Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prakasah ShindeYour feedback matters!
During pregnancy, a woman needs to take care of her body and her baby. One of the most important parts of pregnancy is the level of nutrition and diet of the woman. This has a direct bearing on the growth of the baby as well as the progression of the pregnancy. Nutrition is a matter of deciding what kind of food one should eat and the kind of food that one should stay away from, at this point. Weight management and looking after your sugar and blood pressure levels is also a part of this nutrition plan that you will follow during your pregnancy.
In case you are confused about the diet and nutrition plan that you must follow during your pregnancy, then here is a plan that you can use. Do remember to consult your doctor so that it may be customised as per your body and specific conditions.
- Grains: You will need to ingest at least seven to eight pounds of grains in a day. These may include wheat, rice, and other local grains like Ragi, Bajra, Jowar and other such grains. You must create a good balance of these grains. But do remember to find out if you doctor would recommend the use of grains, depending on the state of your health. You may also want to watch out for signs like constipation and loose motions in case your body is not able to tolerate excessive amounts of grains. You can also stick to cereal for breakfast and other grains for lunch and dinner. Try and create a mix of grains with which you can make rotis or flatbread to be had with vegetables.
- Fruit: You will need to have at least two cups of fruit a day. In case you are diabetic or you are suffering from gestational diabetes or even a high level of sugar, you may want to consult your doctor about the amount of fruit that you can have during the day. This is also a good substitute when you are having sugar cravings during your pregnancy. Try and have plenty of fruit and mix up the colours as the fibre will also help in dealing with any constipation that you may be going through.
- Vegetables: It is imperative to have at least three to four cups of vegetables a day when you are pregnant, as this will supply a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins to the growing baby. You may especially want to stick to vegetables like broccoli that have a high iron and folate content which can give a good amount of folic acid. This is usually required for good growth of the foetus. As with fruit, you will need to mix up the colours and have something from each colour group every day. You can combine this with some amount of meat as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mera uterus ka operation ek mahiney pahley hua h face per pimple ho jata h aisa kyu? Aur ek baat sugar patient ko kaun sa soup de saktey h reply please.
My wife is pregnant and completing 3 month but now she is suffering with pain back and inside pain. Also fever some time. Kindly advice me what should you do? I am consulting with local doctor. She has given tablet but not effecting. please guide.
Had my last monthly period beginning on 5 May and had unprotected sex 18 May but he did not ejaculate in me and took emergency pill 3 hours after the incidence. Now I've not had my period till now and am overdue. Took home pregnancy test on 8 June but came back negative, again on 17 June and still came out negative and the 30 June still negative. Could I be pregnant or is it the pill that has caused change in my cycle. But sometimes I feel some pains at my abdomen like my period is coming but nothing comes out and the pains do last for like a day. Please what should I do.
Is ED and PE curable. How i M 35 n suffering from both .m do a lot of work out.But somehow I have fear for sex whether I ll be able to perform. What is the best medicine sildenafil or tadalafil. I have performance phobia. As m patient of IBS I don't drink milk and use ssrl drugs peiscibed by doc. What are it's effects on my sex life and how to counter it's side effects. please suggest me the remedy as it's spoiling my self esteem and I am getting dependent on sildenafil and tadalafil. Will I get addicted to them. please help.
My wife is pregnant nearly at eighth month. The baby only weighs 1.341 kg and have some fetal hypnosis . Please tell what to do next?
I am a lady of 55 years and I have not indulged in sex for the past 35 yrs, I want to know whether not having sex will effect my health in my later life, please let me know. And I have hair fall problem too, so just give me proper advice for it. And as of now I am perfectly fit health wise till date no health issues as of now, but worried about later ages.
Hi doctor. Meri shaadi abhi feb 2016 mein hui hai. Mein aur meri wife baby ke liye ready hai. Hamara intercourse bhi sahi tarah se hota hai. Aur humne har types se sex karke dekh liya. Last mein jab sex over hota hai to sara sperm vagina se bahar a jata hai. Aur meri pregnant bhi nahi hoti. Iske piche kya karan ho sakta hai. please answer hindi mein dijiyega.
I had a c- section delivery on 2 may 2015. My problem is that my tummy remain as it fatty after delivery. please suggest me how to loose tummy. What to eat at this stage ?
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
- Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
- Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
- Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
- Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well rounded brain.
- Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
Roadside accidents are common and they lead to many health problems in which some may require amputation for removal of one of the limbs to save the life of a person.
