Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Riya S Rochlani
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Riya S RochlaniYour feedback matters!
In order to get healthy hair, it is necessary that the hair are nourished with enough amount of healthy nutrients. While there are a lot of good solutions that could be directly applied on the hair to get healthy and shining hair, food also plays a vital role in making the sure that the overall health of the hair is maintained.
Here is a list of 20 best and worst foods that can enable a person to maintain healthy hair:
- Salmon: Vitamin D and protein are the best ingredients for a healthy scalp and hair. The Omega-3 fatty acid found in salmon keeps the scalp hydrated and accounts for a healthy shining hair.
- Beef: Beef is a rich source of zinc, protein, iron, vitamin B and numerous other minerals. All these ingredients help in maintain a good and healthy hair.
- Prunes: Prunes may not helps with bowel movement, but are a great dietary source for improving hair texture. They also prevent hair discoloration, thinning and loss of hair.
- Green tea: Green contains polyphenols that help in keeping the scalp healthy. Daily intake of green tea can improve the overall health of the hair. Applying green tea on the scalp also helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Carrots: Due to their rich vitamin A content, carrots maintain as an even flow of sebum that keeps the scalp moisturised. A healthy scalp translates into healthy hair.
- Eggs: Egg contains vitamin B and biotin. These are vital components as far as the health of scalp is concerned. Biotin makes the hair shiny and improves the overall health of the hair.
- Leafy vegetables: Green vegetables such as lettuce, spinach and broccoli are some of the best sources of vitamin C and vitamin A. They help in sebum formation and moisturise the scalp.
- Brown rice: Brown rice has fibre, protein, and vitamin. Studies have shown that regular intake of this kind of rice can keep the scalp healthy.
- Oysters: Oysters are a good source of zinc that helps in the production of a hormone known as androgen. The latter can address hair problems such as dandruff and hair fall.
- Walnut: Walnuts have multiple health benefits. Due to their rich content of vitamin E, copper, biotin, and omega 3 fatty acid, they can quickly address the problem of hair loss and improve hair texture.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese has low-fat content and is a great source of protein and calcium. It can improve dull hair in a short span of time.
- Green peas: Green peas contain iron, vitamin, zinc, copper, iron and such other important ingredients. They maintain the health of the scalp and the hair for a long term.
- Lentils: lentils can be consumed 2-3 times in a week for an even flow of oxygen in the scalp. The folic acid present in the lentils also ensures quick hair growth.
- Bell peppers: Bell peppers are a very good source of vitamin C. They ensure even flow of oxygen to the hair follicles ensuring hair growth and preventing hair damage.
Worst foods for healthy hair:
- Swordfish: Swordfish possesses a high level of mercury and is considered to be extremely harmful to the health of scalp resulting into hair loss and hair fall.
- Diet soda: Diet soda contains sweeteners that have aspartame as a component which is responsible for dull hair and loss of shine and texture of hair.
- Sugar: Sugar hinders the absorption of protein in the body. It is especially harmful to the hair follicle which needs protein for its general health. It should be avoided as much as one can in order to ensure healthy hair.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has multiple disadvantages. It dehydrates the scalp; hinder moisturising slows down the rate of zinc absorption in the body. It is one of the major causes for the loss of hair.
- Fast Food: Fast food contains processed fat and excessive fat. This can clog the hair follicles and results in hair loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I would like to reduce weight. Mostly around 10 -12 kgs Specially around the belly region. Can someone suggest some diet or anything else.
Everybody wants that perfect smile showing off pearly white teeth, but not many have it. There is a constant try to improve the smile by making the teeth whiter and brighter. Teeth can be discolored intrinsically or extrinsically. They acquire different shades and sometimes even different colors like brown and black, making them stand out as extremely odd. Teeth change color either due to intrinsic or extrinsic reasons. Intrinsic is when minerals like fluoride get incorporated into the tooth, giving it white irregular spots. Aging also causes intrinsic staining, turning them to a pale yellow shade. This is more difficult to remove than the extrinsic coloring. Also, teeth change color due to extrinsic causes like food substances, smoking, medications, tobacco usage, poor oral hygiene, etc.
The introduction of tooth bleaching came as boon to those who were unhappy with their teeth color. Whitening can also be done in the dentist's office or at home by the patients themselves. Though over-the-counter bleaching agents are available, it is always advised to consult a dentist and then choose the appropriate material. The time of each application and the duration of the entire treatment are best decided by the dentist. The product provided by the dentist would be stronger and will produce quicker results than the ones available in the market.
At Home Bleaching: The dentist will take impressions of upper the lower jaws and fabricate customized trays. The right material is then chosen, which is applied on these trays and left in place for the desired amount of time. This needs to be repeated for a time decided by the dentist depending on how much whitening is desired. The desired color is usually achieved in about 4 weeks' time.
In-House Bleaching: This will require multiple visits to the dentist, usually about 1 to 3, of about 30 to 90 minutes each. The gums are first protected and then the bleaching agent is applied. It could require laser for activation in some cases. If the desired color is not achieved, it could be followed by a couple of applications at home. In some cases, there could be minor complications including gum irritation and increased tooth sensitivity. This is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, which is the standard component in all bleaching agents. The whitening process can be repeated at desired intervals to add that extra sparkle. Once the trays are fabricated, the bleaching agent can be used multiple times.
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist:
- Tooth bleaching can make teeth temporarily sensitive or be uncomfortable for people who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can also lead to burned and even temporarily bleached gums.
- Tooth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won't work at all.
- To be sure of tooth whitening is worth your time and money, talk to your dentist before you use an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, talk to your dentist about what is the best method to change their color. The results could leave you surprised with a white, bright smile.
For the past 6 years I am suffering from tired legs through out day and night above ankle and below knee. I have tried physiotherapy, if treatment, massaging, calcium/D3 tablets, nerve soothing medicines such as oxetol, gabapentin. No improvement. I walk daily for 40 minutes in the morning. I do not know my symptoms refer to CFS, RLS, shin splint. I am 76 years old otherwise healthy. Can you give us a clue for cause and treatment.
I am going to the gym for about a year and my muscles are not tough enough and I need some diet to gain nice muscles.
Hello. My weight is around 105 kg and I want to decrease my thies and weight. What I have to do to decrease so and which type of food I have to avoid.
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
What is the treatment for allergic rhinitis ?
A number of medications, including antihistamines, intranasal corticosteroids, and decongestants are available to control symptoms. Allergen immunotherapy could provide long lasting benefit. You can "train" your immune system not to react exaggerated to an allergen anymore. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!