Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema SinghYour feedback matters!
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Acne can be such an annoyance, you might have an important day tomorrow and that is when your skin decides to go rogue. What is acne? Overactive oil glands in your skin cause acne. It is a kind of skin disease where the skin produces excess oil, which traps bacteria and dead skin cells. This growth and proliferation of bacteria causes inflammations, leading to acne. Thankfully there are numerous acne care treatment. One of the most common methods is laser treatment.
Laser Treatment for acne
Laser treatment is a kind of dermatological treatment which uses concentrated light to treat acne.
What laser light does?
The concentrated light targets the bacteria, which combines with the excess oil on your face to cause breakouts. The light destroys the acne-causing bacteria, thus eliminating acne and also prevents future breakouts.
Laser treatment also shrinks the size of the oil glands and simultaneously targets pigmentation.
Laser light and scars?
The most common side effect of acne is acne scarring. And if acne scarring is your main concern, then laser treatment for acne will be integrated with laser skin resurfacing to treat your problem. Laser skin resurfacing directs short, pulsating light beams to remove your skin layer by layer with sharp precision. This smooths down scars, and fine lines while stimulating collagen growth.
It is recommended to use the two treatments alternatively. This way you can avoid side effects like redness and swelling. However, these treatments are safe and can give you clear, acne-free skin.
Is it recommended often?
The treatment is recommended based on the severity and frequency of your acne condition. Usually, 6 treatments are suggested, with monthly touch-ups. The touch-ups will maintain your glowing complexion, collagen production and prevent your acne from returning.
Differences you will see
The obvious differences you will see after laser therapy are clearer skin and reduced breakouts. It will also diminish sun damage, and you will have healthy and glowing skin.
When topical creams fail, laser treatment for acne is the best option available. Laser treatment is non-invasive; and it will correct you skin problems and maintain clear skin. The best benefits of this treatment are-
i. It is long-term
ii. It will make you less dependable on creams.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
She took i-pill by mistake n now she's bleeding (periods) from last 11 days any suggestions, Should we need to approach to doctor for proper check-up or it's normal.
I had protected sex just after the day my periods got over and I did take a contraceptive pill but I am worried because since then I havnt got my periods again. Its been a month. A week before I had spotting for couple of days. Please suggest what to do.
Pregnency kit me do line light dikhati hai dark nahi to kya prgnency + hai? Or pregnent na ho tab bhi kit me do line dikha shakti hai?
Hello Dr. My sister suffers from terrible pain during periods. She is 24 years old unmarried. She had pcod but now it is completely cured but she still feels lot of pain that she gets unconscious because of pain. Is there anything that can cure this permanently.
Hi I am 20years old me and my husband trying for baby since 3months my period is on 20th on 21th I had bit spotting like bwrn and pinkish could toady there is no spot in I have taken pregnancy test but its came negative. Could I be chance to get present?
I had unprotected sex, now I think my wife is pregnant, but nw we do not want to have baby neither we want to go for abortion. Is there any natural way of avoiding pregnancy, like I think 1 could be eating papaya. Also if papaya helps now, will we b able to have baby in n future?
- catalysing metabolic reactions
- replicating dna
- responding to stimuli
- transporting molecules etc.
Searching for ssohm on internet will help.
Infertility is when a female is not able to conceive for almost a year when not using contraception or is not able to carry the pregnancy through to term. With changing lifestyles, the incidence of infertility is on the rise. It is due to a combination of factors including lifestyle changes, improper diet habits, genetics, a healthy relationship, and of course all leading to body imbalances.
Ayurveda believes that infertility is caused by lack of “shukra dhatu” which is basically the reproductive tissue. A healthy semen, healthy ovum, and healthy uterus are essential for a healthy pregnancy. This shukra dhatu is the 7th element and is formed by a sequence of reactions between other 6 dhatus. The entire chain reaction must be healthy to achieve a healthy shukra dhatu, the 7th element. While Bringhana types of foods nourish all the dhatus, the Vrishya types of foods enhance the shukra dhatu per se.
Addressing diet, therapies, and lifestyle changes using a combination of measures is necessary to ensure healthy dhatus are formed, leading to healthy pregnancy.
