Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj B KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years old and I have BP, but I do not want to take bp medicines continuously life long. Please suggest as how I can control my BP through ayurveda medicine or home remedies. Johny.
Hi doctor I want to know that my wife is suffering from low B. P. From last few days instead of taking medicine. I have done all check ups but report is normal so suggest e what can I do. I am waiting for your favorable reply please reply me. Thank you.
Which variant of olive oil is good for heart? I am using extra virgin olive oil past 5 months but of no use instead my normal range triglycerides have gone to borderline high levels I use olive oil in making paratha and sabzi but my normal triglycerides have double. Pls advice.
Once i was playing carrom i remember my hands were shaking and my heart was beating and i was calming myself after this incident i startd concentrating on my heart and trying to stop it. Now i know that was heart's fast beating but i want my subconcious to accept it and want to come out of it.
What must be the cause of sudden increase of heart beat within a fraction of second and eventually it becomes normal in few minutes. No sudden outburst of sound or anything caused it to me. Sometimes during relaxation also it happens.
Hello. I Am having chest pain when I relax normally my blood pressure is 120/60. Generally it pain when I am wake up early in the morning. Mostly it pains when cold season comes. It pains my left chest lower right corner. Is it normal or I am suffering from some crucial problem?
Hi My lipid profile report Total cholesterol 178 mg HDL 33 mg Triglycerides 80 mg LDL 142 mg Vldl 16 mg Height: 182 cm weight: 82 kgs Please suggest if I need any medications or changes in lifestyle can work. Thanks.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.
She is house wife but last 2 years her stomach was increasing too much and any time she fell very tired she try to do exercise but her heart pain and she can't what to do to weigh lose?
What is treatment for Dilated Cardiomyopathy (LVEF 38%)? She is 57 years old and has low blood pressure (86/68). Please advise.
I am having mild chest pain on left and right both sides since last 2 months, I guess they are because of gas or some other thing, kindly suggest if it's related to heart or not. I am a smoker, pure vegetarian.
My husband last week experienced tachycardia at rest for consecutive 2 days thereafter we consulted a cardiologist who advised ecg n echo. Which came out normal. He gave him nebistar 2.5 twice daily after that he s feeling less episodes of increased heart rate. Now the doctor is saying to do holter test. When everything is fine. Why more investigations n what could b the possible cause of increased heart rate. My husband he drinks n smokes occasionally.
I am Aruna I am 23 year old girl and I have high blood pressure problem last one year what should I do.
I am hypertensive and on lately my BP was shooting to 160/100. My Dr. has increase my dosage to 80 mg telmesatern from 40 mg. Please confirm in case the dosage is on right lines.
For a long time cholesterol in totality was seen as a bad thing for your body although the truth was a little more complicated than that. Cholesterol primarily is divided into two types, one of which can be categorized as bad cholesterol and the other as good cholesterol. Let's have an in-depth look at both the categories.
LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein aka bad cholesterol: Cholesterol is a wax like chemical which is found all over the body and it has important functions to perform. Cholesterol is carried all over the body by Lipoproteins. The low density lipoproteins are denoted as bad cholesterol as they can accumulate on the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockages resulting in many ailments. LDL levels of 190 and above are considered dangerous.
Some of the risks associated with it are:
HDL or High Density Lipoprotein aka good cholesterol: This is a form of cholesterol which is usually desired in higher quantities as it removes LDL from the system by dislodging it from the arteries and then carrying it through the bloodstream into the liver. The liver then breaks it down and removes it from the body. Thus, higher number of HDL cholesterol is always desirable. Some of the ideal numbers for HDL cholesterol within the body are:
For Women - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl or lower
For Men - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl lower
The role of triglycerides:
Good and bad cholesterol levels also depend on the levels of triglycerides within the body and not just LDL or HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides are another type of fat which are used to store energy within the body, but can also affect your health. It is most associated with atherosclerosis when the levels of triglycerides are high within the body.
Some habits that contribute to high levels of it are:
- Lack of physical activity
- Obesity or being overweight
- Excesses in alcohol consumption
- Bad diet and others
Thus the good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol war also includes other factors, most of which can be easily changed by making subtle changes in lifestyle and incorporating healthier habits. This will increase the good cholesterol and the other relevant elements and reduce the bad.