Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramakant Desai
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakant DesaiYour feedback matters!
I feed my baby for over 3 years as she didn't took other milk products. Now am 31 and my breasts were sagged please recommend any good remedy without side effects.
My baby is 10 week old. I have given 1st dose of pentavac along with IPV at 6 week. Now 2nd dose of Pentavac is due. Can I switch to Pentaxim? As suggested by My pediatrician.
I am 17 yrs old and so weak and reason is nightfall. This sudden nightfall occurs and I came to know about this in next morning. My organ is also so weak and whole body is in pain feeling that nothing remains in the body. What to do? please help me!
My two year old daughter has lack of immunity. She very often falls sick. She gets fever two or three times in a month. Everybody says chawanprash will increase immunity. Is it true? Can I give my two year old daughter chawanprash for immunity?
My son 9 YEARS old ,He got Urinary infection in the penny. The end of the skin is infected and slightly closed. From 21st Oct it was happen thrice. Again I have shown to Dr. He was informed to do small surgery in the penny? Is it required? Please confirm.
Meri beti 7 month ki complete hogi. Mera yeh question hai ki baby Walker me use abhi bitha sakte hai kya? Hum jab use khada karte hai to woh ache se khadi rehti hai.
My son age 5 yrs, Weight 14 kg, he have cough & cold every months, please suggest some homeopathy medicine. Thanks.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.