Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nupoor Narkar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nupoor NarkarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I fell down and chipped one of my front tooth, how much does it costs to fix it? It happened long ago. I have no pain or irritation or anything. Also I should wear a clip I guess. What would be the total cost for that? I need an approximate estimate. Please help.
See your dentist every six months. Your teeth may not look dirty from the outside, but bacteria and plaque lurks in places you cannot see in the mirror.
Hi Sir, my daughter is one year old. She got one teeth on top and one in bottom. She has done back color at back side of upper teeth, it's not a hole. Pls let me know what should I have to use do. Is there any chance birth mole can be back side.
I am 55 years old male, my bottom row front teeth 2 nos. Found loose condition & it is freely oscilating while checking with my finger and this was nearly more than two yrs. More no. Of tooth found yellow stains and I am using sensodyne tooth paste. Kindly advise me what to do. Thanks.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
My quick take away point for you as parents would be:
1. Focus on prevention than treatment. We see so many young kids as early as 2-3 years with facial swelling with all decayed teeth which can be life threatening in unfortunate circumstances.
3. Focus on getting the right treatment done then having denial and getting any "patchwork". It lead to bigger problems later. A checkup and followup with a child specialist will keep you away from any inadvertant situation.
A big thank you for all the support and trust in our care till now. Please spread the word with your family and friends and refer so that they can get the best of guidance and care.