Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Parveen GroverYour feedback matters!
Sir actually I wanna know that what is the procedure for permanent hair removal and sir if anyone has lost eye retina then he will come back vision for any process if it is possible than tell me fastly I am waiting for this.
My son is 1.5 years old, today he had wound with blood clot near by eye, and its become bulge also, what shall I do? please help me out.
I feel my near eye side giving problem and I checked found ok. But after every evening my eyes go down tired. How I can improve.
I am a 44 year old male. I have some slight difficulty reading small print. An optemtrist said I have have a slight number of 0.5 for long distance plus a cylinderical number. She fitted me with specs that help me read better. Why does a spec for long sightedness work for near sight problems? Should I wear this?
I am 25 year female and I have hypertension problem sometimes I suffered from severe headache and including that my eyes are also pain.
I am not able to see well whenever if I watch t v for mor than 10min my eyes starts to blink and the eyes lost the continuity to watch TV even I also wear spectacles but no result found Consult me for this problem.
Vision problem. I am 22 years old. and a doctor suggest me to wear power 1 eye glass. .will I have to regularly wear the eyeglass? Because I do not want to eyeglasses. Please suggest me any medicine or healthy food plan, and exercise for eyes. Thank you so much in advance.?
Good morning sir, I am shankar 25 years old working as a computer operator. Last 2 years onwards I suffering from neck pain, please suggest me sir what should I do.
I had pimple marks and some inflammation on nose. Apart from some medicine, my doctor advised me to apply elocon cream to apply on nose. After reading a little about this, I am little suspicious. Please suggest.
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.