Namaskar, mai Dr Pradnya Apitkar Thane mein practise kr rahi hun as a Ayurvedic Gynaecologist. Pichale bees saalon se practise kr rahi hun. Aaj hum iss video mein thodi baat-cheet karenge, PCOD ke patient mein jo cosmetic problem aate hain uske bare mein. Jaise bahut si ladkiyan aati hain hai fall, jaise baal girna aur pimples ki shikayat leke. Muh ke upar acne yani pimples bahut baat jo pitikayen rehti hain choti-choti wo bahut si aa jati hain. Toh bahut baar ye cosmetic problem karke uske baare mein, chikitsa ya fir treatment kaise kiya jata hai uske bare mein pucha jata hai. Lekin agar hum detail history lete hai toh bahut si ladkiyon ke periods irregular rehte hain ya fir bahut si ladkiyon ke periods regular hone ke bawajood agar menstrual flow jo rehta hai, bleeding agar kam ho, scanty menses ho, ya kabhi-kabhi jayada bhi ho jaise menorrhagia jaisi conditions rehti hai jisme period ke dwara jayada rakt sarah hota hai. Toh ye jo shikayatey hain, wo directly relate kerti hain cosmetic problems mein. Jaise ki PCOD mein ovulation yani ki anda job anta hai woh bahut deri se banta hai, ya kabhi-kabhi banta bhi nahi hai. Toh uski wajah se strivishisht hormones jo hain wok am hote hain aur jo purush vishisht hormones hain jisme testosterone jaise hormones rehte hain, wo shareer mein uski matra bad jati hai aur uski wajah se facial hairs jisse hirsutism bolte hain, jaise daadi ya much jaise baal aane lagte hain aur jo sar ke baal hote hain jo ki zaruri hai usme wo hair fall ke jaise symptoms dikhayee dete hain. Usme jaise hum bolte hain ki testosterone induced aur dependent alopecia, usme baal gir jate hain. Aur uske alwa muh ke upar, gaalo ke upar baal aana, ya fir phunsia jaise acne jise bolte hain, pimples jise bolte hain wo aana shuru ho jate hai. Usme kai baar pus formation hota hai, kai baar dard jayada hota hai aur uski uttpatti jayada der hone ke bawajood usme scars taiyar ho jate hain, jaise chehre ke upar daag taiyar ho jate hain. Toh iske upar ayurved mein bahut achche se ilaj hai, isme jaise face pack bhi hai, head massage bhi hai aur uske alawa jo underline jo uska root cause hai, jaise hormonal imbalance hai, testosterone ki matra badu hui hai usko balance karne ke liye hum pait mein kuch dawaiyan dete hain. Panchkarma ka bhi isme istemal kiya jata hai, jaise ki virechana ho, vasti treatment ho ye sab cheeze hamare yahan ki jati hai ki jisme hum iske upar puri taranh se milke root cause ke tahat hum ja sakte hain.
Aur iske alawa more information, jayada information chahiye, treatment chahiye you can contact me through Lybrate .com. Thank You.read more
I am Dr. Pradnya Aptikar. Practicing as an ayurveda gynecologist in dhany for last many years.
