Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash SonarikarYour feedback matters!
I am taking obimet sr 500 mg twice a day for pcos along livogen z and fol 5.the doctor has advised me to take susten 300 mg on the 21st to 25th day after my periods. I didn't got my periods its all 7 days happened still no results of periods yet. What to expect? Pregnancy.
Iam a boy and I had a sex with guy an unprotected sex but he said he don't have aids but now I have some rashes and hand pain and cough is this a aids symptoms.
Hi doctor me and my wife married since 5 years. We are trying fir baby for last 2 years but no positive results. We went to one of the doctor she tested everything and all results are fine. Last month we had IUI but still no results. She gave lot of medicines and injections also but no results. She checked follical every month and said everything is fine. Wifes tubes, MY semens all are OK. Please suggest what to do. We are in gurgaon. We don't know where is the problem. Please help us.
I am 24 years male and having skin fungal infection (circular skin rash) from last 3 months, I have taken a treatment from a skin doctor, it got treated & now again itching with red rashes has come on inner thighs, groin area, buttocks. It has develop to red swollen rashes with regular itching. Please tell me what to do ?
I am feeling pain in middle of the chest nd on a particular point when I make movement. How I can cure it?
I do not have tonsils but since last 4 - 5 days its like someone is pinching in my throat. At very particular left side of my neck. What it can be?
I am 47 years old. Day before yesterday I was feeling severe pain in the front part of my head that is both sides between ears and eyes. Checked blood pressure it was 140/100. Since then I am taking Tab. AMLONG 5 mg. Now feeling better. After taking the said tablet first time, after one hour I checked out blood pressure again it was 147/90. Please advice.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
I have Headache everyday and feeling tired everyday . what is the solution help me. Can I take medicines for headache .
What STD can be there with oral sex for insertive partner? Can you pls suggest what STD test should be taken?
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious and potentially fatal disease which primarily affects the lungs. It is highly contagious and can infect other people via the tiny water droplets released by an infected person while coughing or sneezing. Some strains of this disease have the potential to resist drugs, which are commonly used to cure tuberculosis.
Read more to find all about the different causes, symptoms, preventive measures and the treatment of tuberculosis:
- Symptoms: Tuberculosis, also known as TB, can be both latent and active. In latent condition TB is not contagious and it does not harm the infected person. But latent TB can change to an active form so treating it in its latent condition is highly advisable. Active TB can be diagnosed due to the prevalence of certain symptoms such as a cough, which lasts for more than 3 weeks, coughing up of blood, unintentional weight loss, chills, chest pain, loss of appetite and fever. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs, but can also affect your kidneys, brain and spinal cord.
- Causes: Tuberculosis in general is caused by infection. It spreads from person to person by ultra-small droplets, which an infected person releases while coughing or sneezing. Tuberculosis is highly contagious but it is not very easy to catch TB as the immune system of your body fights it off. Also if a patient of TB is under treatment, the person 's disease is no more contagious.
- Risk factors: Potentially everyone can be infected with TB but certain factors increase the chances of infection such as a weakened immune system, living in or travelling to certain areas and substance abuse. TB can also cause complications such as spinal and joint damage, liver or kidney problems and heart disorders.
- Treatment: Administering medical drugs is the most convenient way of treating TB. But TB is more persistent than normal bacterial infections and utmost care and caution must be taken to treat it. Completion of treatment is highly essential to fully cure TB. Some of the side effects of TB medication include loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, dark urine and jaundice.