Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Prashant Patnaik


Urologist, Thane

300 at clinic
Dr. Prashant Patnaik MBBS Urologist, Thane
300 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies....more
To provide my patients with the highest quality healthcare, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies.
More about Dr. Prashant Patnaik
Dr. Prashant Patnaik is a popular Urologist in Kaushalya Medical Foundation Trust Hospital, Thane. He studied and completed MBBS . He is currently practising at Shraddha Hospital - Thane in Kaushalya Medical Foundation Trust Hospital, Thane. Book an appointment online with Dr. Prashant Patnaik on has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Find the best Urologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - - -


Book Clinic Appointment

Shraddha Hospital - Thane

Shraddha General Hospital,First Floor, Near Vishal Marraige Hall Building,Hospital Road,Ulhasnagar,Landmark: Near Hanuman Mandir.Thane Get Directions
300 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Prashant Patnaik

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Dear Dr. I am frequently passing passing urine during the night. Where as during day time, not frequent. I am a bp. Patient and not diabetic. My late father got prostrate enlargement and got operated. My age is 68years and male. Please suggest me the way of treatment in this regard.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Nocturia or passing of frequent urine at night can be a symptom of prostate enlargement. Please get a urine examination and an ultrasound kidney bladder and prostate done. Please revert back with reports.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After marriage I am getting very frequently t uti and its very severe also, as when I go to doctor they are doing urine culture telling its uti, so can you tell why its happening.

Unani Specialist, Allahabad
Hello Ms. lybrate-user let you clear one thing, UTIs are more common in female than male body due to low distance of Vaginal Vulva and Urinary Track. Female vagina is a very moist part of body. And after current marriage its seems to be very common complaint in married females. So, just aware and do maintain your personal hygiene during Menstrual Periods and after Intercourse (coitus) with your husband. You have to use any Vaginal Wash daily during periods and after coitus. And take a proper treatment by your physician. Thanks.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I went for abdominal pelvic trasonography and as per results my prostate is. Moderately enlarged in size. Also parenchymal calcification noted. It measures 4.9:x3. 8x4.0 CMS.(vol. _40 cc). Impression is moderate prostatomegally. Consulting Doctor advice surgery. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Though I can't control urination no problem while passing urine. Please let me know if surgery is required and if it can be cured through medicine. Thanks.

MBBS, MRCGP ( UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), DFSRH (UK), DRCOG (UK)
Endocrinologist, Hyderabad
Hello Sir, You can try medication for 3-6 months and see if it helps with your symptoms. Your urologist can prescribe you the medication. A particular tablet which the urologist may prescribe needs to be taken for atleast 6 months before you can see some benefit. Hence the time period of 6 months that I mentioned above. Another type of tablet cans how improvement in 3 months. If after 6-9 months your symptoms have not improved then you can consider surgery. Hope this helps you Thank you.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After passing my stool I had a severe anal pain and if I eat something then also I feel a pressure of stool.

MBBS, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Hyderabad
According to your history it appears you have a fissure in ano, which needs to be confirmed by your doctor, if in case your doctor after external exam tells you that you do not have a fissure in ano he will perform a proctoscopic examination and figure out the cause of pain and suggest treatment. As far as your sensation that you need to go to a toilet after eating is a feature in some normal people it is due to a simple condition called gastro colic reflex, for which no treatment is required, this is seen in high performers or stressful individuals, you only require will power to control. Gradually you will overcome from this problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Doctor, I am having 4 kidney stones (size 9,7, 6 mm) in both kidneys. I am taking stone syrups (homeopath) for the last 15 days. Please advice is it ok for taking this medicine.

BHMS, PGDM (Emergency Medical services)
Homeopath, Pune
Continue your syrup. Along with that you'll need oral homeopathic medicine depending upon your mental & physical symptoms Have Plenty of Water. Avoid coconut water.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 36 years old male having several crystallize stone in both kidney sizes about 5-6 mm is there any such medicine for the crushing of said stone and can be remove permanently and non re occurrence of stone kindly help me and let me know.

