Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasana Kahtri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prasana KahtriYour feedback matters!
An infection in a woman’s reproductive organ is characterized by pain, discomfort, itching, burning sensations and a foul smell. Even normally, a women’s reproductive organ creates a discharge which is a clear liquid but slightly cloudy. However, when this discharge becomes abnormal and has a foul smell, it could be a tell tale sign for a vaginal infection.
Symptoms of Vaginal Discharge:
Your vaginal discharge is heavier than usual.
The smell seems different and can be quite offensive.
The color of your vaginal discharge may also change.
Your vagina can swell and become sore.
Itching and burning sensations are also felt.
Sex is extremely uncomfortable and painful.
What causes a vaginal infection?
Sometimes vaginal discharges happen due to an allergic reaction or irritation caused by the use of products such as vaginal douches and creams.
Vaginal infections which are not contagious in nature can be caused by detergents, fabric softeners, perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays which may change the natural, chemical and bacterial balance of the organ.
Vaginal infections are also quite commonly caused by sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis, human papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes among others.
How can you prevent vaginal infections?
Keep your genital area dry and clean – Every time you have a bath, clean your vagina with water and don’t use chemical or vaginal washes which can only make things worse. Vaginal infections can also occur due to the disturbance of the ph level (the balance of alkaline and acidic chemicals) in your vagina. Thus use only water to wash and maintain general hygiene.
Avoid wearing underwear made out of nylon and synthetic material – These materials trap heat and moisture in your vagina and can make them smelly and itchy. Cotton underwear is recommended to prevent vaginal infections and also for general health.
Eating yogurt or other pro-biotics can prevent vaginal infection – Any healthy vagina has a balance of many forms of bacteria and fungus. If you have pro-biotics such as plain yoghurts or other specially formulated foods, then it will help maintain the balance and prevent infections from happening.
Use condoms – Always use either a female condom or ask your partner to use a male condom before engaging in intercourse. This will prevent the passing of sexually transmitted diseases which are a leading cause of vaginal infections.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Does just by touching her vagina by penis and inserting a tip of penis for 10-15 sec in her 3 rd day of period can occur pregnancy?
I have continuous white discharge what is the reason for it and what is the remedy and how to avoid it.
As I had my abortion pills bt still i'm feeling un easy. So shall I wait for 2 weeks than do my ultrasound or I shall do within these 2 weeks?
Hello doctor mere left breast mein kafi time se pain hota tha to mein doctor k pass gyi unohne kya normal h phir those Dino base breast mein sweeling hone k Karen aur serial suja hua hone k Karen mein dobara usi doctor k pass gyi to unohne kya ki ultrasound krwa lo .mein ultrasound krwa liya report normal h .mera left side ki breast mujhe badiya lagati h.aur mere left breast mujhe moti dikhai dikhai deti h kya mujhe mammogram ki jarurt h .please help me.
I got my periods on 9 July after that I had intercourse on 17 July we used condoms then on 22 august I take 2 tablets of nortesterione a day but on third day I took the dose of morning and night together and I did not got my periods why.
Now-a-days people are conscious about their health and make efforts to remain fit and eat healthy and balanced diet. We come across many people who take part in running Marathons every year. Running is not easy, as it needs lot of preparations and planning much before the day of the Marathon. One has to invest ample amount of time in balancing diets and workout routines as it needs strength physically and mentally too.
As running a marathon is not everyone’s cup of tea, there are so many things one should consider before participating in it. People who run shall specifically take care of things which can boost their stamina. In order to run for some focused cause, one needs to plan way before and practice accordingly.
There are several things which can create a problem for a person while he is running which may ultimately lead to stress and even might demotivate him from undertaking any physical activity. They can face knee ligament tears, shin sprint, Achilles tendinitis, muscle pull, ankle sprain, blisters or some temperature related issues. Runners should always keep themselves on a healthy diet, eat ample amount of protein and lessen the intake of carbohydrates, wear something they are extremely comfortable in like T-shirt and track pants, also they should be running in track shoes and use a clean napkin.
Here are few tips which tell a lot about how one can prevent injuries while running
- Maintain flexibility – Daily stretching is essential to improve and maintain flexibility, which in turn will help improve performance and prevent injuries.
- Include strength training in your running program – Strength training improves the body strength and overall athleticism and performance. This, in turn, reduces muscular fatigue that leads to poor stamina and injuries. A program of 2-3 strength training sessions per week would be beneficial.
- Eat Balanced Diet and Maintain Body Hydration – One should eat food which is nutritious as well as a balanced meal. A runner should consume 3-4 litres of water in a day, drinking a glass of water every half an hour.
- Gradually increase mileage and plan training schedule – Good aerobic activity is the foundation of your running performance. You can increase the intensity gradually by 5%- 10% every week. Training schedule can be fixed by consulting your fitness expert.
- Examine your routine and structure of the feet – It is important for a runner to take rest. Keep 1-2 days off for your workout sessions as muscles need time to recover. Also, it is equally important to get the foot examined by an orthopedic expert or a physiotherapist, which may help you in improvising the posture. Foot type is based upon the structure of your foot and the degree of Pronation which is the normal inward rolling of your foot in running as your foot strikes the ground and transitions into pushing off. Abnormal pronation can lead to injuries.
Today, every one is aiming towards fitness regime or eating a healthy diet or even living a healthy lifestyle. It is awesome to run, but yes be secured and safe. Happy Running!