Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan ProhitYour feedback matters!
Got lump in breast consulted doc sugsted fnac. Result smear studied r paucicellular&show predominantly mature adipose tissue frags. Bgrond shows few anucleate squames. No epitical elmts seen, no evidence of malignant cells seen" what it means n wts the treatment.
How to get hair growth She is having diabetic , thyroid and Pcod Very huge hair fall What should do or take to increase hair.
My wife is 29 years old, she has stomach pain / ache problem from past couple of weeks, which last for couple of hours and gets cured automatically. She has to go for stool after pain sometimes. She is denying to visit doctor. Please suggest. Thank you for your response in advance.
I have a problem of PCOD (PCOS). After 2-3 days I got the periods. What should I do? What should I take in food? Medicines?
I am having periods which lasted for 3 days the previous month and now I have bled for 2 days. Is it normal. I hve gained weight. Am I pregnant?
I am under treatment of pcos. I missed taking ginnette 35 before 10 days of having unprotected sex. From very next day I started taking as regularly. I had sex while last two pills was there to take. Even I took ginnette 35 as regular for last two days and took i-pill with in 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Am I safe?
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
I am 25 years old girl. Recently,2 months back I got married. Last month I got my periods on 06th June. I am not getting periods this month since it has passed 1 month. I am sure there is no unsafe sex with my husband. I am worried that whether I am pregnant or not. Is there any medicine through which I can have periods or please help me to give proper advice.
She is not getting periods properly so doctor is enquiring about PCOD. I want to know what PCOD is and how it is related.
Hi, I have pcod. I am in treatment for past 2 years. I have thyroid also. Tsh level is 7. Past two months I didn't get periods. Am waiting for second baby. I have bartholin cyst also. How can remove the bartholin cyst without surgery? Pls suggest me the correct treatment. Thx.
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
Helo doc. I am really worried about my virginity. I did not had sex and I did not used any tampon etc. But I could not see hymen. Whenever I see I only see a white thing covered. Where is my hymen? How does it look.
I have white discharge from last 10 days, after my periods also its same, its becoming day by day more N more discharge, is it normal or for what its happening?
Kidney Angiomyolipoma is also known as AML of the kidney, renal angiomyolipoma or kidney AML. This is a benign tumor that can lead to hemorrhagic complications. A tumour can crop up in the medulla or the cortex of the kidney. A small proportion of this condition can happen in conjunction with tuberous sclerosis. The symptoms vary according to the size of a tumour. The treatment differs from case to case, for some patients, radical nephrectomy may work while for some, invasive wedge resection and partial nephrectomy may work better. The prognosis of this condition is excellent owing to its benign nature.
How is kidney angiomyolipoma medically dealt with?
The treatment option depends on the criticality of a tumour and the general health of the patient. A vast majority of the tumors that are asymptomatic in nature doesn’t require a surgical intervention. After the diagnosis is made, a doctor might want to take the wait and watch approach. If the tumor size is small, only medications can cure the condition. On the other hand, surgical intervention can cure the disease and limit any chances of recurrence. Some of the preferred surgical methods include complete or partial nephrectomy, endoscopic surgery, nephron-sparing surgery and tumor embolization. A nephrectomy is only considered when the tumor size is quite large. In case the kidney function is severely impaired, dialysis is necessary. If the tumor results in abdominal bleeding, emergency surgery should be considered.
Healthy lifestyle changes:
If a person has been diagnosed with kidney angiomyolipoma, it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle. Refraining from salt, potassium is a must. A stressed kidney, in general, is better off without foods such as potato, salt, fast food, processed food, various kind of meat etc. The dietary restriction gets waived off by the doctor once the patient is cured. Lifting heavy weight is a strict no in these circumstances. Adequate rest and enough hydration are necessary to be in shape. Timely consumption of medicine is equally important to get cured.
How can this disease be prevented?
Medical research has not fetched any result over the possible prevention method of renal AML. This condition is often connected with a genetic disorder. The following prevention method is necessary to mitigate the risk of this disease.
- A genetic test of the expecting parents or molecular testing of the fetus can help a doctor understand whether there is a risk involving the baby.
- If the disease runs in the family, a genetic counselling can help parents to understand to assess the risk before planning a child.
- Frequent medical checkups are also necessary for a person who has a family history of this disease.
- Aggressive medical research is being done to get a possible cure for this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.