Abhi aj hum is karekaram main bat krn gy lifestyle disorders k bary main. Jaiys k ap ko sb ko pta hai k abi agly 20 saal main zyada beemariyan barh rai hain. Jis main hain diabetes or thyroid or PCOD. Ye teeno chezain hamein bar bar dekhai deti hn. Or jo patients aty hain un main bhi yahi chezain dekhai deti hain. To is ka karan kya hai? To agr hum dekhain to these are lifestyle disorders. Hamary jo khany peeny ka, rehn sehan ka timing badal gya hai. Stress bhi zyada barh gya hai to us ki waja sy ye sb teeno bemariyan ek sath dekhai deti hain ya phr alag alag dekhai deti hain. Jaisy k agr udharan k tor py hm dekhain to 14 15 saal ki larkiyon ko bhi abhi ye sb dekhai deny laga hai k hypothyroidism, jis main thyroid ka jo secretion hai wok am hoty jata hai or phr wazan barhna, or periods irregular hona, balon ka girna or facial hairs barhna . ye sb dekhai deta hai. To in k sath sath kbi kbi hamein agr hum dekhain to insulin resistance bhi dekhai deta hai. Which is a pre-diabetic condition. In main kya hota hai k blood main, khoon main, insolin ki matra barh jati hai. Or us ki waja sy blood sugar ki matra jo hai wok am ho jati hai. Bar bar bhukh lgti hai. Is lye wo larkiya ya aurat jo bhi hai wo bar bar khana mangti hai. Khati rehti hai. Is ki waja sy wazan barht hai. Or itna khana khany k ba wajud, wazan hony k ba wajud bhi us ko bht thakan mehsus hoti hai. She cannot work in the evening also. To ye jo bat hai this is typically insulin resistance PCOD main dekhai deti hai. To wazan barhna, thakan mehsus hona, periods irregular hona, pasina bht ana ya phr nahi ana. Garden k nechy kali dararein parna, aisi sb chezain jo hain is ko bolty hn insulin resistance. To ye jo condion hai wo per-diabetic hoti hai. Agr is main hum sahe mainy sy treatment na dain yaw o agr hamary pas nahi aty hain to hm khud ka lifestyle modify kr k sudharty nahi hain. To ye jo hai wo pre-diabetes sy diabetes main badal jata hai. Jitna jaldi ho agr hum is main kam krn to hum is main reversible condition main a skty hain. To is main Ayurveda kya krta hai. To is main ayurved bht achy tareky sy kam krta hai. Is main hum panchakarma krty hain. Jis main k vaman verchan jaisy k jaisy detoxification process ho ya phr basti ho or diet or exercise k bary main bhi hum jankari dety hain. Or patient ko follow krny k lye bolty hain. Or ayurvedek ki bht sari jo dawaiyan hain. Jis ka hum is main istemal krty hain. To thyroid ho ya diabetes ho, pre diabetic condition ya phr periods irregular hn. PCOD ho jis main polisisting ovary diseases jaisy badain hon jis main period irregular ho k kbhi kbhi scanty menses jaisy k jism jis main khoon ek dam kam ya phir menorrhoea jis main khoon bht jata ho k 2 3 mahiny period nahi aty or us k bd 2 3 mahiny tk period ata hai or rukta e nai h. is main allopathy ki kitni bhi dawaiyan lain kam nahi krti hain. Is main hamara ayurved achy tareky sy kam karta hai. Or idher any k bad bhi aisa nai hai k hum 2 3 din dawai lein or hamein ek dam sy result mil jaye. Because it is scientific science. Science k mpor py hm jo kam krty hain to scientific jo rule hain us k mutabik hum dawaiyan istemal krty hain or kam sy kam aisy pateints maun ek saal tk treatment lena zaruri hota hai. Jis main punchkarma ho. Diet ho. Exercise ho. Or yoga behz bhi ho. Or is k sath sath kch dawaiyan bhi hon.
Or is k ilawa age apko kch zyada jan kari chahye to, for more information you can contact me through Lybrate.com. Thank you.read more
Hello, everybody. I am DR Pradnya Aptikar. I am practising gynaecology in Thane from last 17 years. I am treating females having Gynaecological and obstetrical problems. Aaj is video me hum baat karenge Vaginal infections ke baare me jo ki bohot common hai females me. 14 years ki ladkiyo se lekar 70 years ki ladies me bhi hume dikhai deta hai.
Iske bohot types hai, jese ki;
Ek hota hai safed paani jesa jiska appearance thick, white hota hai, kisika yellow hota hai, kisika brownish, kisika greenish ya fir kisika paani jesa bhi hota hai. Iski wajah se bohot sare symptoms hote hai, jese ki lower abdomen me pain hona, lower back pain, vaginal itching. In symptoms ki wajah se females ki day to day life bohot he difficult hojati hai. Bohot problems hoti hai
Baar-baar in infections ke hone ki wajah se kuch females me infertility dikhai deti hai. So, this is a very common factor.
Iske liye hum jaankaari lete hai ki ise ayurveda se kese treat kiya jaae? Aur ye kyu hota hai?
Reproductive age groups me vaginal infections normally nahi hona chaie. Vagina ka jo pH rehta hai, that is acidic pH. So, normally we have all the resisting power against all the infections. But koi cheezein aisi hoti hai, jese ki unhygienic conditions, ya fir menstrual period me proper hygiene nahi rakhne se, ya fir during delivery period, ya fir delivery ke baad ke 3-4 months ke time duration me proper hygiene na ho, ya fir apki immunity power kam ho. Aisi cases me infections ho sakte hai, ya fir apko frequent urinary track infections ho sakte hai. Iske lie Ayurvedic treatment, jise hum kehte hai Yonidhavan.
