Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin ZabakYour feedback matters!
I am college going girl n I want to have fair skin like others have .I want to have fair skin is there any treatment that can make me fair.
I have dark circles problem and this is my family problem. Thats why I have also so please help me what can I do for dark circle. Because of dark circle I look so ugly please suggest me and help me.
Hi, I am having fissure but main problem is for last 4 to 5 day a small pimple type (fodi) on outside anus please tell me what to do?
I was very fair in my childhood but due to spent of a long time under sun my skin gets tan and full of oil. What should I do to agin get fair and non oily skin.
Hi, I am 23 years old & I am suffering from dark knuckle & toes, I have tried bio oil & lemon also but is of no use. please prescribe me medicine.
I have gone through laser treatment for face and there was reaction on my skin and its turned into black spots on my face.
My upper lip edges have some kind of white patches that can be seen when some one are close to me, I just want to remove it please suggest, don't tell to drink lot if water I drink more than 5 liters a day.
For most people, a beautiful looking, healthy, glowing, youthful skin is indeed a matter of pride. Unfortunately, quite a few factors (scars, aging) play the spoilsport. The damage, however, can still be controlled and reversed, all thanks to the chemical peels. The chemical peels have indeed been a revelation making a healthy looking rejuvenated and youthful skin very much a reality.
As the name suggests, a chemical is used in this procedure that penetrates into the skin layer (middle, outer, or both the layers) thereby removing the damaged skin (replaced by new healthy skin). The chemical peel addresses a plethora of skin problems such as visible signs of skin aging (wrinkles, sagginess, fine lines), acne scars, hyperpigmentation, Crow's feet (also called as Laugh Lines), Melasma (patchy brown or gray-brown skin discoloration appearing on the face), skin damage due to exposure to sun rays. A person can undergo a chemical peel on the face, hands and the neck.
Types of Chemical Peels
There are essentially three different types of chemical peels each taking care of specific skin problems.
- Deep chemical peel: This procedure plays a significant role in treating freckles, age spots, scars (often shallow), or even mild lines. Used only on the face, the chemical used in this peel is phenol or Trichloroacetic acid. The chemical used exfoliates and penetrates deep into the dermal layer (middle layer) of the skin, thereby removing the damaged and dead skin.
- Medium peel: This type of chemical peel takes care of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, freckles, skin discoloration (a milder discoloration), actinic keratosis, or extremely rough skin (the skin appears and feels much smoother after the chemical peel). The Glycolic Peel falls under this group. Thus, the chemical used here is either Trichloroacetic acid or Glycolic acid. The chemical, in this case, exfoliates the outer as well as the dermal skin layer to get rid of the damaged skin.
- Lunchtime or superficial peel: The superficial peel is often used to rejuvenate the skin on the hands, neck, face or chest. It also deals with rough skin and also mild skin discoloration with elan. The chemical used in this type of peel is usually Alpha-hydroxy acid. This acid exfoliates only the epidermal layer (outer layer) of the skin.
Who should avoid the chemical peel?
The chemical peel is a big No for
- People with dermatological problems such as dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema.
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- Those having used the drug Accutane at least six months before the chemical peel or those having used any acid based skin lightening products 48 hours before the procedure
- With the use of acid, expecting a burning sensation or redness(around the treated area) is normal.
- In the case of a medium or deep chemical peel, there may even be blister formation (takes around a week or two to heal).
- A person is also expected to avoid exposure to sun rays for quite a few months following the chemical peel. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!