Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan PurohitYour feedback matters!
It is the tropical fruit found in South America. It is also known by the name of Pine cones mostly cultivated in South along with Central America by Mayas. It has a unique flavor which balances the taste of sweet along with sour. It is regarded as one of the healthiest foods in the world available in all seasons. It offers many benefits that are good for the body.
Benefits of Pineapple
- Good for digestion: This fruit is good for digestion as it contains fiber which will help you to overcome from the problem of constipation.
- Prevents cancer: It helps you to prevent cancer as it contains anti-oxidants along with Vitamin C which will help you in fighting against cancer.
- Boosts immune system: It will help you in boosting the immune system where your body will be able to fight with many diseases.
- Cough- It is the best natural remedy for cough, as this fruit includes anti-inflammatory agents which will help the body in fighting infections and kill bacteria. It will help in removing the problem of cough fast without taking any medicine for the same.
- Oral and Bone Health- This fruit is good in maintaining oral and bone health. This fruit contains special properties which will help a person to strengthen the gums. It will also help you to fight against oral cancer. It also strengthens your bones, and helps in the overall growth of the body.
- Circulation of blood- This fruit also contains copper which is good for the body in building red blood cells which are important for the body in providing oxygen to different organs along with providing cognitive benefits.
- Health of tissues: Tissue health is also maintained with the help of this fruit as it helps in the production of Collagen which helps the body in healing and fight against infections in the body.
- Arthritis and blood pressure problem: Problem of blood pressure is also taken care of by its regular consumption. A person who eats pineapple regularly can take care of his or her arthritis problem in a better way.
Thus, you have come across many health benefits of pineapple which protect you from different infections and help your body in building muscles along with bones. It is better you consult a medical practitioner to know more about the benefits of this fruit as some people may be asked to consume it less because of some other medical condition.
Does unusual bleeding means pregnancy. If contraceptive pills was used for. The bleeding is just after 12 days nd mensuration cycle is on 24 to 27.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Uundergone C125 test as per advice by doctor and the result is 84 She has been taking treatment for excessive bleeding since 15th August of this year Please advice.
I have participated in sex with my girl friend without condom. Unfortunately we got broke up due to family issues. Now my parents is searching for bride for me. My question is can I participate in sex with upcoming wife without any precautions. Pls advise.
Hello I am 29. I am trying for baby since 1 n 1/2 year. I have conceived in april but some reason I have abort it. This month I have take a chance again. My question is m there are lot of pimples coming on my face suddenly. Literally face covered wirh pimple. Can you just help me for this. Is this because of pregnancy? I have not done any pregnancy test yet. My due date is 22 sept.
After having contact, if a girl bleeds and her periods are due the very next day, but she doesn't have periods on time. As in this case, she noticed blood on 14th night, and her periods were due on 15th, but till 18th she doesn't have periods. What does this means. She is a thyroid patient as well and usually always overdue with period date. On 15th morning she noticed brief mucus with few stains of blood. She checked with urine strip test (pregnancy), which is negative. Now what to do. Should she consult any doctor or still wait? Please help.
I have been going trough severe stomach ache specially on the right side, giddiness, weakness after visiting general physician I did the Sonography. I am 30 years old and today I learned that I have cyst in my right ovary. Pls suggest what to do? I stay in Powai and would be great if can see any specialist as my menus are also irregular.
I am pregnant. LMP was 21st Jan. Expected delivery date is 28th October. I HV a plan in bw to go Dubai from 12-16 April and then 17-18 Delhi-mumbai. Is it safe to travel by flight?
I am 25 years old. Already I had missed abortion. Now I am pregnant for me now 9th week I went to scan today report says that I had monochorionic diaminotic twins it has been noted one fetus-a CRL measures 2.14cm to 8 weeks and 5 days. Heart beat activity 134bpm. Fetus-b CRL measures 1.97cm to 8 weeks 3 days heart beat activity 137bmp. Right ovary measures 3.5*2.8cm. Left ovaries measures 4.7*2cm both ovaries normal. Our family doctor said that is there is a more chance to abortion. This is true or not. We are under confusion pls say the remedies.
I am 32 week pregnant and baby is in breech position. Is this mean baby has some abnormality? What can I do for this?
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is defined as blood pressure higher than 140/90 mm hg. Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy are a major cause of maternal, fetal and neonatal morbidity and mortality, both in developing and developed countries. Hypertension is the most common medical problem in pregnancy.
If high blood pressure continues after 20 weeks of pregnancy, preeclampsia and other complications can develop.
What causes high blood pressure during pregnancy?
According to the national heart, lung, and blood institute (nhlbi), there are several possible causes of high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- being overweight or obese
- failing to stay active
- drinking alcohol
- first-time pregnancy
- a family history of pregnancy-related hypertension
- carrying more than one child
- assistive technology (such as ivf)
- maternal age is also a factor, with pregnant women over the age of 40 being more at risk.
# use a sitting or semi-reclining position so that the arm to be used is at the level of the heart.
# do not take the bp in the upper arm with the woman on her side, as this will give falsely lower readings.
What are the complications of high blood pressure during pregnancy?
- if high blood pressure continues after 20 weeks of pregnancy, there can be complications. Preeclampsia can develop.
What is preeclampsia?
This condition can cause serious damage to your organs, including your brain and kidneys. Preeclampsia is also known as toxemia or pregnancy-induced hypertension. Preeclampsia with seizures becomes eclampsia. This can be fatal.
