Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja BininiYour feedback matters!
After taking chanderparbha vati I feel very high pain in urethra (burning sensation). I stand in toilet for 1h and drink 2 liter of water. I am also taking FLOMAX and LEVOFLOX. In urine test I found some heat (infection). Why I feel that pain? And also I have no morning erection. What is my problem?
My egfr is15. 4 creatine3. 86 bun 110. Dr. saying bun over 130 require dialysis. Any other way to avoid dialysis and lead healthy life. 1st dialysis done 15 days ago when creatinine was 5.02. What should i do now?
Sir I am 34 year old. When go to urine borning pain and after urine like oil substance floating in urine. What is problem what I can do.
I want to know how ll be life after donating one of my kidney. How ll be my sex life and can I become father after donating.
I am 30years old male suffering from polycystic KIDNEY DISEASE is there any treatment for this disease?
I am suffering from kidney stone so what type of fruits & vegetables I should eat to reduce that stone. Reply fast.
My son is 7 year old n he is suffering from severe urine infection, one month earlier he suffered the same infection n I diagnosed his urine n found Pus cell-5hpf ,then l gave sporidex250 ,then he got well but again after one month same thing is happening what medicine should I give him for permanent cure. He is having mild fever but he is shivering like anything.
What is the diet that should be followed by the dialysis patient and how much water should that drink and maximum amount.
Hi Doctor I have a problem that is if I drink water after 10 minutes urine may come and if I want to control then may come very fast. What is the problem.
Some white liquid comes at the end of urine. I masturbate too much. Is that the result of that? And that liquid gives burning sensation.
Doctor sahib, I am 58 years old male having high urinating problem. I drink much water too but I need to urinate after every 30-40 minutes. Once I drink water than feel to urinate imm. I feeling this problem since long. Pls inform what is this problem and how to stop this Everytime urinating problem.
What happen with continuous mest urination what its effects and please teel me in what time period a person has to do or not to do. What will be the appropriate size of penis plzz I'm not I'll but I just wanted to know that please Sr/ mmam.
Kidney or renal stones refer to the hard mineral deposit that accumulates along the path from the renal pelvis to the bladder. In normal conditions, toxins are filtered by kidneys from the blood and then passed into the urine. But if this waste does not dissolve fully, crystals are formed and these might get stuck in the ureter. Renal stones are common though and can be treated effectively. But you should first know how to detect it.
Signs and symptoms
If kidney stones are small, they might pass on with urine, and not cause any pain. But large stones can obstruct the flow of urine and lead to severe pain. Also remember that the location of the stone and the way it is travelling through your urinary tract can affect the symptoms you face. Sometimes, you might feel a sharp pain in your back or lower abdomen. In other cases, the pain may be constant or come and go, or the intensity might fluctuate.
Here are some other symptoms to watch out for
- Pain during urination, cloudy urine, urine that smells different and the frequent urge to urinate
- Blood due to kidney stones can make urine pink, red, or brown
- Nausea, vomiting, fever or chills
- Pain that increases in severity and stops you from standing, sitting or lying easily
- The pain might start in the early morning or late night, since people urinate less then
Though small kidney stones are often dissolved with medication, larger stones might create blockages and have to be removed in a hospital. The good news is that, now you don’t have to undergo any invasive surgery to get rid of renal stones. The new-age Holmium YAG laser technique can carry out this process with minimal cuts.
This laser sends intense and short infrared light pulses to break the stones into tiny pieces, which can then be passed out with urine. Patients also face lesser complications and get well quickly too.
More on the procedure
- The laser beam passes through a 0.2mm wide wire, which can easily rotate to reach stones whether big or small. Any location in the kidneys, tubes or bladders also becomes easily accessible. Hence the wire can directly contact the stone, without harming any other tissue.
- In laser lithotripsy, a very thin tube with a small camera is inserted into the patient’s urethra to guide the doctor towards the stone. Laser pulses, each lasting not even 0.0003 seconds are then targeted towards the stone.
- Depending on the number and size of stones, this treatment takes 10 minutes to 1 hour and is conducted under general anesthesia. The patients recover fast and are discharged soon after.
- The disintegrated pieces of the stones are also sent for analysis to see what is causing the problem and how the patient can prevent it in future.
Kidney stones can be prevented by drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol. If the stones are being caused by uric acid, ammonia, or calcium, then certain diet changes might be suggested. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.