Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am having pain in front teeth both upper and lower.but don't have any germs around the teeth.what is the reason?
Sir from last 6 months I have problem related to throat because of the acid reflux problem whenever I am eating food I comes back from mouth with bitter test will you please suggest me what to do in this problem thanks.
I am 57 now, I have bleeding froms gums. I visited a doctor and am taking vitamin B. But still bleeding occurs while brusing and sometimes in evenings.
Hi sir good afternoon. I am suffering from mouth problem and lips also. Small chaale but painless can you please tell me what should I do ?
I am having tooth problems. I feel like itching in my enamels. I don't know whether its sensitivity or something else. Please suggest me the solutions. Thank you.
I am 28 year male about two years ago I have ejected my premolar teeth due to cavity and pain. Now a day a teeth just side by that teeth also also affected by small cavity and I feel that cavity increase day by day. A teeth just above it in upper jaw also began to same problem. I brushes twice a day by patanjali paste, yet problem occur. What is cause? And precautions.
I have swollen gums on my teeth while brushing little blood comes the swollen is not going what to do .
Sir or madam I have pyria disease because of that, coming bad breath from mouth there is any medicine to these to cure fastly. Please tell me.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration
hello Sir, Today morning after brushing I Got Light Blood From My Throat in My sputum just once after that I didn't get any blood is it normal or some serious? I never got this and this is the first time I Got This.
Doctors are saying take care of dental hygiene. But I tried all the things there no result. What should I do to overcome cavities?
I want fix teeth implant, what expenditure on it .IS right for future because l prepare defence exam please suggest me.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.