Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathiba Gupte
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathiba GupteYour feedback matters!
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 22 years old women I am married and I am studying so now I don't want baby how to control it please help me.
I am 22 years old and ma gf is 18 we had unproctected sex 15 days back. And I don't want to take risk of she bring pregnant. So is there any pill that you can suggest her for now. Please reply.
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess:
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
PCOS or poly cystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body. As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Lower inflammation levels: The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate poly cystic ovaries, thereby, producing more androgens.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion: Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor: If you have a family history of PCOS, it's highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I had sex with cloths on on 4th march. While having sex with cloths on I (boy) cummed in my underwear and the my jeans got damp which also touch her underwear above her vagina. After that she is having all 7 periods till now. Serial order is 6th march, 12 april 12 may 14 June 19 July 18 august and 19 September. She once vomited in may. And became ill during march to april. Can she still become pregnant from the sex with cloths on done in march 4? Can breakthrough bleeding happens every month like periods?
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is being gradually (albeit heavily) dismantled, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to share explicitly divided opinions despite everything even till this day.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month' is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time. However, this remains challenged by the many upshots as enlisted below:
- Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviate the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
- Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time than if they hadn't had any intercourse. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to happen.
- No need for lubes
Your flow acts as an active and better lubrication during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubrications during the time of the month.
- Chances are that you might actually like it
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.