Amputation is a life-saving procedure by which a part of the body that has suffered irreversible damage is surgically removed. Amputation is only carried out as a last resort when the infection/ decay spread to the other parts of the body.
Why is this procedure needed?
The most common cause of amputation is blockage of blood circulation. Without blood, the tissues do not get oxygen and begin to decay, and an amputation is carried out to stop the damage from spreading to other tissues. As stated above, an amputation is carried out only as a last resort. The surgeon checks the infected part for the following to make sure that an amputation is required:
- Checking for a pulse close to the region where the cut is to be performed
- Comparing skin temperatures with the affected limb
The surgeon tries to bypass arterial blood from the nearest artery to the affected region to rejuvenate the cells. Some reasons of amputation are:
- Severe injury (extreme burns/ vehicular accidents)
- Cancerous tumor in the bone or muscle
- Serious infection, which has stopped responding to antibiotics
- Thickening of nerve tissue called neuroma
Risks and complications of amputation
Risk of complication is lower in planned amputations than in emergency amputations. In the case of a planned amputation, the surgeon will shape individual muscles for future prosthetic limbs, smooth out rough bones and bone fragments and take care of all the loose ends of the procedure. In emergency amputations, however, the limb is amputated very fast and bleeding is stopped as soon as possible. The following complications may arise as a result of amputation procedures:
- Heart complications
- Venous blood clots
- Slow wound healing or infection of the wound
- Stump or "phantom limb" pain
- Psychological problems
My friend had protected sex with her bf but unfortunately his condom got tore, now she is worried. This is her first time it ever happened, what is the the best time for her to take an i-pill, and how many tables does she need to consume to stop unwanted pregnancy? Is taking 1 single I-pill enough? P.S. This is her first time of taking such pill. Please advice.
Here are cause,symptoms and treatments of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Hello, I am Dr.Smita Vats and I am a practicing gynecologist at Gurgaon. My areas of specific interest are laparoscopic surgery and dealing with various gynae disorders like Uterine fibroids, Ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, Infertility and high rest pregnancy. So today we will be dealing with a very important disorder which is commonly found in urban population that is the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). It is a complex disorder which is characterized by the presence of tiny fluid filled cysts in the ovaries which may be present in the one or both the ovaries and is also associated with irregularity of the periods or disturbance in the periods and also the presence of hypergonadism that is the presence of excess of man hormones in the body leading to more of male characters like excess of facial hair , more chest hair, hair on abdomen, thighs, buttocks etc. along with the presence of acne and may be scalp hair loss and this may be associated weight gain also and in the long term later on it may cause also pregnancy complications.
It may cause difficulty in conceiving a pregnancy, it may lead to loss of pregnancies, early abortions and development of diabetes and hyper blood pressure etc., and other complications in the pregnancy, so that it brings to the question that what causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Well the exact cause of PCOS is not really well known. There is a genetic predisposition for it and the genetic inheritance has been proven. But that does not mean that anybody who does not have genetic predispositions cannot have this disease. So it is a primarily a lifestyle disorder wherein even if you have genetic predispositions the disease usually manifests the signs and symptoms usually appear only when your lifestyle become sedentary. So it is primarily a problem seen in the urban population now-a-days because their lifestyle is sedentary and there is minimal physical activity involved. Now-a-days you spend 8-10 hours sitting in the office on the desk.
Apart from that there is hardly any physical activity. So in order to deal with that, obviously then we have to address the lifestyles also which is the most important factor and sometimes in a few patients a part from lifestyle modifications a few medications may be required which may be decided upon depending on if at all there is a hormonal imbalance or if at all there is any other disorder associated with it which needs to be treated medically. So in the lifestyle modification what you can do is you can include at least half an hour or 45min of rigorous physical activity every day in your routine and if not every day then you can include at least 4-5 days in a week. So include at least 45min of may be walking, jogging or dance, swimming, yoga, or whatever kind of exercise you enjoy. Include at least half an hour or 45min of that kind of physical activity in your daily routine.
Apart from that control your diet, avoid junk food that is avoid chips, burgers, fries, pizzas, high calorie diets and primarily refined foods, white breads and rice and all these things which give you a sudden burst of high calories and which may lead to hormonal imbalance also. Focus more on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, curds, rice, and milk products whatever low fat milk products. Eat a healthy well balanced diet. A part from that PCOS patients mostly are obese and even a fight person of weight loss whatever their body weight is may lead to improvement of symptoms and help them deal with the disorder and if at all nothing else works then physical managements is required.
If you need any further information or further guidance regarding treatment of PCOS you can contact me on my clinic or online through Lybrate.