Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. PrachiYour feedback matters!
I am having depression from past 3 years , I am taking medicines regularly. I have become very lazy and I do not feel like getting up in the morning at all. I am unable to get sleep in the night. From past 2 weeks I have started going to work. Please let me know how to rid of my laziness? Please help me.
I, m 21 years old sex-male, hight-5.5ft wate-48kg. I, m very thin. I want to fat body. How to it possybal?
While fruits and vegetables may not always feel appetising, most people can’t keep away from sweets and desserts. Unfortunately, by doing this, we are harming ourselves. Processed sugars that go into making these desserts and sweets have a high calorific value and negligible amount of nutrients. For this reason, sugar is also known to have empty calories.
Here are a few more reasons you should stay away from sweets and start eating a healthier diet.
- It deposits fat cells in your liver: Processed sugar has a very high level of fructose in it. Unlike glucose, fructose, is not needed by the body. When we eat fructose, the body converts it into fat and deposits it in the liver. Over tie, these fat deposits can build up and trigger liver diseases.
- It makes the body resistant to insulin: Insulin is a hormone essential for the conversion of glucose into energy. However, eating excessive amounts of processed sugar can make the body resistant to insulin. This makes the pancreas produce excessive insulin, which further leads to elevated blood sugar levels. This can also trigger conditions like type II diabetes.
- It reduces immunity: Sugar causes inflammation, which reduces the efficacy of the immune system. It also raises blood pressure and keeps white blood cells from doing their job thus putting you at a higher risk of falling sick. By reducing your good cholesterol level, sugar also increases your risk of suffering from cardio vascular conditions such as heart attacks and strokes. Sugar has even been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sugar affects your sleep: Eating large amounts of sugar can cause stress and anxiety. It also keeps your body from relaxing and tenses the muscles. Thus, eating a sugary sack before going to bed can keep you tossing and turning and not allow you to have a good night’s sleep.
- Sugar causes weight gain: Weight loss is one of the most visible effects of cutting down sugar. By making your body resistant to insulin energy gets stored as fat instead of being used up. Sugar also makes the body resistant to leptin which is responsible for telling the brain when we’ve had enough to eat. This makes us eat more and more even though the stomach is full.
Additionally, sugar triggers the release of dopamine and is addictive. When combined these factors make a person consume more than is needed and causes conditions, such as obesity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Dear sir this is for my son. He is approx 6 months old and he was suffering from dehydration from last one week. We Consulted a child specialist and he suggested to inject water into his body via veins also he gave injection name traxol 250 mg can this injection b given on his buttocks since the Injecting the doctor had fitted on his hand have to be taken out because the blood had clotted in the needle which was fitted in his veins we have given one dose on his back. Is that okk?
I have vitamin D deficiency and it's very very low. And doctor has advised me some injection and sunlight exposure. My question is it good or bad to get sunlight during afternoon and if bad then what time will be the best? Thanks.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.
Hello. I am 26 years old and I am very healthy i' ve joined gym from past 3 months but have not seen much of a difference in my weight I am following normal diet and have stopped munching out. Kindly suggest how can I lose weight.
Hi doctor! Can you please suggest me weight loosing medicine because my weight is increasing 3kg every 2 months after I was diagnosed with pcod. I exercise regularly and don't have any junk or oily food but still my weight is not decreasing. Please help me!
I consistently get sweating, I drink a lot of water, but I always feel like having dry mouth. Is this sign of dehydration, if yes, how to recover from it and what shall I drink/eat to keep myself hydrated.
Hi. I am 30 yrs old. I am now 75 kg weight. My height is 4' 9. Please give tips to reduce my weight.
I am 21 year old. And sir I want to grow my body without any infection? So please provide the best option.
Is drinking adequate amount of water is helpful in reducing fat? And what type of water to Drink warm of normal filtered?
I'm 19 years old and my height is 5'7' and my weight is 80 I really don't look that fat but I'm really worried about my weight please tell me.
Sir, I am not looking fat. But my leg has more and heavy mammals and my weight is also going high, more than 75 kg. How can I reduce mammals of leg and make a sexy leg and how can I lose my weight?
My mother is suffering from diabetes. She takes medicines like dbose and another one. She has gone through many blood tests. But every time her sugar level increases. It is not controlled. She is a teacher. please tell me what to do for prevention and cure. Or exercise.
If gallstones are detected incidentally, always go for surgery. As in diabetic patients, gallstones are not symptomatic. But it can cause complication in future. As stone can slip forward into common bile duct or it can cause pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas).