Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajendraYour feedback matters!
Sir I have stone in liver of 12 mm at Bali and MBBS doctor are telling for laser treatment. Kya stone medicine see sahi ho sakta.
Hi, My wife is pregnant (35 Weeks) and in urine test Bacteria is shown positive. Can you please let us know "it is dangerous to our baby?
Today I found that I have stone in my left and right kidneys. Right kidney 4mm left kidney 8mm size. I want to know what diet/medicines should I take in future to prevent these stone get bigger in size.
I am shiv ram verma. And I have 24 year old man from mahoba district. I have infected urinary stone since 2014. The stone size is 15mm. Give me a strong suggestion how can I remove it.
I had been operated for spina bifida at the age of 3. I am 45 yrs old now. Besides limping from left leg, I also had neurogenic bladder (post void residual of around 150 ml). I am taking medicines for the same i. E, flotral and urotone/ urivoid regularly. My query is regarding a) the medicines I am consuming can be taken on long term basis? b) doctor had advised me to get static cystogram of bladder done. Is the test safe considering neurogenic bladder?
I have acidic burping after food and constant pain in right upper side of abdomen since last three months what to do. I have done ultrasound nothing abnormal .Only found 3 mm renal calculi and 3.5 mm renal calculi in left and right kidney s respectively .Pls tell me how to get rid of this acidic burping and localized pain.
Hello doctor I'm Rohit Mane, I have kidney stone problem from last 4 years in both kidney so please suggest any permanent medicine for it.
Every few days I get kind of rashes around my urinal. A few days back I got type of ringworms above my urinal. Its just growing and now has reached a few cms big.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Taking Viagra 50 mg will leads to any side effect and also is it will effect the person with kidney stones.
I am 22 yr. I have been going to toilet 20-30 times per day. I have checked my blood test but it was fine. 13gr. No sugar also. I have been taking 6lt of water daily. How can I control toilet. What problem to me. Explain the control procedure.
I have a stone in right kidney. Some days before I was having unbearable back pain on right side. Now I have another problem, I have pain during urinating. Today there is blood in urine also.
I am a 46 year old lady. Since a week I am urinating after every 30 mints. Sometimes it is painful too. I am taking norflox medicine since 2 days but yet no relief from urination.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from urine problem. Recently I had urine routine test and report came out with some pus cells nearly 5-6.And I am having lower back pain all the time. And burning vagina during sex and also while urinating. Frequent urination but in very less quantity. Is there any issue? Help me to improve my condition.
I'm married. 21 years old. I'm suffering from urinary infection. Using condom is the reason of urinary infection?
When your kidney function falls below a certain point, it is referred to as a kidney failure or renal failure. Fortunately, you can still continue to lead a normal life with the right treatment for renal failure. Here are the three best treatments that you can choose depending on your condition and lifestyle:
1. Dialysis: Dialysis is the process that takes over the function of your kidneys to filter out the waste from your blood and maintain the proper balance of chemicals in the blood. You may use dialysis for many years or as a short-term treatment while waiting for a kidney transplant. Dialysis is not a cure for kidney disease, rather it helps you deal with renal failure. It is life-saving and without it, the kidneys will no longer function.
There are two types of dialysis treatments that you can choose from:
- Hemodialysis – This type uses a machine to remove waste from the blood and sends it back to your body. It can be done at home or at a dialysis center.
- Peritoneal Dialysis – This type uses the lining of your belly called the Peritoneum to do the work of your kidneys. A catheter and dialysis solution is used to carry out the function.
There are benefits and complications for each type of dialysis. The treatment decision will largely depend on the patient’s illness and their past medical history. Discuss with your doctor to decide the best option for you.
2. Kidney Transplant: Kidney transplants can provide a better quality of life than dialysis and can be seen as a potential cure for kidney failure. A healthy kidney from a live donor or deceased donor is surgically placed in your body as a replacement to the failed kidneys. Although this may be a better option for you, it has certain shortcomings. There is an element of rejection and you may have to wait for a long time to get a donor. Extensive testing and anti-rejection medications are prescribed with this treatment.
3. Palliative Care: Rather than cure, it is the care that people with serious illness need. With so much to deal with, the patients have an array of tough questions and challenges to deal with. Patients need to take into account all medical options and care options based on their condition and severity of the renal failure.
Making the right treatment choice is difficult and that too when you are ill. It is normal to be fearful and worried about the risks involved. Get support from your family and doctor to help you make the right treatment choice. It may also be helpful to visit a dialysis or transplant center to talks to others who have been through these treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.