Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pruthvi Deshpande
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pruthvi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My mother have dark patches or pigmentation on her face from many years Please suggest solution to remove it.
If you have been on a weight loss program and have recently lost significant weight, then you are most likely to have gotten stretch marks. It can be really embarrassing if they appear in the noticeable areas and you look for the fastest way possible to get rid of them.
But there is nothing to worry about, derma rollers are one such treatment procedures that can help fade away these marks.
People may often be confused whether or not will the derma rollers work for you. Read on to gain insight on the same and make an informed decision.
So, the first question that comes to the mind is that how do these derma rollers work?
When used on old stretch marks, derma rollers break up the skin cells that are already damaged and encourages the body to make new collagen. Collagen has a crucial role to play to ensure the skin's firmness and shape and is found in the middle layer or the dermis of the skin. In order to trigger the production of collagen, derma rollers penetrate deep into the dermis, without requiring to remove the epidermis layer of the skin. Repeated usage of derma rollers make the dermal layers thicken, making the old stretches to fade away gradually.
Who can benefit from using derma rollers?
Anyone and everyone who wishes to get rid of their stretch marks can use derma rollers. Involving no risks and side effects, derma rollers can be used along with a serum or cream, prescribed by dermatologists.
How long it takes to see the effects?
One must remember that it is depending on the severity of the old stretch marks, selection of the right rollers and cream or serums and the number of frequency of using the derma rollers the results can vary from one to another.
What are the add-on benefits derma rollers offer?
Along with reducing the old stretch marks, the non-invasive treatment offered by the derma rollers also smoothens the rough skin texture and encourages the renewal of the skin cells. It can also help in slowing down the aging process, preventing fine lines and wrinkles. By influencing the collagen production, these rollers ensure that the skin stays tight and supple.
Unlike many other stretch marks removal treatments, derma rollers are affordable and completely safe. The procedure doesn’t need a recovery time and, this efficient and effective treatment is fast-gaining popularity. But, before opting for derma rollers, it is essential that to consult a dermatologist and proceed to obtain optimal results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had an accident in bike last month & got so much spots on my hand and other places, this spots are so deep in nature. Want a suggestion from any dermatologist to have something to remove this spots at the earliest.
I am 32 years old on my nose and cheeks (under eyes) are some dark points pigmentation I have Pigmentation on my face like jhaiya. What is the best treatment for this?
Hello sir my name is sunny I have suffered from skin problem almost 8 Year and taken lots of medicine to remove them white skin but did not get any process.
Hi, I am facing with skin problem, particularly on face, compare to my body face is dark and very rough. I have pimples earlier, the black marks are visible. And I drink plenty of water and eat all vegetables. Can you suggest me any cream or treatment for face.
I'm getting Pimples on my face day by day and my face is looking very ugly I stopped oil And junk foods but it didn't stopped Please help me.
I have whiteheads on my nose since 5 years from now. What to do. It looks very bad. It became hard. Sometimes when I pull it from nose, a deep hole created. I live in Zambia now. So what can I do to get clean nose.
I have permanent tattoo in my hand and want to remove my permanent tattoo kindly suggest me from where?
Skin disorders include a wide range of conditions and may be a sign of illness so it is important to make a proper diagnosis and also make sure you are properly treating it. Everybody is eager to keep his Skin healthy and glowing. Let’s discuss some of the Skin disorders and how to take care of it.
Skin disorders are related to epidermis- the outermost layer of Skin.
Few examples of Skin disorders are:
- Acne: It is a condition in which the over-active oil glands and dead cells clog the pores resulting in pimples. It mostly occurs in teen age. There are different forms of acne such as blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, papules, nodules or cysts. They mostly involve the face, neck, back and shoulders. If left untreated it may cause blemishes and scarring.
- Melasma or dark spots on face or cholasma: Melasma or cholasma or mask of pregnancy is tan or dark skin discolouration on both side of the face. It can affect anyone melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptive or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Corns: The thick hardened layer of skin caused by friction and pressure. It is annoying, potentially painful condition that form thickened skin mostly bottom of the foot, between toes, fingers, palm etc involved. It is recurrent in nature after surgery or removal, it comes back again and again. By homeopathy, it goes permanently without surgery in 15 days only.
