Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohan Prohit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan ProhitYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast but not always when I push it I feel pain I leave breast feeding from one year. Tell me is this symptom of breast cancer please tell me what am I do.
Hello. Dr. Does RH negative blood group cause miscarriage or any other type of problem in pregnant lady?
My wife have 0.7 FSH ...Doctor suggesting for ivf..I m confused abt decesion...FSH is it cureable...?
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
During pregnancy, the health and well being of the mother has a direct impact on the baby that is growing within herself. The diet of a pregnant woman, in particular, plays a crucial role in ensuring that the baby gets all the vital nutrients for their growth and development. In this article, we will discuss the diet for both a pregnant as well as a lactating mother so that both the mother and the baby enjoy a good and healthy life.
Diet for a Pregnant Woman
With each passing day, the baby within you is growing. Accordingly, the nutritional requirement also changes. Some of the nutrients that should be consumed more during pregnancy include
- Proteins: Protein is a powerhouse that is essential for the overall growth and development of the vital organs of the body including the brain. Eggs, poultry, meat, tofu, peas, fish, nuts are healthy sources of protein and should be included in the diet during pregnancy.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid goes a long way to minimise the incidence of neural tube defects (congenital spine and brain defects). During pregnancy, a woman should take at least 600 micrograms of folic acid daily. Foods rich in folic acid include fortified cereals, green leafy vegetables, seeds, nuts, avocados.
- Iron: Many women tend to suffer from iron deficiency and anemia during pregnancy which can have a negative impact on the baby (infant mortality, low birth weight). The daily iron requirement for a pregnant woman is about 27 milligrams. Thus, foods such as iron-fortified cereals and grains, dried fruits, green leafy vegetables, egg yolk should be taken more during pregnancy.
- Calcium: The importance of calcium for the bone health is known to all. For a pregnant woman (19 years and above), the daily calcium requirement is about 1,000 milligrams (1,300 mg per day for pregnant women who are 18 years or below). The foods that are rich in calcium include milk, dried figs, dates, almonds, oatmeal, orange, kale.
- Sweet potatoes, legumes, dairy products, fish liver oil, lean meat (especially pork, beef), berries, whole grains, are considered healthy during pregnancy.
Pregnancy does not mean one should overeat. Eat only when you are hungry. Overeating can result in acid reflux and heartburns.
Diet for Lactating Mothers
Like pregnancy, women who are into breastfeeding should be careful with their diet. Enrich the diet with foods rich in Iron, calcium, proteins, and vitamins.
- Oatmeal, garlic, fennel, ginger, cookies, nuts, sesame seeds can work wonders to increase the lactation.
- Drink water, fresh fruit juice, soup, to keep the body hydrated.
There are also foods that are best left avoided for lactating mothers-
- Many babies develop allergic reactions (constipation, wheezing, eczema, vomiting, diarrhea) to dairy products. Thus, lactating mothers with such babies should avoid dairy products.
- Having chocolates in excess can have a laxative effect on the baby.
- Fish with high mercury content should be avoided.
- Processed foods and alcohol (avoid drinking at least 2-3 hours before breastfeeding the baby) are a big No if you are into breastfeeding.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lucid dreaming is any dream where you’re aware that what you’re experiencing is a dream. It takes place during your REM sleep (a sleep state that is characterised by random and quick eye movements alongside muscle paralysis). A study conducted on lucid dreaming shows that this form of dreaming comes with an increased activity in those areas of the brain that are, in general, dormant during sleep.
There are quite a few techniques of lucid dreaming. One of the ways is to maintain a dream journal, where you write down the dream you’ve had just after waking up. This trains your brain to remember your dreams so that you can consciously enter into a state of dreaming.
Lucid dreaming has impressive health benefits you’d be surprised to know about.
1. Develops your memory
Both lucid sleep and dreaming enable you to reinforce everything you may have learned when you were awake. They also enable you to consciously select the things that you want to remember.
While sleep, in general, is responsible for solidifying the memories that you create when you’re awake, dreams, in particular, are responsible for solidifying your episodic memory. Standing for the memory of your personal experiences of a particular place and time, episodic memory performs the function of a muscle memory (memory that is concerned with the development of motor skills) and helps you to learn new skills, while perfecting the skills you already have.
3. Helps in improving your game
In this context, lucid dreaming can significantly improve your gaming skills as you get the chance to practice them in the dream world. A study shows that the neurons that get activated when you dream of scoring a goal is the same as those when you’re scoring the goal in the real world. So, the visualisation of the act of scoring enables you to improve your performance in the real world.
3. Helps in overcoming anxiety
Being in a lucid dream gives you the opportunity to practice any number of terrifying scenarios, so that you can make changes as and when you want to in order to overcome anxiety.
Representing a state between being wakeful and in a REM sleep, lucid dreaming offers you with the possibility to push your boundaries where you can be anyone and do anything. It can be a good stress relieving mechanism.
4. It improves your sleep
One of the biggest benefits of lucid dreaming is that it augments your overall sleep quality by making you more aware of your dreams, and subsequently of your sleep. Awareness is an important factor for getting sound sleep since it helps in experiencing true relaxation. The outcome is you end up feeling more rested and refreshed. Gaining control over your dreams can also help in reducing nightmares, thereby improving your sleep.