Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I have a baby boy. He is 11 month. Uske left cheeks k niche down me red mole jaisa janm se hi h. Iska upaybataye pls ye kya h isse koi isue bhi h?
Hello doctor, my baby boy is 16 months of age and his weight is 8.9 kgs (still takes mother feed no other milk at all). His birth weight was 2.4 kgs. We are giving him vitamin d3 (arbivit d3 and earlier we also gave him d-sol and other few such medicines as prescribed by our doctor) drops (1ml/day). His vitamin d3 drops have not been regular means we have been able to give him these drops 5 days in every 7 days. Doctor had also advised him iron drops and zincovite which he did not take regularly. Is this a serious problem? our main problem with him is that that he does not eat food. We have tried lot of home made items which our doctor and friends have advised but he does not want to eat food at all. We have to do 100 of tricks and games (which is not possible at each and every diet and especially if we are out of home) in his each diet to distract him so that he can eat some portion of the food at least. Also sometime we are not successful in making him eat even after doing all this. This has been an issue since last 5-6 months but this problem has increased many fold from last 1.5 months since he was admitted to hospital due to excessive vomiting and loose motions. He has also developed allergy with lactose which is another issue. Please advise what should we do so that he starts eating food. We try 3-4 times in a day but he takes even half of that. He does not even want to open his mouth as seen as he sees the food and starts crying and shouting. Please advise.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Sir my baby suffer by ischemic fits or seizures. Please tell me the best treatment to cure this condition.
Hii Dr. My baby is of 23 days n while feeding I feel pain in nipple due to cracks. N I am using nipcare cream bt it's not helpful. please help me I feel very differently during feeding.
My daughter's son is 1.5 year old. Which milk is safe for him. He is on breastfeed currently. Can v give cow milk? His weight is 12 kg.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
After returning from a outstation trip of 4 days, my daughter of 3yrs had vomtings, and I gave unidron (ondansetron oral solution) of 5ml at one night. The vomiting stopped and from the next day, she is refusing to have food. She is having 1 or 2 spoons and telling me, im getting vomiting, I dont want to eat. Im giving only that 2 or 3 spoons of rice, she doesnt vomit. If I forcibly try to feed her, shes behaving as if, she is yet to vomit. This is the situation from 3 to 4 days. Previously I dont have any problem with her food. If she feels hungry she used to ask me n eat. Now she dont want to eat. What should I do? She is not having food, so she is feeling low and she wants to sleep. What should I do?
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
My daughter had met with an accident at the age five had injured in righ side forehead, now she is nine years old, scar is now more visible looking odd, kindly suggest a remedy for this? Is plastic surgery is advisable?
My baby is two and half years old. I am using ceruklin in his ear to remove the waste. But not succeeded. It is increasing. He removes my hand when I try with johnson bud during sleeping. please suggest what should I try to solve this issue.
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.