- Warts: warts are typically small rough and hard growth that is similar in color to the rest of skin. They do not result in any symptom. Mostly caused by human papilloma virus. Common wart ( verruca vulgaris) -
- Flat wart ( verruca plana)
- Genital wart
- Filiform wart
- Plantar wart
- Vitiligo: It is a loss of skin colour in patches due to skin loses pigment cell or melanocytes. This result in discoloured white patches in different areas of the body. Best treatment available only in homeopathy.
- Fungal infection: Very common like athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infection. Circular red raised rash with elevated edges, redness in groin or thigh, flaking, peeling or cracking of skin, itching, chafing or burning in the groin are marked symptom. Recurrency is marked.
- Eczema: - It is the inflammation of Skin often referred to as dermatitis. It is characterized by excessive itching, dry and scaly eruption with redness. It may occur at any age but most common in infants and children. Its cause is unknown. The different forms of Eczema are
- Atopic eczema
- Irritant contact eczema
- Allergic contact eczema
- Infantile seborrhoeic eczema
- Adult seborrhoeic eczema
- Varicose eczema
- Discoid eczema
- Psoriasis: - It is a condition characterized by thick, red, swollen patches covered by silvery white scales. It mostly involves scalp, face, lower back, elbows, knees, fingernails, and toenails. It may occur at any age. People with severe Psoriasis may have social embarrassment, job stress and emotional distress due to the appearance of the Skin. There are different types of Psoriasis:
- Plaque Psoriasis is characterized by raised scaly patches covered with white silvery scales.
- Pustular Psoriasis appears in the form of raised bumps filled with noninfectious pus. The Skin surrounding the pustules is red and tender.
- Generalized pustular Psoriasis
- Persistent palmoplantar pustulesis
- Annular pustular Psoriasis
- Acrodermatitis continua
- Impetigo herpetiformis
- Guttate Psoriasis appears as red, tiny dots and the lesions may have some scaling. It may occur afte the bacterial or viral infection.
- Psoriatic Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory arthritis that develops with Psoriasis. It is most commonly a seronegative Oligoarthritis.The course of Psoriatic Arthritis is usually characterized by flares and remissions. The pattern is as follows
- Asymmetrical oligoarticular arthritis.
- Symmetrical polyarthritis.
- Distal interphalangeal arthropathy.
- Arthritis mutilans.
- Spondylitis with or without ileitis.
- Acne Rosacea: - Rosacea is characterized by redness and pimples over the area of face. It mainly affects the forehead, lower half of nose and chin. It mostly occurs in woman and fairer Skin people. It mainly occurs in 30 to 40 yrs of age. It may be caused due to environmental or hereditary factors.
- Pruritus or Itching: - Pruritus referred to as tingling sensation of Skin resulting in excessive scratching. It may be due to Skin diseases, internal disorders or external factors. Common causes being fungal infections, athlete’s foot, candidiasis, pruritus vulva, pruritus ani, chicken pox and parasitic manifestations.
- Dry Skin and keratodermatitis: - Due to use of ordinary soaps, very cold, hot or dry weather or use of any chemicals.
- Alopecia areata : sudden hair loss that starts with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap, it is autoimmune disease.
- Hairfall: androgenetic hair loss is seen in both men and women but is more dramatic in men .thyroid disease , anemia ,protein deficiency, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may cause hair loss.
- Dandruff: dandruff can have several causes including dry skin, not cleaning / scrubbing often enough , shampooing too often, affects mainly the scalp. Symptoms include flaking and sometimes mild ithchiness. If more severe form of the condition which includes inflammation of the skin is known as seborrhic dermatitis.
- Dermatitis: - Dermatitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of Skin with itch and redness. The common causes are redness, swelling, itching and lesions. Types are:
Homeopathy Treatment for Skin Disorders:
The homeopathic approach for Skin problems is the constitutional approach where the patient answers a list of questions, based on which the analysis and evaluation of the case is done and a proper constitutional therapies is selected.
As homeopathy believes we need to treat the man in disease and not the disease in man. As Skin disorders are the end results of inner, emotional stress.many homeopathic medicines like pulsatilla, sepia, natrum mur, staphysgaria, calcarea carb, sulphur etc.
Homeopathy also doesn’t believe in treating the Skin disorders by local ointments and creams, rather it prefers the oral therapies which go deep into the system. We also have specialist for Skin Cancer Treatment.
Tips for healthy and glowing Skin:
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to keep your Skin moist.
Regular exercise to maintain Skin elasticity.
Protect Skin from UV rays.
Apply moisturizer after warm face wash to restore the oil keep Skin hydrated.
Get good sleep.
Wash your face daily mostly before going to bed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!