Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi TyagrajaYour feedback matters!
Infestation on the skin caused by a tiny insect called Sarcoptes scabiei, which live on the skin up to 2 months, is called Scabies. Reproduction occurs on the surface of the skin and later they tunnel into the skin and lay eggs. This forms an extremely irritated, pimple-like rash structure on the skin.
Despite the fact that scabies can be troublesome, the infestation can usually be dealt with successfully. Treatment commonly comprises of drugs that eliminate the scabies parasites and their eggs. Since scabies is so infectious, specialists usually prescribe treatment for a whole gathering of individuals who come in successive contact with people having scabies.
Symptoms: Typical symptoms such as rashes and intense itching, appear up to 6 weeks since initial exposure. Infected sores, which may require additional treatment, are formed due to continuous scratching. Common sites for occurrence in babies are head, neck, face and hands while in adults, it occurs on the wrist, elbow, waist, penis, armpits, etc. The rash comprises of small blisters or pimple-like knocks which are the tunnel tracks of the mite apparent on the skin.
A more severe form of the condition, called crusted scabies may be developed in some people. This condition which is highly contagious is marked by thick crusts containing thousands of eggs and mites which developed on the skin. It usually occurs in people with weak immune systems. The mites are capable of overpowering the immune system and multiplying at a higher rate.
Treatment: Typical treatment includes disposing of the infestation with medicine balms, creams, and moisturizers. It is advisable to apply the cream all over the body and at night, when the mites are active.
Amid the main week of treatment, it might appear as though the symptoms are worsening. Nonetheless, after the initial week, you'll see less tingling and you should have recovered by the fourth week of treatment.
Precautions should be taken to prevent re-infestation as the mites are capable of living up to 72 hours after being abolished from the body. All clothing must be washed with hot water (122F). This should be followed by drying of the items at a high temperature for half an hour. Finally, the dried items should be vacuumed.
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do. 1.
Mera baby diet (khana) nhi chahta h .or I am six month pregnant. Wo avi v breast feed karta h.bt ye to wrong h naa. Use 3 montg se heavy constipation ki shikayat h.or latrine karne k time m to lagta h jaise ro ro k uska bura haal ho jaata h.Dr. Se v dikhwaya bt unhone v khana khilane ko kaha. Bt wo kuch v khana hi nhi chahta .main kya karoon main apne baby k liye bahut tension m hoon. Pls koi solution bataye .bahut problem m mera baby h.
I have 15 months son his weight is 10 kg he has vomit n loose stools what food should I give to him wat medicine shall I give ? Emeset syrup am giving to him for vomit please help me.
Hi, I have a 10 months baby boy, I would like to know that what would be the best thing for him to eat in this age?
I am kavitha I have 1 year 3 month boy baby. Still he didn't walking. What type of food want to give. Every evening I can give biscuits with milk is it good for health. I can give cerelac, farex like that type of food r not. Suggest some healthy food for my baby.
Dr. mera beta 15 month ka h use do din pahle 104 Fever tha par ab ni h or use kamzori ho gaye hai wo khada ni ho pata h or us k dono legs mai dard rehta h!
I have a 2.5 year old nephew he is able to speak few basic words like mama ,mummy, Nana,Didi etc but he is not able to speak whole sentence or some difficult words as well can you help me with the problem and solutions.
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
Today I took my 2 year child for vaccination of DPT better-1 . After vaccination nurse said fiver come & give me a tablet and told 1/3 rd part three time in a day. After 3 to 4 hour right leg (where vaccination take place) paining till now. What should I do .
I have boy he is 8 years old. He usually take coffee with his dinner. How bad it is to take coffee at night.
Hi. I am a mother of 14 months old baby boy. I happened to leave my baby with my parents and my husband at home and shift to Delhi. Yes, I wanted to focus, concentrate on studies, reach my goal, dream also wanted to take coaching classes after my career break for 4 and half years, so have left my baby yesterday with his grand parents and dad. How could he (baby) take me as I am not going to meet him for another 8-9 months? Will he remember me? What should I do? I mean should I stay in contact with him through video calls and occasional visit? What are the effects on him, if I do this and don't do this? And also what else I should do?
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.