Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi TamhaneYour feedback matters!
I am having cysts in my ovary. My medicines r continuing..but still this pain is not going what shall I do??
I abort today by taking tablets from my family Dr. What precautions should I taken during heavy bleeding.
I had sex with my girlfriend on first day of periods with condoms. Can it leads to pregnancy and regular using of condoms can it lead any problem in future like not having pregnancy to girlfriend and any problem to me.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th Feb it was not sex but I touched my penis with her vagina without using condom Her periods are delayed by 5 days (now 24 March) in between we had sex on (18th March) but she took I-pill within 6 hours. Is she pregnant?
Hello doc, at time of menstrual periods. Is it ok if we love each other nd hug each other? please suggest me.
AGE :30 (Female) have done FET embryo xfer (IVF) recently 15 days on 15th july .taking tablet progynova (2-2 mg tricetotal 6 tablets) estrogen. Alivher 25 mg .crinone gel two times .folic acid folvite. Susten injection on every 4th day. Done beta hcg 3 days before ,it was 674 and yesterday it reached to 1600. I think .pregnancy confirmed ? As per conversation with my gynic increased progynova 1 more dose yesterday (means overall 7 tablets of 2 mg per day now 2-2-3) today morning light spotted while cleaning discharge of alivher. Please guide whether this light brown discharge is problematic or what? My doctor today advised me to stop alivher completely. Shud I stop it gradually or immediately? Taking 7 dosage (2 mg) of progynova is OK? Medical history:--Low AMH 0.75,Endo Thickness was 9 mm during transfer. Consuming progynova after egg retrieval. Its suppressive (FET) cycle. Embryo quality was grade 1-2 (8 cells) overall 3 embryo xfered.
I am 19 years old I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and I am sure that I had not cum in vagina there is chances of pregnancy.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 23years old. Last year she became pregnant for the first time. But we had not family planning. So we did abortion. Now she has problem in monthly condition for almost 5/6months. Bleeds less than normal. What should we do?
I feel some pain when i press my brest and when i sleep in turn way that is breast gets pushed to the pain i fell some pain nd i feel the upper part of the breast a bit hard on both the sides ,under the breast its soft again i am worried this please suggest me some thing
I am a 25 year old female looking for safe contraceptive method. I used to take the pill before but I had to stop due to some circumstances. I would like to be on any form of birth control contraceptives. Please advice me on which form of contraceptive to opt for. Thank you.
I am 28 yes old having 9 months baby. Last night during inter course Dere is failure of contraceptive now what can I do I am living in uae no ecp available here.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.