Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Patil
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi PatilYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am having ringworm on my buttocks ND I want to know about which medicine should I take for recover from it (fungicidal or smthng,) provide me name of the medicine rather then any topical ointment ! ND powder I am already using this ?
Day by day, I am loosing my hair from front part. Please mention some medicine so that I won't become bald.
Fungus at the tip skin ,iam using CANDID ointment for 5years but still not cured. i am aged 74years. no diabiotic ,Please advice
Will masturbation effect on hair fall? I am suffering hair fall from 5 years. What is the best food to be taken to reduce hair fall. And onion juice on hair will control hair fall or not?
How can I COMPLETELY get rid of stretch caused due to rapid weight loss? I lost 20 kg in around 3 months in 2015 and since then I got stretch marks on my arms, biceps, waist, and thighs. I tried Bio Oil on them, it caused stretch marks to fade away to some extent but they are still there. I know stretch marks are harmless and no cream can completely remove them but I want to get rid of those horrible marks at any cost. So will surgery completely remove them? Or should I try laser treatment first?
Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications: It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
2. Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some Ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.