Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan ProhitYour feedback matters!
My friend sister is getting pain in left side of the breast last 10 days. Local Doctor has advised it may be tumor. Please advice good lady Doctor. Thanks,
I am 33 years old, expecting my 1st child. I am in my 21st week got my Target Scan done last week, as per the scan reports everything is normal, and the fetus growth is good too. It weighs 295gms, heartbeat 153bph. Fetus movement was also seen in the ultrasound. But I am unable to feel any movement till date. Why is it so? Is it normal? What should I do?
The transition from being a woman to motherhood is a beautiful journey that remains memorable for a lifetime, for the mother as well as those around her who care for her and love her. There may be times when the health conditions and the pregnancy related discomfort may leave a bad taste, but it is also taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten as soon as the baby arrives. Whatever, may happen to the mother, but she would always try to make sure that the baby is safe and healthy when he arrives in this world. She always wishes that her child grows into a healthy toddler and a well developed adult.
While we may practice all sorts of care and caution in the course of a pregnancy, there are times when the body systems fail to function regularly, which is when the real problems arise. One of the most common, yet risky problems that usually appears or aggravates during pregnancy is the problem of glucose. A lot of women experience the problem of diabetes during pregnancy because their blood sugar goes extremely high with the changes in the lifestyle, dietary and hormonal conditions. In cases of women who may be patients of diabetes before pregnancy, they may experience increased blood sugar levels and may need to go on extra medication to keep their condition under control.
The types and effects of diabetes:
There are majorly two types of diabetes which is pre-existing and gestation induced. In the case of the pre-existing condition, the woman may already be suffering from diabetes before she conceived and in the gestational diabetes, the woman may have developed the condition after getting pregnant and may be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy is over. While it may be common in pregnant woman to develop high blood sugar, there are a number of things that could go wrong:
- Pregnant women with diabetes may find it difficult to go in for a natural labour and may have to opt for induced labour or even a caesarean delivery.
- It is also possible that women who already suffer from diabetes before pregnancy are more likely to carry a baby that is larger than regular babies.
- Developing diabetes may open up the doors for a lot of other disorders and diseases in the women such as problem with vision or disorders of the body organs such as kidneys.
- The foetus that develops in the womb may also be exposed to health issues and lack of development in the organs.
- If the baby is born fairly healthy, it may end up developing diseases after birth or even in adult life, which may be due to the diabetes in the mother at the time of the pregnancy.
- In extreme cases, the woman may undergo a miscarriage or the baby may be a still born.
In order to, be able to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it may be essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist is chosen for regular checks and the meeting schedules with the doctor are followed religiously to rule out the possibility of unhealthy consequences.
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
I am 33 year old and I have a big and flappy tummy which is due to pregnancy. As my baby is 1 year old I want to reduce my tummy fat. So please help me with it.
Puran Poli – Healthy or Unhealthy?
Gudi padwa is around the corner, this festive season is incomplete without puran poli right. Puran poli is a classic maharashtrian delicacy. It is a pan-griddled sweet bread stuffed with split yellow gram (channa dal) or red gram (toovar/arhar dal).
It has various regional names like paruppu poli in tamil, holige or obbattu in kannada, ubbati in konkani. The taste also varies from region to region. It is sweet and is circular like a parantha. It is a festive dessert. The stuffing is called puran and the parantha-like bread is called as poli.
But. Hold on if you think puran poli is bad think again every food has its merit and demerits, the key is to maintain moderation.
Puran poli is supposed to be a high cal food, right. It is upto you to make it healthy, use whole wheat flour instead of maida, use ghee sparingly.
Lets look at its merit:
- Puran poli made with whole wheat flour is rich in complex carbs, fibre, gives b complex vitamins, certain minerals. Dals as we all know gives give good amount of protein, what you all will be surprised to know is that this combination of cereal i.e. wheat flour and protein from dals will provide you with good quality protein, which can be compared to egg which is considered as high biological value with almost 100% bioavailability i.e. of excellent quality. This combination provides all the required amino acids which are building blocks of protein.
- Futher it has lot of jaggery which contains iron, cacium, potassium, phosphorus, it is releases energy slowly, as it is digested slower than sugar. Further jaggery also aids in digestion, as jaggery breaks and becomes alkaline in the digestive system.
- Addition of green cardamom powder, saffron, nutmeg powder, mace (javantri) powder which have essential volatile oils, boosts digestion and are antispasmodic, carminative, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during festival season.
Enjoy gudi padwa with puran poli.
I'm a 19 year old male. Me and my girlfriend are sexually active. Recently we had some rough sex. I could see some abrasions on my penis. I'm an uncircumcised man. We layed off sex for a while. During that time my wound got healed completely. When we had sex after this. I had similar cut again on my penis just above the previous one. I want to know whats the cause and why is it recurrent. I'm scared.
I have 10 months old baby. After insertion of copper t.i got over flow in my periods. But last months am not getting periods. Extra 15 days completed. Now am getting scared about pregnancy. please clear my doubts.
I had my last period on 21 of feb after that I had sex twice and had taken unwanted 72 twice. Out of which one I had taken day before yesterday. N today I have started bleeding. It's 10, days before my actual cycle. Do I have to worry. M I pregnant?
Visualize that energy in the form of light bursting through your skin. Don't forget to smile. When you get to a part that is not well, maybe a sore leg or a stuffy nose. Focus on that area. Picture a burst of energy coming from that area, visualize a bright light. Don't forget to smile. Nice deep breaths while doing this. Calmness not stiffness. You will drift to sleep and feel better the next day. This should only take a few minutes. Practice each night and each morning. In the morning when visualizing a bright light and energy transfer it with thoughts about your day. It will energize and motivate you. Repeat it daily for a week.