Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka JayaramYour feedback matters!
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Raised self-esteem
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am 30 yrs old married from 8 yrs and having a child of 5 yrs I am happily married after 8 yrs of marriage I met one of my very old fried cum relative on Facebook, we just got in touch nd chat regular after 15 to 20 days of regular but normal chat we became free to each other and talked about old memories and at that time we had crush on each other I cant say proper love to yhis thing we enjoyed being together thats it so we at this moment shared what we had in our mind at that moment and all this conversation was in chat or a bit of phn calls but chat was more and nothing was for present all was just in remembrance of past feelings which we shared at this present moment and all this came in front of my husband he is still thinking it that I love him right now he is angry he is not talking to me not answering what he wants from me what should I do to make him realize that nothing is for mow it was all olf thing and thag too it was just a crush nothing more than that I cried a lot becoz I love him what is real love is only my husband my child I feel so depressed alone empty without him I tried a lot to make him understand but he is not responding at all what should I do pls help this feeling is just killing me from inside I want him to just forgive me what I did what I shared to that person whom I dont love atall how should I make him understand he is my present and future and no one else.
I think I'm fixated on my nose it is slightly bent from the top I keep on thinking about this. One of my friend made fun of the twisting of my nose since that day I have been under immense depression I can't help thinking abt my nose what is it is it curable.
Alway I behave like an idiot, I want to speak something but I speak totally opposite. Frankly speaking I'm a mental.
I am a student of class 11. I am preparing for IIT JEE. On account of my studies I had to left my home. In my new house, I am facing a lots of mental difficulties. I am not getting as much concentration as I had earlier. Pls. Tell me how can I again gain my concentration.
Hi, I am having very depressive thoughts lately. I feel tired all the time. I try to evade any social gathering and have constant paranoia jitters. What should I do?
I am 28 years old n I facing problem when ever I interact to girl or women my eyes will go on there private parts which will make them uncomfortable to me as well n many times I tired to avoid but its not happening with every thinking wrong about me and my character please help me out.
sometimes when I masturbate after I feel pain below my abdomen today I did it I feel hot in my body someone says because I think a lot that's why it's true I think a lot could this be anxiety?
Dear Doctor, My brother has schizophrenia for more than 8 years now. He is not able to get recovered from his situation. Though he is able to talk to us like a normal person, he is not able to take a responsibility. He is jobless and showing no interest in anything. I am worried about his future. He is under medication. But he is not getting better. Medicines control his hallucinations for the time being. But it's not curing him completely. Please advice.
When I try to study I get irritate from myself for doing study and I wish to study alot but I can't do this is there any problem in with me why I can not concentrate on study please help me to grow my life.
Hi! I have been suffering from anxiety for 2 years and was on antidepressant pills. Recently my doctor prescribed me loranza 2. 1 tablet at night for a month. I was feeling normal until he reduced the dose to half tablet. Now im feeling like im going to die. Im feeling vomiting loss of appetite no sleep panic ect. Im suffering a lot. Please help me. My doctor is not available at present.
How can I mack my fathers memory sharp he forgets things fast I want to bring out my father from this problem.
I am taking medicines for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (gad) for last 4 years or so. But relapse of symptoms of occurs sometimes. Pl help.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.