Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in THANE and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GokhaleYour feedback matters!
My baby is 6 months old. We are giving visyneral multivitamin drops and ultra d3 drops is this fine or its better to introduce her wth sunlight instead of giving drops? Is it good to continue with the medicines. My baby has got diaper rash which has made her skin very red near private area. Doctor has recommended zinc dry powder since rash is not getting healed for 5 days.
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
If breast milk not come after two or three day of birth we can give any other milk like cow, buffellow or goat to child?
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
My Daughter 19 months old, started high fever for 101 degree two days ago. Consulted Paediatrician and Medication started with P125, Sinarest (both at different time) levolin and Fabilac. But she is getting high fever often with a light shiver, body get high heat but no all over, below abdomen it is chill, it varies in upper body. No Diarrhoea, Vomit (only water) was twice at the time of shiver. Within 2 hours she is normal. PD says it would be there till Friday. But doubt about the high fever but temperature varies, esp head get too high temp and her eyes blinks erratically. Is it a viral fever or anything else.
My baby boy is 6 week old. . . He is suffering from running nose and cough. . . please guide Does sinarest af drops for running nose and mucolite for cough will help?
My daughter is 7 year old. She is weight is only 15 kg and hemoglobin parentage is 8 and she is not interested to eat foot like roti, sabji, milk, etc except pizza, chaumin, potato, dal and sometime she eat good smelling things like shops, rubber, wax color, incense sticks so please help me for this case.
Hello, I have a 3 years baby boy, today he felt Itching around the anus. I saw a worm. How to get rid of worms in the baby?
I was born a baby in Feb 2015 and my period is starting from this month but not regularly why is it a problem?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.