Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nividita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NividitaYour feedback matters!
This month. As we have planned for tours, I have to be in travel for most of the days. Can you pls suggest me a good way of planning my healthy diet when I am in outing. So that I don't put weight.(usually when I am in travel its not possible to diet). Help me.
My wife went through a cesarean operation on 8th of Feb and now she feels pain in stomach what could be the reason.
I masturbated and washed my hands with water and then after 10 minutes, I fingered my girl friends vagina. Is there any chance of getting her pregnant?
Hello sir my friend got sex on 27 nov across 2 pm. With her partner. After that she took triquilar in evening and she continued taking tablet 14 days regularly. After 27 she never repeated sex. She got last period on 16 nov. And today is 18 dec she had not got till period. She is very worried about it. Is she pregnant.
Hello Doctor ,I am in my 8 month of pregnancy can you please let me know what are the symptoms of labour pain.
A number of factors, such as physical ailments, stress, anxiety and even relationship problems can cause sexual problems. Relationship concerns where intimacy and the culmination of the various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and peak, cannot be possible in a satisfactory manner. So what are the routine sexual problems recognised and treated as per Ayurveda? Read on to know more.
1. Erectile Dysfunction: This condition is also known as impotence and it usually occurs when male patients cannot muster up and retain an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual intercourse. This problem can be fixed with various herbs and condiments including Sanda Oil massage on the testicles and nearby areas in order to increase the blood flow. Also, one can have ginger, honey, drumsticks, milk and other such ingredients for better achievement and retention of an erection for a prolonged period of time during sexual intercourse.
Sanda oil is not available in its pure form and simple branding of this name is not useful. Sanda is a wild reptile, which was boiled in ancient times and fats taken out to make Sanda oil. This is not possible now a days. Instead various 'Tilas' (penis massage oils) prepared by valuable herbs and vegetable oils such as Sesame oil should be used. Tila using Mall (purified arsenic) and egg are also effective. Preparation and use should be as per instructions in classic Ayurveda. Tila is selected as per history, present condition and duration of specific problem
OTC or advertisement products are general products, which do not benefit all. Post application directions are also important otherwise there may be adverse effect of Tila application
2. Premature Ejaculation: Premature ejaculation is a condition when the male patient may face ejaculation as soon as the intercourse begins, or upon insertion. This happens in an unplanned way and is a sudden occurrence that usually puts a damper on the sexual mood and activity. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs including Ashwagandha and a variety of oil massages that can help in treating this problem.
3. Sexual Weakness: Sexual weakness is a condition when the female or male patient may not have the energy to go through with sexual intercourse and may even complain of pain during intercourse. This problem is especially common among women, and may be caused due to fatigue, stress or even low pelvic strength following childbirth or miscarriage. The best way to treat this issue is with the help of proper counselling and therapy that will help in introducing Yogic poses that can strengthen the pelvic area so as to have better sexual strength.
4. Infertility: This problem may be found in both men and women. Ashwagandha, Vasant Kusumakar Ras, Shilajit and Labub Kabir are some of the herbs and concoctions that can help in increasing virility and the chances of conception by creating better sperm quality and quantity, as well as more effective ovulation.
Most of the sexual problems in Ayurveda are recognised as factors that arise from stress and anxiety. These are recognised as temporary issues that can be fixed with the help of a proper routine of eating, resting and exercising, as well as a healthy diet where the patient stays away from smoking, excessive drinking as well as drug abuse. Before taking any herbal medicines, one will have to consult the doctor and find out about side effects for patients suffering from chronic ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and others.
Oral Health Complications During Pregnancy
Recent findings have reported that oral bacteria and their by-products can possibly pass the placental barrier keeping oral health at prime importance during pregnancy. An awareness related to oral health during pregnancy cannot be neglected or avoided in order to minimize the complications.
This article focuses on few points related to the necessity of oral health during pregnancy.
Pregnancy comes with many responsibilities making expecting mothers more concerned about their health. However, many pregnant women may not be aware of oral health and its effect on the developing child. Negligence of oral health is quite common during pregnancy due to lack of alertness of oral hygiene and its effect on systemic health.
Moreover, pregnancy discomforts like frequent bouts of nausea, increased physical demands, weight gain or certain dental problems like pregnancy gingivitis or inflammation of gums may be dangerous to developing fetus.
Risk of oral problems during pregnancy:-
Few common oral problems associated with pregnancy are as follows.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy leads to pregnancy gingivitis. It is a condition of bleeding gums, redness. Moreover inflammation, swelling and tenderness are also observed. Ignorance of such problems may lead to serious gum disease. Frequent cleaning can avoid such dental issues. Progesterone levels are elevated during pregnancy which stimulates the production of prostaglandins and leads to inflammation of blood vessels in gums.
Diet during pregnancy is of high importance. It is designed to nourish both mother and unborn baby. Diet rich in carbohydrates actually increases the risk of tooth decay. The morning sickness increases acid secretion in the mouth which is harmful to enamel.
Overgrowth of tissue on gums in pregnant women are called as pregnancy tumors. They are noncancerous and generally observed in the second trimester of the gestation period. It is nothing but swollen gums between teeth. The bleeding and reddening of gums observed in such conditions.
Periodontal disease and preterm birth:
Untreated gum disease or periodontal problems can development periodontitis characterized by inflammation and infection of the gums and supporting structures of the teeth.
This ultimately leads to loss of supporting material and finally the teeth themselves.
A study result has revealed that there is a relation between preterm birth and presence of gum diseases in the pregnant women. The reason is not yet known.
However, research study findings have evidence that oral bacteria or their byproducts can pass placental barrier. This initiate inflammatory response leading to preterm birth.
Another correlation exists between the gum disease and the increased rate of pre-eclampsia, a condition of high blood pressure during pregnancy. The positive correlation suggests that gum disease may cause stress to the blood vessels of the mother, placenta and the fetus.
The basic periodontal therapies like oral hygiene instructions, scaling, root planing and prophylaxis can substantially decrease the level of prostaglandin responsible for inflammatory response.
The regular treatment and follow-up in pregnant women can maintain good oral health and minimize the risk of preterm birth.
Dental treatment during pregnancy:
The dental procedures mostly include the use of X-rays and use of anesthesia. In the case of pregnancy, these procedures can be used with precaution.
Therefore, before sitting on dental chair patient should declare her pregnancy to the physician. Untreated dental infections can harm fetus as well as the mother.
The emergency situations request use of dental radiographs which can’t wait. The radiation of dental x-ray is generally very low and precaution is always taken for lowest radiation exposure. A leaded apron including collar, shields can be used to prevent abdominal exposure to the x-ray radiation.
Use of dental X-ray is not at all contraindicated in pregnancy when used with precaution.
The use of local anesthesia is also not contraindicated in the pregnancy.
A clinical trial result showed that there is no harm in the use of local anesthetics during pregnancy. It is not linked with increased risk for major medical problems like cerebral palsy, cleft lip and heart defect in newborns.
The medication prescribed during dental treatment mainly includes local anesthetics, analgesics, and antibiotics. Most of them can be used with safety precautions. Each drug has its own pregnancy category which should be considered during its use.
The antibiotic like tetracycline can permanently cause discoloration of developing teeth.
Dentists can educate patients with following points to avoid problems associated with oral hygiene.
- The patient should declare the pregnancy to the Dentist
- Follow routine oral checkup.
- Undergo all elective and emergency procedures.
- Follow good oral hygiene practice ask for a better toothpaste.
- In the case of morning sickness avoid sweets and snacks which increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Have healthy and balanced diet.
Awareness of oral health during pregnancy is a must to avoid complications.