Thorough prenatal care, including regular doctor’s visits, should be able to address preeclampsia symptoms. Symptoms include:
@protein in a urine sample
Abnormal swelling in hands and feet
Preventing high blood pressure during pregnancy:
Common risk factors for high blood pressure, such as obesity and a history of high blood pressure, can be minimized through diet and exercise. Of course, during pregnancy, it is inevitable that you will gain some weight. It’s recommended that pregnant women consult with their doctor to identify a weight gain target that is healthy for them.
Dietary guidelines for pregnant women vary from person to person. Speak with a nutritionist who will keep your specific height and weight in mind when creating a nutrition plan for you.
The nhlbi emphasizes that it’s important to take steps to lessen your risk of high blood pressure. You should steer clear of smoking and drinking alcohol, both of which have been known to raise blood pressure.
Pregnancy causes hormone shifts, as well as psychological and physical changes. This can bring on stress, which can make high blood pressure harder to manage. Try stress reduction techniques such as yoga and meditation.
Management depends on the woman's bp, gestational age and blood flow in the placenta. Non-pharmacological management is recommended for many women but is not recommended when there is the presence of associated maternal and fetal risk factors. Non-pharmacological management includes close supervision, limitation of activities, and some bed rest in the left lateral position.
All pregnant women should receive antenatal education so that they are aware of the symptoms associated with pre-eclampsia, its importance, and the need to obtain medical advice.
Such symptoms include:
Visual problems: blurred vision or flashing before the eyes.
Severe epigastric pain.
Sudden swelling of the face, hands or feet.
Women who are at high risk of pre-eclampsia are recommended to take 75 mg aspirin daily from 12 weeks of gestation to delivery. Such women are those with:
- hypertension or pre-eclampsia/eclampsia in a past pregnancy.
- chronic kidney disease.
- autoimmune disease (eg, systemic lupus erythematosus (sle) or antiphospholipid syndrome).
- diabetes mellitus (both type 1 or 2).
- chronic hypertension.
Women should also take 75 mg aspirin daily from the 12th week if they have any two of the following features:- in their first pregnancy.
- aged ≥40 years.
- previous pregnancy >10 years ago.
- body mass index (bmi) of ≥35 kg/m2 at booking.
- family history of pre-eclampsia.
- multiple pregnancy.
Medication for high blood pressure during pregnancy:
Some traditional blood pressure medications can cause problems in pregnant women should be avoided when you are pregnant:
-angiotensin receptor blockers
These drugs in particular will be passed through the bloodstream to the developing baby. They can negatively impact the baby’s health. These medications may also cause blood to thin, which can compromise the mother’s ability to carry the baby to term.
Methyldopa and labetalol are both drugs that have been deemed safe for use to manage blood pressure during pregnancy.
Talk to your doctor about how to control your blood pressure if you develop hypertension during pregnancy.
High blood pressure during pregnancy doesn’t usually lead to serious problems. However, if it goes untreated, hypertension can become life-threatening for both mother and baby.
One of my inner labia is noticeably bigger than the other. I am a virgin. I am not sexually active. I have noticed it when I was 13 years old. Doctor Please tell me its normal or not? I am so worried. Please help.
Becoming a smoker was a journey. The journey probably began for you many years ago when you started experimenting with those first cigarettes. They probably were not so good, but as time passed, your body became used to smoking. You probably found yourself smoking regularly and in more situations. You developed certain smoking patterns. Smoking became a part of you. Cigarettes have been a part of your identity for a long time. Becoming a nonsmoker is a journey and a learning process. Think of this as a new beginning, with change occurring over time. As time passes, you will learn more about being a nonsmoker and will develop a new identity. You will become comfortable in life’s different situations without smoking. To be successful, you must maintain your commitment to this change over time. The new tobacco-free you will discover a world of benefits as a result of your journey. There is life after smoking, and it is truly better! Doctors may help you make this important journey. Here you will find information and tips in a format that lets you actively participate in planning and arriving at your destination: a smoke-free life.
Doctor prescribed me primolut N for 7 days n asked me to wait for 7 days Bt many of my friends told me that this tablet is used to postphn d periods bt doctor has prescribed me this tablet for getting back my periods. please tell me will this tablet helps me to get my periods back or nt.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, also known as PID, is characterized by an infection that occurs in a lady's reproductive organs. Usually this occurs as a result of a complications arising from a STD. The disease causes severe damage to the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. It is one of the bigger causes of infertility in women.
The cervix which is the entry to the uterus has the function of stopping bacteria that are present in the vagina from spreading to the other organs. Once infected by a STD, the cervix can no longer perform its function of preventing the bacteria from spreading to other organs. PID develops when the infection spreads from the cervix to the upper areas of the genital tract.
There are certain factors which increase the chances of being affected by PID:
- Being sexually active
- Already affected by STDs such as gonorrhea
- Past history of PID
- Having multiple sexual partners
Women may experience pain while urinating and engaging in sexual intercourse, coupled with sore feeling in the stomach along with nausea. Abnormal vaginal discharge and a rise in body temperature are common symptoms as well.
Once the disease has been diagnosed by a doctor, a treatment plan is devised. The treatment options that you can avail of are:
- Medications: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe antibiotic medications. Usually the antibiotics are administered by mouth unless the symptoms are severe, when the drugs are administered intravenously. Your partner would also require medications if you happen to be diagnosed with PID, so that he/she does not catch it.
- Surgery: Surgery is recommended by the doctor in case of tissue inflammation and the presence of pus (abscess). The aim of surgery is to get rid of the abscess to prevent any further infection.
In addition to the treatment methods, there are certain precautionary measures that you can adopt to be safe:
- Have protected sex.
- Try and stick to one sexual partner.
- Visit your gynecologist for regular checkups.