Iske liye hum herbal medicines are decoction karte hai, uska kadah bana ke hum baginal track wash kardete hai. Ye sitting me kiya jata hai, iske liye 7-15 sittings lagte hai. Aur kabhi kabhi cervix, uterus ka mhu pe swelling hoti hai, jese chronic erosion rehti hai, jiski wajah se white discharge ki complaint bar bar rehti hai.
Iske liye hum Pap smear test karte hai jisse ki hume inflammation, infection, cancer etc rule out kiye ja sakte hai. Ise test karne ke baad he hum vaginal treatment dete hai. Isme 7-15 sittings hote hai. Ise hum Ayurvedic herbs ke zariye theek karte hai jisse ki ye poora theek hojata hai. Humare treatment se yeh infection bar-bar nahi hota hai aur apki immunity badhane ke liye hum apko oral herbal medicines bhi dete hai.
Iske ilawa apko koi jankaari chaie ho to aap mujhe lybrate.com ke through contact kar sakte hai.
Hello, everybody. I am Dr Pradnya Aptikar, practising as an Ayurvedic Gynaecologist in Thane from last 17 years. I am an Infertility specialist. Is video me hum baat karenge Common cause of Infertility ke baare me which is Tubal block.
Isme fallopian tube block hone ki wajah se natural conception nahi ho pata hai, to patient ko Infertility ki problem face karni padti hai. To hum thoda samah lete hai ki ye Tubal block kya hai aur Ayurved isme kya kar sakta hai?
To jese ki aap yahan pe dekh rahe hai ki ye uterus hai, or ye fallopian tubes hai and ovaries. Periods ke 14th-16th day pe alternate ovaries se ek ek egg nikalta hai. Aur vagina se sperms ooper chale aate hai. Aur sperms agar acche hai to ye chale aate hai fallopian tube me aur ye egg ko fodd dete hai, jise hum kehte hai Fertilization. To ye fertilization tube main hota hai. To agar in tubes me swelling ho, ya tuebs blocked ho, paani udhar jama hua ho, to yeh tubes kaam nahi karti hai aur idhar fertilization ki process ho nahi paati hai. Iski wajah se fir Infertility ka saamna patient ko kara padta hai.
To abhi hum ye jante hai ki ye causes bohot tarah se hote hai. Lekin jo commonest cause hota hai, wo bohot baar pet ka TB hone ki wajah se hume tubal blocks dikhai dete hai. TB hone ke ilawa bhi jo other factors hai, jese ki infection, koi swelling, to isme Endriometrosis bhi rehta hai, jiski wajah se chipka chipki hojati hai, adagens hojate hai aur tubal blocks hojate hai. To ye tubal blocks ki wajah se conception nahi ho pata hai.
Ayurved iske baare me kya kehta hai?
Ayurveda me hum 2-3 tarah ki chikitsa karte hai. Mere clinic me ek jo chikitsa rehti hai tubal block door karne k lie, hum Uttara Basti naam ki ek chikitsa karte hai. Jese ki vagina ke raste hum kuch dawaiya ander daal dete hai, jese ki Uterine cavity ke ander hum daal dete hai. Ye process hum safety process ke under karte hai. Ye dawai ander tubes me chali aati hai aur hum tubes ko clean kar dete hai. Ye jo chikitsa rehti hai, wo hum periods khatam hone ke 10 din ke ander karte hai 3-5 din tak. Case to case ye differ karta hai ki 3 din ho ya 5 din ho. Hum jo ander dawai daalte hai use Uttara basti kehte hai. Isse tubal blocks door hote hai, aur agar tube me koi soojan ho ya fir koi adagens ho to wo kam hojate hai.
Lekin agar TB zada faila hua hai, agar grade 4 ka TB hai, to tube khulne ke baad bhi hume chances nahi milte hai. Iske baad test tube baby ka he hume istemaal karna padta hai. Lekin Uttara basti ka upyog hoga ya nahi hoga, ye hum case dekhne ke baad he bata sakte hai.
