Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi BhattYour feedback matters!
My daughter (infant) 18 months baby having a fever from past 5 days, after consulting doctor we are giving her iron supplement just two days back. But still fever is not reduced, every 4 hours we are giving medicine as per doctor strict ion, please suggest to reduce my daughter fever.
I am a 32 year old mother. I have a daughter 8 month old. I was not having enough milk to feed my baby therefore in the beginning alternately started formula milk and from 5th month mid also started alternative food such as dal & rice water, fruit juice boiled and strained and feed through bottle. Know she is also on semi fluid food. I was also breast feeding upto 6 months. But then since i started working she is like almost 8-10 hour on the above food. I want to breast feed her,but she does not take it more than 5-7 mintues. Since the flow is comparatively very low as in before. How do I Improvise flow, may please guide.
My son is 4 year old and many time he is suffering blood from nose. Last night my son suffering blood from nose around 4 a. M around 15 drops of blood so after some time stop blood after he lay down straight. But in morning around 8 a. M again blood come from nose. Please explain what is the reason and solution for it.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
My baby received synflorix in 6 week as first dose of vaccination and prevenar13 in 10 week as second dose. Can I go for synflorix as third dose. Will it make any difference.
I child is 3 months and 3 weeks old. He is not feed milk. Even he is very hungry but he is not feed milk. And cry more time. He is sleeping only up to 10 hrs a day. He has put his thumb in his mouth every time. Please suggest what is d problem and what the remedy available. Thanks.
My 3.5 month old baby start drool a lot and also chew anything every time. I think he is teething. Can I give calcarea phos to him.
My daughter is 4years 8month old. Yesterday she has been detected a minus cylindrical power. Does she need to wear spectacles all the time. What can help her reduce her power. What are the present technologies that can help her.
My three-year-old boy pees more than 2 to 3 times a day normally, can I know why? 3 days ago he suffered stomach infection and what food should I need to give him at breakfast, lunch .dinner etc.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.