hours to few days, varying in severity time to time. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of:
- Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor
- The size of the stone and
- Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
- Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
- Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
- Parathyroid hormone essay and serum calcium level should be considered if the stone formation is recurrent.
- It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. But with homeopathic treatment, even moderate sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
- Though the use of painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, but in the process can actually hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, body's natural reactions are stimulated that helps throw out the stone without much discomfort.
- At times, it is seen that with homeopathic treatment stones gradually dissolve into sand particle s and get eliminated from the urinary system without being aware of it. This can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms watching the gradual reduction in the size of the stones.
- As stone formation is just a bye-product of body's biochemical dysfunction at deeper levels, only removal of the stone by natural or surgical means is not enough. Homeopathic treatment not only removes the stone, but can also modify the tendency to form stones by improving body's natural balance in general, and biochemical dysfunction in particular.
- In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far-more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
- Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large and causing damage to kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
- Constitutional Homeopathic treatment can also help avert the complication of surgery.
- With constitutional homeopathic treatment, accompanying urinary infections are also relieved.
- AND, the added advantage is that with constitutional homeopathic treatment, general health also improves.
Dietary Restrictions :
- Large number of dietary "take and avoid" is known to the masses, but their role is doubtful. With good constitutional homeopathic treatment and proper monitoring by ultrasography, dietary restrictions are not mandatory.
- Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Kidney cancer (renal cancer or renal cell carcinoma) is one of the ten most common cancers in both men and women.
It occurs when the cells in kidney grow uncontrollably and start invading surrounding tissues (i. E, undergoes malignant change). The risk factors are age > 40 years, smoking, obesity, long term dialysis, certain genetic conditions, family history, high blood pressure and male gender. However, it can occur to anybody.
What are the symptoms of kidney cancer?
1. Blood in urine
2. Pain or lump in side of upper abdomen
3. Weight loss or loss of appetite
4. Long term fever
However, many of kidney cancers are detected on routine ultrasonograms done for other purposes. Thus, regular ultrasonogram testing can pick up these tumors very early.
What are the diagnostic tests?
Contrast enhanced computed tomography (ct scan) of abdomen is the current gold-standard test to diagnose kidney tumors and evaluate for local spread. Chest x-ray or ct chest helps in diagnosing spread to lungs. Some blood tests will help to evaluate function of kidney and general health condition.
What are the best treatment modalities?
Surgical removal is the best treatment for kidney cancer. Chemotherapy or radiation therapy does not act on kidney cancer and hence are not used.
If the size is small, only the tumor is removed and rest of kidney can be preserved (nephron sparing surgery or partial nephrectomy).
For large tumors, the whole kidney, surrounding tissues and lymph nodes are removed totally (radical nephrectomy).
Both these surgeries can be done through keyholes (laparoscopy), thus reducing the pain and leading to faster recovery.
If the tumor has spread all over the body, then targeted therapy is given using specific drugs (usually in the form of tablets) like pazopanib, sunitinib, sorafenib etc.
How to follow-up after treatment?
Regular check up using ultrasonogram, ct scan, chest x-ray, renal function tests, liver function tests are needed to maintain good health.
Take home message:
Regular ultrasonograms after the age of 40 years (at least annually) can help in diagnosing these tumors and curing them 100%.