Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prasheel Ashok PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 50 yers old I am a diabetic patient and bp patient. Am using sugar free tablet for sweetness. Is any side effect fr using dat tablets.in tea r milk. If any side effects wt can I use for sweetness. Kindly confirm. Thnk you.
My mother is 41 years old and and has high LDL cholesterol levels, it is 244. Can you please suggest ways to lower it? Thank you.
I have undergone OPEN heart surgery over 5 years. But scare is not gone its seem big. I do I can remove it.
Im a 25 years old boy when im sleeping my heart beat be normal but when I wakeup my heartbeat suddenly increased in day only.
My wife thyroid level are as under t3.81 t4.8. 6 tsh 8.98 she take thyrofit100mg. Daily so this tablet is ok my thyroid level are as under t3 116 t4 8 tsh 7.19 I take thyrofit 25mg. Daily so this tablet is ok & I regular take rosaval 20 because cholesterol. please your advice is valuable.?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.