Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush PatniYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old and I have bones, cartilages problems like that. Because of comparison to other youngsters I have not lifted heavy weighed item for eg. 20 kgs of weight I havn't lift to 5 min at all & in some case pain should be there.
Back injury is not a common problem. It happens to some of us at some point of time. It can be painful and make your life worse. Most of us suffering from this pain opt for several methods to get rid of the unbearable pain. We leave no stone unturned to get the best possible way of getting rid of the pain. Of all these methods, two are very common and are thought to be the best possible home-based remedies—hot and cold compression.
While some will tell you to take a hot bath, others will insist on a cold compress. You might be confused about the benefits of these two separate treatments. Stop scratching your head to decide what to opt in to relieve your back pain. Know about the benefits of each treatment first and why and when they are used.
Ice Is Used for Injuries-
It is a common experience for most of us when we develop an injury during our regular exercising. The injury might lead to swelling of the muscle and mild to intense pain. The swelling is the cause behind the pain. Ice is not capable of curing your entire problem or helps you in fracture or bone repair. But what it can do is that it lowers the inflammation of the affected tissues. It is the best treatment for people who want to avoid medicine. It is more helpful in cases of muscle sprain or ligament or cartilage tear.
There are different ways of applying the ice on the injury. Some people prefer using an ice pack while others may just use a bag of frozen peas. You can even wrap pieces of ice with a towel and then apply it over the affected area.
It has to be kept in mind that when you are using the ice pack for pain relief, don’t apply it for more than 20 minutes. It is also to be kept in mind that doesn’t use ice for injuries in case you have issues with circulation. This might worsen the condition further. It needs to be understood that application of huge amounts of ice can lead to further tissue damage. So, you need to have control over yourself. Don’t get tempted by the fact that ice eases the pain due to inflammation. Cut your coat according to your need.
Heat Is Used for Muscles and Stress-
Heat is a wonderful remedy for treating those with bad back pain. It triggers certain points on the body. People who suffer from any back injury will admit that they have been benefited by hot bath or hot compression. It also provides relief to the nerves and nervous system. It helps you to be free from stress.
What If You Take Up The Wrong Treatment?
If you commit mistakes while choosing the right treatment, you won’t die. But, there can be ramifications if the wrong treatment has opted for.
My mother is 83yrs old and having knee pains for the past 2 years and legs get swollen if she walks. Please suggest me what to do.
I am 34 years male, I have Pain in legs from more than 1 year by 24*7. Did all blood test, spine x ray, MRI, physiotherapy every thing comes fine. Taken lot of medicines too. But zero relief. please suggest me any treatment so that I will get some relief.
I am a boy and I am 18. I have regular pain in my knees and I am suffering it from approximately 2 months. Please give proper remedy for my problem.
I am 30 year old female and have foot pain for last 3 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got relief what should I do now?
Hello sir. How to relief from knee pain. And joint s also it has been 1 month to this problem. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
My father 65years male. Having neck pain and right upper limb tingling sensations. Wat is the treatment. Is it serious condition?
My father have problem for 8th months weight loss 8 kg fever in evening 100, loss of appetite and leg and shoulder pain Please tell .
My husband is 34 years old. He has pain in my feet. In evening this pain increases very much. This is happening from last two years aprox.
My wife is 48 years old, diabetic and had minor hear attack in 2008 December. She is taking medicines as per the diabetologist. Of late she has immense burning sensation in her feet and she keeps ice to cool it. She is using Deep Senz (Eris company) as advised, but not much relief in her legs from burning sensations. Please advise what has to be done now as she becomes restless and can not walk/stand.
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.
L3/l4 disturb in nerves so right leg calf mussle pen last 4 years. Also inject on l3/l4 at hinduja hosp. But not progress.
I am 62 years old. Last two days I am suffering with Left hand pain from left neck. No sugar no cholesterol.Please suggest
It is not that very easy to get complete recovery after spinal surgery and for that you have to rely on different caring tips. Your surgeon can help you in this regard and can provide you a checklist containing different essential caring tips. You should follow those tips sincerely so that unwanted side-effects can be easily avoided.
Few caring tips after a spine surgery:
- Consumption of adequate amount of proteins: If the protein content is increased in your diet, then quickest recovery can be definitely expected. Muscle collagen can be strengthened and healed with the regular intake of the necessary amounts of protein. In fact, infectious conditions can be effectively dealt with by protein intake.
- Getting adequate rest: Proper rest is needed and you should have enough sleep for getting complete recovery. If your body needs some more sleep than the standard one, then you should go for the same. Your mood, memory and body will get refreshed and rejuvenated by taking proper sleep at night. In fact, you can also get rid of pains and other side-effects after surgery by taking rest.
- Taking nutritional supplements: There are a few essential nutrients that are needed after the surgical procedure and they are vitamin D, vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty-acids, magnesium and others. These nutritional elements are now available in the form of supplements and are readily available in the stores. Though these supplements are completely organic, but still you should start taking the same when doctors permit you. These supplements help in collagen healing and thus speedy recovery can be gained by taking them in a consistent manner. Muscle heath can be effectively protected by consuming these supplements.
- Acute hydration: Hydration is highly needed especially after spinal surgery so that toxin accumulation can be prevented. If you want to get proper hydration, then nothing can be a better option than drinking lots of water. In fact, spinal surgeons also recommend the same for avoiding surgical complications. Tea, coffee and sodas need to be completely replaced with water. Your system can be thoroughly cleaned by draining out toxins.
- Eliminating refined sugars from diet: Refined flour and sugary products are to be completely curtailed from regular diet; otherwise you might face severe complications. Your blood-sugar level needs to be regulated. If your immunity system gets suppressed, then you will be in great trouble and hence sugar should not be included in your diet at all.