Uttara basti ka ek faeda bhi hota hai ki jo uterine cavity ki endiometry lining ko badhane ke liye hum kar sakte hai. Agar kisika tubal blockage khul nahi raha ho ya hume test tube baby ke liye jana pad raha ho, to test tube baby ke liye endometrial line accha hona chaie aur uski quality bhi acchi honi chaie. Iske liye hum Uttara basti ka upyog kar sakte hai. aur iske liye hum pet se bhi kuch dawaiya dete hai.
For more information, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Thank you.read more
Namaskar, main Dr Pradnya Aptikar hoon. Thane mein main 16-17 years se practice kar rahi hoon as an ayurvedic gynaecologist. Ayurvedic gynaecology may be a new concept for you all. So ayurvedic gynaecology kis tarike se kaam karta hain? Jo classical Ayurved ki jaankari rakhte hain, aur modern science ki bhi jaankari hain, under one roof, I am working as an ayurvedic gynaecologist. Jis disease main Ayurved acchi tarike se kaam karta hain, usme ayurvedic medicines ki tarike se hum kaam karte hain. Aur jis diseases mein humein modern technology ki zarurat padhti hain diagnosis ke liye, jaise ki infertility ki baat hum lete hain, jisme hume X-ray, yap hire laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or surgery ki zarurat padti hai. In sab cheezon ko dhyan humein rakhte huye hume kaam karna padhta hain. Toh ayurvedic gynaecology hone ke bawajood, main baaki medicines or ayurvedic medicines ki bhi jaankari rakhti hoon. Jaise ki diabetes hai, thyroid disorders hai, endocrinological disorders hai, us me hum kaam karte hain. Aur yeh sab kaam ayurvedic medicines ke zariye kiya jaata hain. Ayurved jo hain, who alag tarike se kaam karta hain.
Aj hum infertility ke baare mein pehle baat karenge. Jaise ki by definition infertility ka matlab hain ki patient, ya couple agar ek saal se conceive nahi kar paa raha hain, phir toh hum unhein infertile bolte hain. Jaise ki the couple is trying for a baby for one year with unprotected sex, still they are not getting success, then the couple is defined as an infertile couple. Toh uske liye hum kaam karte hain. Toh agar apko dekha jay, toh isko hum anatomy apko mein batati hoon.
Isme yeh aap dekhte sakte hain ki yeh body of the uterus hain, yeh ovaries hain, and fallopian tubes hain. Toh isme agar PCOD jaise conditions hain, jaise ki ovaries mein agar anda taiyar nahin ho raha hain, har mahine mein period aate hain, to periods start hone k 14th or 16th day ek ek anda right ya left ovaries se nikalta hain. Lekin agar ye nahi nikalta hain, ya phir immature nikalta hain, ya phir ovarian cyst taiyar ho jata hain, wo anda puri tarike se bahar nahi nikalta. Toh, yeh anda poori tarike se nikalne ke baad, yeh naliye usme kaam karte hain. Naliya usko jaise kheech leti hain. Then agar sperms acchi quality ke hain, toh ye upar swim karke aate hain, and yeh. Accha sperm is helpful in fertilizing the ovum, and the embryo is formed in the fallopian tube, and that get implanted in the uterine cavity.
Aisi tarike se fertilization hoke, implantation hoke, pregnancy hoti hain. Lekin ye kisi bhi factor mein agar problem hai, toh infertility hoti hain. Jaise ki maine kaha ki ovarian cyst hain, PCOS hain, endometriosis hain, ya phir tubal blockage hain, toh phir humein success nahin milta hain, or humein infertility ka samna karna padhta hain. Toh is tarike mein, is mamle mein, ayurved kaise help karta hain?
Toh is mamle mein humein purification process rehti hain panchakarma se. Anda normal ya mature anda taiyyar hone mein hum kaam karte hain. Aur male partners mein agar sperm ki quality achchi nahi hain toh usme bhi hum panchakarma processes kar ke, hum sperm ki quality acChi tarike se badhate hain. Aur jis jis mein tubal blockages hain ya phir endometriosis hain, use bhi hum gynaceological panchakarma rehte hain. Jaise jise hum _____ bolte hain, aur uterus ki peeling process karke hum us mein kaam karte hain. Is me tubal blockages bhi nikal aatein hain, aur implantation ki chances badh jaate hain. Endometrium ki quality hum badhatein hain. IUI aur IVF jaise jo artificial reproductive techniques hain, isme bhi yeh karne se pehle agar hum panchakarma aur ye agar process karte hain, toh humein achchi tarike se results milte hain.
