Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in THANE and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Gokhale
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GokhaleYour feedback matters!
Is nebulization for 7 years old child is good or bad often my child is asked to go for this treatment by Doctor. How to reduce such type of treatment because I am not ok to give this continuously. so please help me for that
Dear sir/madam, I have a baby boy age 8 months 5 days,(presently 9th month running, he is active but weight is 7 kgs 7th and 8th month also same weight which type of food or syrup better to weight gain please help me Thank u.
Problems with the skin during the teenage years are very common. Although skin issues can be really stressful, the right skin care treatment can help in controlling the problems you may face during this time. Here are some of the skin issues that you may face at this stage of life and ways to prevent them:
Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control.
Our baby is of 1 month 20 old, we have taken all the vaccines prescribed for 45days except PCV because it is costlier. Is pcv vaccine for the infants is compulsory?
My nephew is 5 years old. He is able to read well but reluctant to write. He is not willing to write at all. What can be the reason for this and how do we make him write.
Tell me in detail that what kind of foods can I give to my baby after 6 months if my baby takes these foods well?
The attack of asthma is severe if
The patient is breathless at rest, is hunched forwards,talks in words rather than in sentences(infants stop feeding),is agitated,drowsy,or confused,has bradycardia or has a respiratory rate of more than 30/mt.
Wheeze is loud or absent.
Pulse is more than 120/mt( greater than 160/mt in infants)
PEF is less than 60% of predicted or personal best,even after initial tratment.
The patient is exhausted.
The response to initial treatment is no prompt and sustained for at least 3 hours.
There is no improment within 2-6 hours after oral glucocorticoid tratment is started.
There is further deterioration.
Mild attacks ,defined by a reduction in peal flow of less than 20%,nocturnal awakning and increased use of B2- agonist, can usually be treated at home if the patient is prepared and has a pesonal asthma management plan.
Moderate attack may require and severe attack usually require care in hospital /nursing home.
My tailbone hurts when I sit a certain way and it only hurts at the top of my buttcrack. I never fell on it or anything, but I can feel a bone on the top of my buttcrack that hurts even when I touch it. My buttcrack also is wet in the area hours after I have showered. I am not sure what the issue is but the liquid is coming from somewhere and smells really bad and I am in pain and I guess its pilonidal cyst. Any idea how to treat this?
If your child develops an eating disorder, you might be unsure about how to solve the problem and how to act on it. Eating disorders occur when your child tends to either eat in excess, or eats too less. The behavior of your child is also subjected to change because of an eating disorder. It is likely for him to get withdrawn, rude, and touchy. This makes it difficult for you to deal with them at a time when communication is necessary. Here are some essential tips that you should follow in dealing with eating disorders in children:
- You should get advice about how to talk to your child. It will help you in realizing that your child is likely to be defensive as their eating disorder is a form of coping. Hence, it is normal for a child to be reluctant about letting go of it. If your child is undergoing treatment, the treatment team has a vital role to play. However, your constant love and support are also very important.
- It is important to talk to your child about the condition, even though he cannot accept that he is having a problem. Communication is an essential part of treatment, which you should never ignore. You should not blame or judge your child, and refer proper resources to him. You have to be prepared for a negative response from your child.
- You should educate yourself properly about your eating disorder. Abstain from talking to your child about his appearance, even in the form of a compliment. Use ways for boosting your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Abstain from referring to weight problems and diets followed by other people. You need to assure your child that you will be there for him, no matter what. You should talk to him about activities he should get involved in, in a positive tone and approach.
- Coping with the meal times of your child suffering from an eating disorder is very important as well. Consult your child’s treatment team to know about ways of arranging your meal times ideally.
- Take your child out for shopping and agree on having meals that are acceptable, from both your and his end.
- You should have an agreement with your whole family regarding meals, which will help to set the expectations of everybody. Agree on not talking about fat content, calorie content, or portion sizes during meals.
- You must abstain from consuming low calorie food items in front of them. Try to keep the meal time atmosphere positive and light hearted. Do not focus on others during meal times and teach your child to concentrate on his own meal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!