M. sc Psychology, BHMS
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Mr. Lybrate user, primarily the t/t for renal stones will be depend on the size, location& content of stone. Few stones are tough to get melted by its chemical structure, location also plays important role. When the stone is located in ureter[depending on iys size, lodged if, or in curve, or@stricture, then the complaints, suffering also will be more painful. But in homeopathy, you can opt the t/t when size is less, your present suffering is very lss a sper location, when its not risky.{in sever conditions,& few risky as per I mentioned above, some times you should nt wait with alternative medicines}&yes, taking homeo is very helpful for controlling the recurrence of stones again. T/t should be based on your symptoms, reports, chronicity. You will get dfntly better results. Take more water. Always make a habit of taking more liquids, water atleast 4-5 litres/day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I was getting a feel that I want to go to urine every 10 min. Is that a unnecessary feel or there is any problem, I don't have any irritation or burning sensation while passing urine. Pls help me with this.

General Physician, Kolkata
It may be due to high consumption of water. Take less water like 2-3 lit/day. If not slolved, Do-- +PSA test +Blood glucose test - fasting and PP Feel free to ask more in private chat. Happy to help.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 37 years old married women. I have frequently uti infection. In last 2 yrs. Particularly it occurs before my periods. Please suggest what should I do?

MD-Gynaecologist & Obstetrician , MBBS
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Drink a lot of water & fluids, maintain genital hygiene and also get a urine culture and blood sugar levels tested.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I was urinating .all of sudden I felt tiredness fitness n difficulty in breathing n then I fell down. I banged my head several times on floor. I regained consciousness after 1 min what was that? It happened to me around 5 times before.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Can be vasovagal. Do not all be sudden stand up from lying position and rush for urination to prevent such attack.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a female, 28 years old, married. I am suffering from a problem for last few days. I feel a burning sensession in my rectum when doing potty. Its too difficult to do this and very much painful. Pain stays at least 2-3 hrs. Please help me. Its very painful. I cannot handle the pain anymore.

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Thrissur
Dear Lybrate user, sounds like this is a case of anal fissure, you have to take fibre rich diet, do sitz bath two times a day and also apply nifecaine gel in the perianal area. Syp cremaffin 10 ml at bed time will help you to soften your stools.
Submit FeedbackFeedback


PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
This is dhatuksheenta or prameha. You should take chandraprabha vati 1-1 tab with milk twice a day. And pranacharya dhatupaushtik churna with milk twice a day. Avoid tea and coffee.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a handicapped person suffering from spina bifida by birth. And in childhood I have no control on urine. My problem is that I have girlfriend and when I want to sex with her I can't do it because my urine is not in my control. I was afraid if I try to intercourse with her and my urine pass away than it was very embarrassing movement for me. So I want to know is there any medicine which stop my urine for some our that could I make the sex with her. Please help me.

Ayurveda, Nashik
ayurveda can help you better to put control on your urine & sexual issue. duration of treatment is depends on other conditions too.for that u need to examined uttar basti (for male) is better option. do kegel exercises( for male) it will help you
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My boyfriend is experiencing some bumps (like pimples) around anus i.e. On the anal line. Is it an infection? What is the cure? His age is 21.

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Delhi
He may be suffering from perianal abcess. You should get his proctoscopy done under local anesthetic jelly to confirm the diagnosis. Perianal abscess needs surgery.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

General Physician, Aligarh
Urinary tract infections in adults - Prevention

Not all urinary tract infections (UTIs) can be prevented, but there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk of developing an infection.

Cranberry juice and capsules
Drinking cranberry juice may help prevent UTIs. If you have had recurring UTIs, higher-strength cranberry capsules are recommended. These are available from most pharmacists and supermarkets.