And further information ke liye, you can contact me via Lybrate.com. Thank you.read more
Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradnya Aptikar
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Pradnya AptikarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I was amazed that otherdoctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Pradnya Aptikar did it immediately and started the depression treatment for it. I am so much benefitted with hertreatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from depression like this. Someone from the office, referred us that Pradnya Aptikar. With great ease Pradnya Aptikar explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. The staff was very attentive to my needs. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The waiting area in the Arya Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. Over the period of time the diabetes treatment has helped me a lot. Finally with hertreatment, I have been doing better. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of diabetes earlier. As someone I knew, consulted therPradnya Aptikar and they referred us. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. The overall cleanliness in the Arya Clinic was amazing.
Even though Pradnya Aptikar is not from our city, hse is still very famous, so we consulted her. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my ear pain. The nurses at the Arya Clinic were really helpful. I never get sick, but then last month i started developing these symptoms. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results.
Even though the problem of my cysts was not so big, but still the otherdoctors were not able to treat it. Then I consulted drPradnya Aptikar. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the issue is something else. the doctor is very talented and fine. I am too much benefited with the treatment. the doctor can be consulted at Arya Clinic in Thane.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of thyroid. Thanks to Dr Pradnya for the thyroid treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. My previous experiences were not so good, but she has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. I owe him a big thank for treating me so patiently.
I came to dr Pradnya Aptikar in a wreck situation of anxiety and he like a magician cleared it all.How much can I say for it won't be enough. I'm gonna suggest everyone about him.A true magician who can get you better immediately. Thank you. He can be consulted at Arya Clinic in Faridabad.
My boss referred me Dr Pradnya as I was suffering from acute stomach ache from quite long. She has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from stomach pain like this. But after the treatment, i am completely fine.
dr Pradnya Aptikar is an excellent doctor , with a human touch and professional approach to the health issue with thoughtful treatment palms. she gave me a treatment for avoid pregnancy issue at her clinic Arya Clinic in Mumbai. her treatments are the best.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pradnya Aptikar to be very helpful. Thanks doctor but everything normal to her her age 23 and weight 85 kg height 155cm
dr Pradnya aptikar is very professional and is a really patient listener.I am almost my normal self post the anus infection treatment and from her.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pradnya Aptikar to be very helpful. Thank you so much for your reply Mam.
Dr. Pradnya Aptikar provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful thanks
According to statistics, one in six couples struggles to conceive and in more than 40% of these cases the causes are unknown. In case a couple is having a difficult time conceiving, there are few simple lifestyle changes which can help a person to get rid of this problem.
Fatty liver or steatosis refers to the condition in which excess fat gets accumulated in the liver causing the liver to dysfunction. Some percentage of fat in the liver is normal but if it gets beyond the figure of 5 to 10 percent, then it is surely a cause of concern. Such a condition warrants treatment and if fatty liver is not treated on time, it can lead to liver cirrhosis or cancer. Therefore, the signs and symptoms of fatty liver should be taken seriously.
Some of the common symptoms of fatty liver include pain in the abdomen, loss of weight, swelling in the foot, jaundice, and inflammation of the liver. Anyone who suffers from these symptoms is likely to suffer from fatty liver. But the good news is that it can be treated. There are medicines in Ayurveda, homeopathy, and allopathy for fatty liver and if one talks about Ayurveda, it treats fatty liver with a holistic approach.
1. Fatty liver and Pitta Imbalance: Ayurveda works on the principles of managing vata, pitta, and kapha – the three physical energies present in the human body. It believes that when there is any imbalance in these energies, dosha (disease) affects the body. According to Ayurveda, pitta is related to the metabolic system of the human body, which governs ingestion, digestion, and excretion. The liver, being a part of the metabolic system, is further related to pitta and this is why, when the pitta gets aggravated, the liver becomes diseased and starts to dysfunction. Ayurveda says that pitta imbalance is responsible for fatty liver. In fact, the liver is known as pitta in Ayurveda. It says that when toxins begin to build up in the liver, the liver has to work extra and this causes inflammation, ultimately leading to liver problems. So, Ayurveda tries to correct this imbalance through herbal medicines and detoxification treatment procedures.
