Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu K Balani
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu K BalaniYour feedback matters!
What is the main problem for continues bleeding after 5 days periods? And now it's spotting. For about 2 months daily. Also in tym of periods, Normal 5 days continuous bleeding occurred for about two months and after that some time daily spotting or bleeding of fresh blood. What is it?
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
I married 2 months back. After having sex my wife feeling more pain in vagina after one day or 2 days of sex. She's feeling not to have sex. Please suggest something. During starting days she not suffer that and once she observed light bleeding and more pain also.
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
It is a common notion that once a woman undergoes a Cesarean section, subsequent deliveries will have to be done by C-section too. This is not true and vaginal birth after cesarean is a very normal occurrence.
There are good chances that a woman can have normal vaginal delivery after a cesarean. However, this needs to be planned and the doctor and the mother would need to be prepared for it. There is also a good chance that the vaginal delivery may eventually be converted to a Cesarean, and so the doctor should be prepared for it too, parallely. This is known as TOLAC (trial of labor after Cesarean). The doctor will attempt for a vaginal delivery, but if it does not succeed, then Cesarean will be undertaken. This is an extremely safe procedure, though chances of success vary from one person to the other.
If you are keen on a vaginal delivery after a C-section, talk to your doctor to understand the risks and what to expect, both before, during, and after VBAC.
- Both the baby and the mother have great benefits to see, if opting for a VBAC. Some of them include:
- Reduced risk of maternal mortality with VBAC as compared to repeat Cesarean
- Less pain after delivery
- No uterine incision (The more number of deliveries, the more incisions)
- Less chance of infection as another incision means another chances of infection, hemorrhage, sepsis, etc.
- Reduced anesthetic complications and need for blood transfusion
- Reduced chances of internal organ damage, bladder injury, uterine perforation, etc.
- Reduced hospital stay and faster recovery from vaginal birth
- Reduced scar management
- Reduced chances of maternal morbidity
- Better immune response and protection against diseases like asthma, obesity, etc. for the child
Risks of TOLAC/VBAC:
- Good chance that an attempted vaginal delivery could get converted to a cesarean section
- Possibility of the previous Cesarean incision tearing open, which would immediately call for conversion to a Cesarean section
The trend for most doctors is to advise for a Cesarean section, if the previous delivery was through Cesarean. However, this need not be the case. Mothers are advised to look for hospitals, which have a low rate of C-sections and encourage vaginal delivery. The success rate of VBAC is about 60% to 80%, and should be encouraged. It is completely safe and preferable to have vaginal delivery, unless totally contraindicated. A prior cesarean alone should not be the reason to opt for a C-section. Have a detailed discussion with the doctor and go for a TOLAC. If it does not succeed, for whatever reasons, it can always be converted to a Cesarean section.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!