Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in THANE and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GokhaleYour feedback matters!
1. Infant oral health exam, which includes risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
2. Preventive dental care including cleaning and flouride application as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
3. Habit counselling like pacifier use and thumb sucking.
4. Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite.
5. Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
6. Management of gum diseases.
7. Care of dental injuries for examle-fractured, displaced or knocked out teeth.
Baby is 8 mnths, I've started working past couple of weeks. Baby was exclusively on breast feeding for 6 months, now started with formula milk n rice with vegs smashed. Passes morning stools normal but sometimes in the day when I'm away at work passes loose stools is greenish in color, is it normal? Kindly help because I've been pressurised at home to stop breast feeding him. I want to continue feeding till he is 2 yrs.
Hello Doctor, my baby is 4.5 month old now. He did not smile & always see towards forehead. My baby weight around 5.3 kg, birth weight was 2.5 kg. Baby born at 36 week pregnancy & till date he did not rollover & did not keep his neck strong. We consult doctor here, doctor prescribed rapigrow, vit d & multivitamin. He had done all the blood & stool check up & ultra sound of brain & did not found anything abnormal. Could you advise what to check further?
My daughter completed 8 month, i plan to start solid food. So please tell me which type of food I can start.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.