2. Ayurveda dos and don’ts: Ayurveda is a holistic science and therefore, it does not focus on suppressing the symptoms, similar to what allopathy does. It is also free from side effects and gives a permanent relief. But the patient undergoing Ayurvedic treatment has to be mindful of their lifestyle and eating habits. In case of fatty liver, Ayurveda prohibits alcohol, smoking, and spicy and oily food. So, the patient should avoid these foods. These food items should not be taken by the patient during the treatment duration. Otherwise, the effect of the medicines will get nullified. Anyone who goes for Ayurvedic treatment should remember that diet and lifestyle is a part of the treatment process and both go hand in hand.
Only in mild fatty liver please take simple triphla, avoid fatty food in your diet and exercise regularly. For grade 2 and grade 3 fatty liver, please take proper treatment under the guidance of expert Ayurvedic doctor.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder which is characterized by high blood sugar levels in the body. This occurs when the glucose in the body is not converted into energy due to the impaired functioning of insulin in the body. Insulin is a hormone in the body produced by the pancreas which processes sugar in the body. Impaired functioning of the insulin leads to a rise in blood sugar levels, thus leading to diabetes.
The symptoms of diabetes differ from person to person, depending on how high one’s blood sugar levels are. Diabetes exhibits various symptoms such as frequent urges to urinate, extreme hunger, rapid weight loss and irritability. Fatigue, blurred-vision and increased thirst are some other common symptoms as well. Diabetes also slows down the healing process of any sore or injury in the body.
The cause of diabetes is linked to improper functioning of insulin. There are four types of diabetes and each comes with its own set of causes:
Type 1 Diabetes-
In Type 1 diabetes, the immune system of the body starts to attack the healthy pancreatic cells which produce insulin. This reduces the insulin production in the body, causing a rise in the blood sugar levels.
Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-diabetes-
The causes for Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes are very similar. In both the cases, the body starts becoming resistant to insulin, and the normal production of insulin cannot make up for this. This leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood, leading to diabetes.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body produces hormones which play a major role in sustaining the pregnancy to a full term. However, these hormones tend to affect the functioning of insulin, leading to a rise in blood sugar.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Balancing Blood Sugar Level-
Ayurvedic treatments to regulate blood sugar aim to get your blood sugar levels under control and improve your overall health. As they are made from natural ingredients, these remedies do not have any side-effects unlike conventional treatments. The Ayurvedic remedies are:
Diet: Maintaining a healthy diet is very important to get blood sugar under control. Avoid eating simple sugars as they spike blood sugar levels; instead of opting for fiber and complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and vegetables.
Exercise: Regular exercise helps in keeping blood sugar in check, as it burns calories. You can opt for cardiovascular or weight training to burn calories and keep your metabolic rate elevated. A high metabolic rate means good amount of calories burned by the body at rest.
- Herbs: There are certain herbs that you can consume (in different forms) to control diabetes. Herbs such as ‘combination of amla and turmeric' everyday, if incorporated in the daily diet in prescribed dosages, can be beneficial in getting your blood sugar in check. Turmeric is another herb which has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat this condition by reducing body resistance to insulin and increasing insulin production by the pancreas.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental Stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
A surprising large number of people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition characterized by a combination of stomach pain, abdominal discomfort and abnormal bowel movement such as diarrhea or constipation. This condition is not life threatening, but can make you very uncomfortable and increase your risk of suffering from other colon problems. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating irritable bowel syndrome. Here are a few tips.
A healthy diet
Diet is one of the most important facets of Ayurveda. To prevent bowel difficulties eat plenty of fiber and easy to digest foods. Cumin seeds, pomegranate and buttermilk can also aid digestion and prevent this condition. Drinking warm water can also aid digestion. On the other hand, curd, junk food, acidic beverages and food that causes bloating and excessive gas production such as potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower should be reduced or removed from your daily diet.
