Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash SonarikarYour feedback matters!
Sleeping disorders or as some people calls it, insomnia, is the condition where a person loses his night sleep completely or is able to sleep only for few hours or minutes. They feel a sudden restlessness when they go to sleep, or they naturally do not get any good sleep. It is a known fact that sleep is a major necessity for any person since the hormone levels and other form of bodily activities are regulated only if the person gets a good night's sleep. The body needs some form of rest after a long day, that is, the normal breaks that a person takes is not sufficient enough to keep him or her healthy, but a proper sleep for atleast 6 to 8 hours is needed to keep oneself fit.
Forms of sleeping disorders:
Sleeping disorders can be of various types and they are not just only about the person's inability to fall asleep. Some common types of sleeping disorders are,
- Loss of sleep due to excessive snoring
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation
- Sleep walking
These are the very common forms of sleeping disorders that can be seen in a person. All the disorders have one thing in common. They generally make the person feel tired all day long, due to complete or partial loss of sleep. At times, the break in the sleeping pattern can also be brought by jet lag or an uncomfortable travelling schedule.
Sleeping disorders cannot be identified from the day one. The slow build up of symptoms are the only clue to the fact that one is suffering from this condition. Some of the very common symptoms that would help the person to identify the problem are:
- Loss of concentration during the day
- Falling asleep during the day and during work
- Irritable sensation all throughout the day
- Loss of patience during work
- Suddenly waking up in the middle of the night
Solution to the problem:
The homeopathic remedies involve the use of natural herbs and their extracts. All these are recommended by the doctors in prescribed dosages. Some of the commonly used homeopathic remedies are:
- Coffea: This particular herb is considered to be ideal for coping with sleeping disorders. This is more commonly suggested for people, who find it difficult to fall asleep due to over excitation, or else due to sudden mood swings.
- Chamomilla: People suffering from sleeplessness due to pain and irritation prefer this.
- Belladona: This herb is used in cases where the person has trouble falling asleep due to nightmares or headache. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.