Don't drink cranberry juice or take cranberry capsules if you are taking warfarin (a medicine used to prevent blood clots).

Treat constipation promptly
Constipation can increase your chances of developing a UTI. Recommended treatments for constipation include:
increasing the amount of fibre in your diet (20g to 30g of fibre a day)

using a mild laxative on a short-term basis
drinking plenty of fluids

See your GP if your symptoms don't improve or if your child is constipated.

Diaphragms and condoms

If you're a woman, using a diaphragm for contraception can increase the risk of getting a UTI. This is because the diaphragm may press on your bladder and prevent it emptying completely when you urinate.

If you use a diaphragm and have recurring UTIs, you might want to consider changing to another method of contraception. There are 15 different methods of contraception to choose from.
If you get recurring UTIs and you use condoms, try using condoms that don't have a spermicidal lubricant on them – it will say whether it does on the packet.

Spermicidal lubricant can cause irritation and make it more likely that you'll get a UTI. There are lots of condoms that have non-spermicidal lubricant, so use these instead.
Other useful advice
The following advice may be useful in helping you keep your bladder and urethra free from bacteria:

drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and help clear bacteria from the urinary tract
go to the toilet as soon as you feel the need to urinate, rather than holding it in
wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
practise good hygiene by washing your genitals every day, and before having sex.
empty your bladder after having sex
14 people found this helpful

I suffer from post anal fissures for the past 22 years. There is no pain or any other problem. I am not able to evacuate my bowels completely. Always its incomplete. There is lot of flatulence later in the day. I always feel to go to toilet again and again. Is the incompleteness due to fissures. Is there any complete cure for fissures.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear , yes your troubles are due to anal fissure which is due passage of hard faeces in constipation which again is not a disease but a lifestyle problem-sedentary life. Here are some suggestions to help you. 1. Increase fluid intake 2. Take high residue high fiber diet like salads fruit especially papaya, banana, mango etc. 3 take emollient laxative like creamaffin plus or duphalec 1 tsf at night. 3 take isabgol powder 3-4 tsf in 300 ml of water at night 4 apply zincal cream inside anus twice a day especially before toilet 5 increase physical activity in form of regular walking, playing games or exercises 6 take sitz bath- sitting in tubful of warm water for 15 minutes 7 avoid taking pain killers as far as possible
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is OAB (over active bladder) and can it effect my sexual health like my libido etc.

Ex Sen.V.Surgeon/Research Scientist, M.D.(Alternative Medicine/tibetan/chinese/acupuncture), Vaida/ Unani, Homeopath
Unani Specialist, Moga
Yes , it can affect ur life, bcz it may disturb ur piece of mind too. so better u take medicine for uti, stones etc and get ok with in 2-3 months. packagings available.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi doctors age 47 years I have found 6mm stone in right kideny during last week medical health check-up. Kindly advice what to do? I fear with being operated. Regards

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), M.D in Ayurveda, Ph.D
Ayurveda, Hyderabad
6 mm stone some times will melt with ayurvedic medicine. So if you contact me I can give the bear ayurvedic medicine.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is suffering from kidney stone and urinary infection. Can he take pale diet?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear at this stage what little detail you have given, it does not matter what diet he takes because diet will depend upon chemical structure of the stone you have no chemical analysis of the stone. What is more important is to find why he gets uti. Till then drink plenty of fluids. If you got any investigations done so far please post them along with pictures then I can help better.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I am passing the urine the pure blood is coming out what is the problem may I know sir/medem and along with that back pain is heavy and can you say which table are syrn is best for back pain.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, it is haemoturia, may cause due to masturbation, infection in urinary track, you need thorough investigation, locally. Tk, moderate qty of water. Your diet be easily digestible, on time. Tk homoeo medicine: @can notheris 200-6 pills, dly morng. Avoid, caffein, nicotine, alcohol, junk food, masturbation. Tk, care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed