Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
Sir I have breathing problem from 5 years and it happens only in season change month. What can I do?
I am 25 years old, have been suffering from sinusitis since last 3 years or more I had taken consult to many doctor but my disease is not cured. I feel facial pressure and congestion in brain and pain at nose what should I do.
I am 33 year old male, by profession in sales marketing, have to under go more than 100 Km journey everyday in bike. I feel sleepy through out the day, even though I have good sleep at night of 6 hours. Normally I don't take any medicine daily for any disease. I am pron to sneezing , running nose, cough and cold frequently for that I some time take medicine.
Bronchial adenoma is an uncommon benign tumour that begins in the mucous glands and the airways of the lungs (bronchi). These cancers progress very slowly and can be cured if detected. These cancers can easily spread to other parts of the body, such as the adjoining cells and tissues. These types of cancers, however, respond well to treatment.
There are three types of bronchial adenoma:
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the salivary glands of the mouth; it may also affect the sweat glands, trachea (windpipe) and the woman's breasts.
- Carcinoid tumors: These tumors impair the functioning of the nerve cells and cells that produce hormones. They usually develop in the stomach and the lungs.
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma: This type develops in the salivary glands. The parotid glands near the ears are usually affected.
Causes: The exact cause of this disorder is not known. It is believed that some genes in the body are responsible for mutation of the cells. Multiple endocrine neoplasia (a combination of diseases which affects the endocrine system of the body) increases the risks of being affected by bronchial adenoma.
Symptoms: Since these tumors progress very slowly, initially the symptoms might not be apparent. In the latter stages, the symptoms that show up depend on the location of the cancer.
For carcinoid tumors, the symptoms are:
- You may experience wheezing and cough
- Presence of blood in the cough
- Chest pain and breathing difficulties
- Becoming increasingly susceptible to infections such as pneumonia
For mucoepidermoid carcinoma, the symptoms are:
- The glands near the ears may swell
- You may experience pain in your face
For Adenoid cystic carcinoma, the symptoms are:
- Trouble while swallowing food
- Hoarse voice
- Swelling on the roof of your mouth
- Numbness in the jaw
- Bumps below the jaw