Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P R DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am Using asthalin in nebulizer is safe for 10 months baby. If so what is dosage to be used. What quantity of saline too should be added.
My son is 8 yrs old and he is thin every month he is suffering from cold and fever I consult pediatrician he recommend pediasure for him. I m giving him from 2 yrs he is so active and less fell ill but still he is thin may be I m not giving him right dose of milk or pediasure. Kindly suggest me some healthy tips for him and also quantity of milk and pediasure and how many times in a day he has to drink.
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
Meri sister ko 30 days pahle baby hui per ab usse dudh nahi nikal raha hai bahut pain ho raha hai please help koi upay bataye. Thanks.
Sir mere child ke age 15 year ha 2 month se jayda ho gaya usko jukam or khasi thek nahe ho rahe ha blood test be karwa deya report be thek ha kay kare sir jeshe child thek ho or kon sa blood test karwaoo ple help me thanks.
My nephew 7 year old facing nosebleeds from last 3 years. Consulted 2 3 doctor but they say it happens due to weak vain of nostril. Please suggest me what should we do.
My 14 month old baby boy pee every 15-20 minutes. He drinks water although but don' t think that he drinks much as he pee. Is too frequently urinating a cause of concern?
My baby boy age is 24 month and 18 days. From the last 10 days he is very much crying when we wear clothes and tie his hairs. He is behaving very weird and crying continuously for an hour or two hour. He is not speaking more just few words he spoke maa , baba , nahi,…. I am a working women and some time I had to send him with his grandmother to our home town. Lastly he had gone alone with her on 11 aug 2016 and after coming (20-aug-2016) their he is behaving like this. Pls help me to solve my baby problem.
My baby girl is 5 months old. And her weight is only 5.48 kg. She is only in Breastfeed. Shall I start formula milk once a day. Or shall I continue with only breast feed. As last month her weight was 5.20 kg. I think my milk is not sufficient for my baby. Pls suggest what I should do to increase her weight.
My girl is 14 month old, she is not on breastfeeding now and was eating solids, two weeks back she got cold from that she stopped eating food, now she is cured too, but now to she avoids food, I used to give rice dal idli dosa chapatti but now she almost avoids everything, if I compel she cries n never open mouth, hardly she eats 1 spoon of what I give then goes away, im totally scared seeing this is there any solution for this? Is this a very serious issue?
My daughter is 2 year old some say she is anemic some say calcium deficiency her weight is 11 kg tall. Is tonic for this have any side effect on her.
My 2 years old kid (female - till now no speech, but says 2 or 3 word only) having mild autistic spectrum disorder. Doctors informed to go for occupational therapy and speech therapy. I want to know about this. It is curable or not? Most of them telling that, this is not curable. Please advice.
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.
I have a baby boy of one year. His weight is 8.6 around, is this the correct weight, please help me how to increase his weight, what are the food I gave him, please answer me quickly.
My son is 13 months 6 days old what kind of lunch I can give him.now I only give boil dal rice potato carrot beans chicken fish and egg.any other kind lunch please suggest
My daughter is 2 and half months old. I think her digestive system is not proper. She vomit milk every now and then. Her motion is very liquid type. Please suggest me. She is depends on only breast feeding.
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.