Yoga works on the physical and psychological levels of a person. It also massages and strengthens a number of different organs. Stress is one of the biggest causes of irritable bowel syndrome. Yoga can help combat stress and alleviates anxiety and aids relaxation. A few basic yoga asanas that can help ease pain and treat this condition are:
- Downward facing dog
This is an Ayurvedic cleansing process that enhances the metabolic process and eliminates toxins from the body. Panchakarma literally means 5 techniques or forms of treatment. This includes vamana, virechana, basti, nasya and raktamokshana. These processes make the mind and body more receptive to food and medicines that treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Probiotics: Probiotics supplement your natural gut bacteria and help break down complex foods. It can also help alleviate bloating, abdominal pain and regularize bowel movements. Probiotics can be found in oatmeal, whole grains and a number of fruits and vegetables like asparagus, onions and bananas.
- Herbs: Ayurveda also utilizes the properties of herbs to treat health conditions. Half a spoon of turmeric taken twice a day can help reduce intestinal inflammation and reduce bloating and abdominal pain. Drinking a concoction made by steeping spoonful of dried mint leaves or coriander seeds in hot water for ten minutes can also help deal with this condition. Equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, pepper and pippali can help regulate digestion.
Ayurveda is an age old system of medicine that is holistic in nature. Treatment in Ayurveda focuses on getting rid of the cause of the disease. The medicines in Ayurveda are natural and thus, do not have any side effects. There are various remedies in Ayurveda to balance your blood sugar level. Blood sugar occurs either due to decreased insulin sensitivity or inefficient absorption of glucose by the cells in the body.
The various remedies to balance blood sugar in Ayurveda are
Exercise: Exercise is a must if you want your blood sugar under control. Include cardiovascular exercises like running and swimming that helps in burning calories and regulate blood sugar. It also helps you lose fat and reduce weight. Exercises also uses the sugar in your blood thus, causing a drop in the blood sugar levels.
Avoid stress: If you are feeling stressed lately then you may employ relaxation techniques such as meditation. You can start off with simple meditation techniques such as focusing on your breath. Count to 4 while you inhale and then hold your breath for seven seconds, then exhale while you count to 8. Repeat this procedure for 10-15 minutes on a daily basis.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker.
The thought of waking up fresh in the morning after a good night’s sleep itself is refreshing. However, many are deprived of this simple pleasure of life, one of the main cause behind it is snoring. Whether you are snoring or have a person next to you snoring, the result is a disturbed sleep, which leaves you feeling tired and not-very-rested.
Snoring is caused by multiple reasons including stress, obesity, smoking, sinus problems, circulatory problems, poor diet, large tongue or tonsils and with age. This leaves the person sleep deprived, including a feeling of drowsiness, sore throat, increased risk of heart disease, reduced libido and decreased concentration.
While there are surgical corrections that can get rid of snoring, yoga has some simple, effective pranayamas and asanas that have been proven to be effective since times immemorial. They improve lung capacity, help in weight management, keep the air passages open and also help in stress management.
Try the following asanas and pranayamas to see snoring disappear.
- Pranayama: This improves the strength of the facial and throat muscles. Bhramari or Humming Pranayama and Ujjayi pranayama are specifically useful in snoring patients. In Bhramari Pranayama, the lips are closed and the soft palate vibrations are entirely due to nasal airflow. Practised mouth snoring over a period of time where the soft palate is lifted towards the pharynx produces a buzzing bee sound. Both breathing in and out happens through the nostrils producing this sound, although slightly different during inhalation and exhalation. Ujjayi Pranayama is where a hissing breathing sound is produced due to the nasal snoring instead of the mouth snoring in the Bhramari exercise.
- Breathing and Chanting the Om Mantra: Sit on the floor in a relaxed position with eyes closed and take few deep breaths. Begin to chant the word OM repeatedly for a few minutes. Break the word into two parts, the first part of OOOO should come from deep within followed by the lighter MMMM. This helps meditate, relax, and reduce snoring. Try to do this breathing and chanting at least ten to twelve times, and more if possible, on a daily basis.
- Another effective measure is the Simha Garjasana or Roaring Lion Pose where you kneel down on the mat, lean back so that the hips are resting on the heels. The palms are faced in the space between the knees with fingers spread apart. Tilt your head back while taking deep breaths. This improves the airway and reduces the snoring.
Kapalbhati, Bhujangasana Dhanurasana, Warrior Pose and Surya Namaskar are also other effective asanas. When done regularly over a period of time, it helps in getting rid of snoring. This in turn, makes you feel fresh in the morning; ready to take on the day.
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, lifestyle-related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one-third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair-related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.