Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha Niraj Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha Niraj GuptaYour feedback matters!
I m very must satisfied with the skin treatment, one of the best skin specialist in mira road . I would recommend her to others too..
Chemical peels can improve the skin's appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it "blister" and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands.
After the chemical peel treatment, the face looks fresher and smoother because the new skin is exposed. Chemical peels for face range from light to deep, depending on the skin type
Chemical peel benefits are numerous. It improves the appearance of the following:
- Fine lines in the under-eye area and around the lips
- Loose skin due to aging and sun damage
- Light scars, if any exist on face
- Skin tone
- Dark patches on skin caused by pregnancy
- Sun-related freckles and spots
However, the changes are transient and subsidise within hours.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
A chemical peel gets rid of imperfections on the face and neck, and makes wrinkles and acne scars less noticeable. It is not a question of do chemical peels work, but how well. One chemical peel session will not make the skin perfectly smooth; it will require several sessions to get the best results.
Before deciding to go for the treatment, it would be best to take time to understand and see what the chemical peel results will look like. The best way to do this is to consult with a good dermatologist and ask about what to expect.
If there is one thing for sure, chemical peel treatments are super effective at what they do.
Which cream I should use not to get any stretch mark on my abdomen and from when to start use as I am 11 weeks pregnant.
I'm 39 years old. I hv lots of grey hair. Can you suggest is it possible to reverse or suggest Ayurvedic oil or dye pls.
I am loosing my hair quickly have tried aal shampis but not effect yet? I am not sure what I can do. Can you help please in this?
Hiiiiii. I am Ritika and I am 16 years old girl. My mom has so many dark spots and pimples on her face and even on her back. Mam can you plzz. Suggest me some tips and medicines for her face and back.
What is an exact cure for Lichen Planus? Tried a lot of medicines but still not completely eradicated. 22 year old male.
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which helps in rejuvenating the skin. The effects of sun, old age and some facial skin disorders are also reduced with laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is quite safe, convenient and provides effective results. The expenses for this procedure are comparatively lesser than other related cosmetic procedures.
Laser skin resurfacing is also called laser peel and helps in the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells in also stimulated. As a result of this procedure, your skin becomes smoother, younger and looks healthy.
During the procedure, a laser is used, which dissolves the molecular bonding of damaged skin cells. This is done layer by layer until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more uniform. The damaged skin layers are peeled during this procedure.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your requirement. All facial lines and wrinkles are improved depending upon the depth. There are different devices used for laser skin resurfacing and hence, the procedure can be divided into several types, based on the types of laser used.
Types of Lasers:
1. CO2 lasers: This device accounts for being the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin's appearance becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser utilizes heat for the restriction of collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are used in early stages of cancer treatment.
2. Erbium lasers: These lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. These are less powerful than the CO2 lasers, but more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is carried out mostly in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation are less. The healing period is shorter, and these lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
3. Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other laser treatment methods. The Fraxel laser procedure is non-invasive and fewer side effects occur after the treatment. Skin tenderness and pain are not felt after the treatment. This treatment requires several sessions to be completed.
A laser skin resurfacing procedure enhances your skin's beauty and youthfulness as all facial lines or wrinkles are eliminated. The overall texture of the skin is also improved in case it becomes rough and coarse due to sun damage. The production of collagen in the lower dermis is stimulated as well. Laser skin resurfacing also removes skin growth like moles and warts.
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective cosmetic procedure for skin rejuvenation.
Note: All the wrinkles or facial lines are improved/eliminated depending upon age/depth and the type of Lasers used /indicated.