Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reshma T Shah
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Reshma T ShahYour feedback matters!
My hair is very hard nd damaged. So give me my hair silky nd shiny so please give me some suggestions.
After recovery from typhoid I still feel little hot. How to get rid from it? My age is 20 my weight is 63 kg and my height is 5.10 and I do not smoke or drink. I do not have any other problem.
Testosterone is a hormone produced by the testicles and is responsible for the proper development of male sexual characteristics. Testosterone is also important for maintaining muscle bulk, adequate levels of red blood cells, bone growth, a sense of well-being, and sexual function.
Inadequate production of testosterone is not a common cause of erectile dysfunction; however, when ED does occur due to decreased testosterone production, testosterone replacement therapy may improve the problem.
What Causes Low Testosterone?
As a man ages, the amount of testosterone in his body naturally gradually declines. This decline starts after age 30 and continues throughout life. Some causes of low testosterone levels are due to:
* Injury, infection, or loss of the testicles
* Chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer
* Genetic abnormalities such as Klinefelter's Syndrome (extra X chromosome)
* Hemochromatosis (too much iron in the body)
* Dysfunction of the pituitary gland (a gland in the brain that produces many important hormones) or hypothalamus
* Inflammatory diseases such as sarcoidosis (a condition that causes inflammation of the lungs)
* Medications, especially hormones used to treat prostate cancer and corticosteroid drugs
* Chronic illness
* Chronic kidney failure
* Cirrhosis of the liver
* Obesity (especially abdominal)
What Are the Symptoms of Low Testosterone?
Without adequate testosterone, a man may lose his sex drive, experience erectile dysfunction, feel depressed, have a decreased sense of well-being, and have difficulty concentrating.
What Changes Occur in the Body Due to Low Testosterone?
Low testosterone can cause the following physical changes:
* Decrease in muscle mass, with an increase in body fat
* Changes in cholesterol levels
* Decrease in hemoglobin and possibly mild anemia
* Fragile bones (osteoporosis)
* Decrease in body hair
* Changes in cholesterol and lipid levels
The only accurate way to detect the condition is to have your doctor measure the amount of testosterone in your blood. Because testosterone levels fluctuate throughout the day, several measurements will need to be taken to detect a deficiency. Doctors prefer, if possible, to test levels early in the morning, when testosterone levels are highest.
Note: Testosterone should only be used by men who have clinical signs and symptoms AND medically documented low testosterone
Testosterone deficiency can be treated by:
* Intramuscular injections, given anywhere from two to 10 weeks apart
* Testosterone gel applied to the skin or inside the nose
* Mucoadhesive material applied above the teeth twice a day
* Long-acting subcutaneous pellet
* Testosterone stick (apply like underarm deodorant)
Each of these options provides adequate levels of hormone replacement; however, they all have different advantages and disadvantages.
Who Shouldn't Take Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
Men who have prostate cancer or breast cancer should not take testosterone replacement therapy. Nor should men who have severe urinary tract problems, untreated severe sleep apnea or uncontrolled heart failure. All men considering testosterone replacement therapy should undergo a thorough prostate cancer screening -- a rectal examand PSA test -- prior to starting this therapy.
What Are the Side Effects of Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
* Acne or oily skin
* Mild fluid retention
* Stimulation of prostate tissue, with perhaps some increased urination symptoms such as a decreased stream or frequency
* Increased risk of developing prostate cancer
* Breast enlargement
* Increased risk of blood clots
* Worsening of sleep apnea (a sleep disorder that results in frequent night time awakenings and daytime sleepiness)
* Decreased testicular size
* Increased aggression and mood swings
* May increase risk of heart attack and stroke
Laboratory abnormalities that can occur with hormone replacement include:
* Changes in cholesterol and lipid levels
* Increase in red blood cell count
* Decrease in sperm count, producing infertility (especially in younger men)
* Increase in PSA
If you are taking hormone replacement therapy, regular follow-up appointments with your doctor are very important.
I am 38, since 8 years on words my face colour is changed like ash. Body colour is white. Pl. Tell me what type of the cation taken.
1. Drink a class of hot water mixed with lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Drink lemon juice and honey early in the morning on empty stomach. This is one of the best ways to get rid of belly fat.
2. Reduce the intake of rice and have more chapattis (indian bread).
3. Go for whole grains, brown rice, oats, brown bread, etc.
4. Most of the people tend to starve themselves in order to reduce belly fat, but let me tell you that it only does more harm.
5. Do not eat huge meals instead take small meals at regular intervals.
6. Switch to healthy food instead of fast food, oily, spicy and hot food.
7. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Soups, oats and salads are a good replacement.
8. Avoid sugar. Substitute sugar with jaggery or honey.
9. Switch to vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian food contains lot of fat and it takes lot of oil to cook.
10. Substitute coconut oil with olive oil. Olive oil is good for health and heart.
11. If you feel hungry then consume a bowl of fruits or vegetables or else munch on some dry fruits and nuts. Groundnuts are a good option.
12. Eat clove of garlic at night before you go to sleep or early in morning on an empty stomach. Garlic helps in digestion and increases you metabolism rate, which will help to reduce fat.
13. Work out. Hit the gym every day. Do not make excuses. Exercise is a quick way to burn the extra calories.
14. Yoga, aerobics, zumba dance, morning walks, jogging, sports like trekking, swimming, badminton, basketball, etc. Are also a good option.
15. Avoid eating heavy meals at night; instead only consume salad and soup. Drink plenty of water, fruit juice and vegetable juice.
Men in one study gave women?s breasts a score of 8.5 out of 10 which was the highest score in the set. So this proves once again that boobs are a woman?s primary sexual at-tractors for men.