- Swedanam: This is a form of therapy where there is the use of heavy blankets and some exercises. The idea is to get the patient to sweat out the toxins, and once the toxins are out of the system, fertility is ensured.
- Vamanam: This is a detox system, where vomiting is induced to get the undigested food and toxins out of the body.
- Basti: This involves giving an enema to the person rectally, with the result of achieving cleaner sperms and eggs which are essential for healthy pregnancy.
- Shirodhara: Using medicated herbal oils where they are moved over the forehead at specific points in a rhythmic manner helps in body mind balancing. It stimulates the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and pineal glands which play a significant role in secreting adequate amounts of hormones essential for pregnancy. FSH is essential for the release of the egg, where the process of fertility begins.
- Gokshura: This is useful in women with polycystic ovaries, where it stimulates the ovaries and is effective in promoting conception.
- Shatavari: This is useful in regulating menstruation and is also useful in women with polycystic ovaries, who generally have a problem conceiving. It nourishes and cleanses the female reproductive organs and restores hormonal balances which are essential for conception and pregnancy.
Lodhra boosts the amount of pregnancy hormones in circulation (FSH and LH). In women who have had repeated miscarriages, giving this a couple of months in advance can help in preventing miscarriages or abortions.
In addition to these, a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise minus alcohol and smoking leads to overall health, which is very helpful in conception and pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
How to remove vaginal odour in a natural way? Can vaginal odour and not getting vaginal bleeding flr about 8 months harmful?
Every woman is going through the monthly periods I am also a girl. But when it is having to me but through this time I am having such type of pain that I don't bother it it hurts me a lot that an average woman doesn't have such conditions. My body is getting pain from all sides. Most the pain starts from my abdomen to all my waist and it hurts me a lot. I used some pain killers to get rid of it but it doesn't works. So please give me some suggestions to get relief from it.
I am soo worried regarding irregular periods. Only 2 days is bleeding flow. Pls give me some more information.
After intercourse, most of time semen is coming out from vagina, I am not sure it's completely or partially. Is this makes issue of getting pregnancy.
Actually me and my wife did sex on March 26th, she got periods on 28th March. After that till now (may 1st) she didn't get periods. We have doubt that whether she got pregnant?
For many people, popping a calcium tablet is something which has benefits, but at the same time does no harm. After all, who does not want to have strong bones and healthy teeth? The unfortunate part is that things are not so simple and a lot of research has debunked this.
Take, for example, the findings that when an old woman has calcium, the fracture rates are not all that different as compared to one who has not had calcium supplements. In addition to this, it was also found as part of a study that there is no positive impact on the mineral density of the hip.
As a matter of fact, calcium tablets and supplements can pose a significant risk, as well. While it is true that calcium does help in the effort of getting heart disease, an amount which is greater than the dietary limit does not. Actually, the excess calcium may increase the risk. This is true when it comes to calcium from supplements and not calcium which is absorbed by the way of food. So, what sort of additional risk is there? A study found that people who receive calcium from a tablet or another similar source have about a 140% greater chance of a heart attack!
How much is too much?
A thousand milligrammes of calcium in excess of the requirement on a daily basis is said to increase the risk of death from CVD or cardiovascular disease by about a fifth. Not a trivial amount, by any measure.
But why does this happen?
The key to answering this question comes from how the calcium is absorbed by the body. When calcium from food is eaten, the rate of it being released is a lot slower as compared to calcium from tablets. Also, when there is excess calcium, it is not absorbed and kept in reserve by the body but is excreted in the form of urine. So, this calcium going through the kidneys can cause some trouble there, as well!
Yes or No?
So, what is to be done in order to make sure one is having a sufficient amount of calcium? Well, there are a lot of sources and consuming things such as dairy products and fish, along with dark leafy vegetables are some great ways to get natural calcium. Only if a person has very low calcium levels should calcium tablets be consumed? It is well worth remembering that too much of a good thing is a bad thing! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies is related to the risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths. As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
1. Be aware
Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
2. Enjoy foreplay
Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
3. Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions
4. Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
1. Don't go for multiple partners
Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
2. Don't Use sex toys
Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
3. Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers
Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
4. Don't Keep yourself ahead of her
It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not negatively affect her mental health.
5 Do not mix drugs with intimacy
Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the results of substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.