Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Deshpande
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My eyesight is week but I didn't want to wear chasma so tell me any eye drop ,supplements or home remedies for improve my eyesight.
Hi sir/mam, I'm suffering with eye diseases Keratoconus with Right eye Is there Any treatment to cure this problem.
I am 23 year old female I have noticed black moles actually macules around my neck and back of shoulder. I have seen a dermatologist but her opinion was like these are simply moles may be familial. Since they are multiple and so small and wide spread lesions it is difficult to treat the same with even laser. Can you suggest me a better treatment.
I am 20 year's old I am facing problem by eye sight both eye sight level is 6 please tel me a medical remedy.
Sir, please also suggest some treatment for my eyes as meanwhile taking Said Megamentin some swelling near eyes and some conjunctivitis sort of feeling was also there. I took azithromycin eye drop and tablet for same. The conjunctivitis was mainly in morning when I awake 01/06/2016 6: 25 PM But it's decreasing now. please suggest further for eyes.
Eye getting strain while operating cellphone and watching t. V or doing Work in laptop. I. Had spectacles. Present my eye sight is 1.25 left eye, 2.75 right. Plzz give any remedies or medicines to reduce my eyesight. Infact not getting sleep at night times. My age is 20 years whether shall I goo for laser treatment or not. Plzz give solution for that. than.
I am taking viagra since last seven years around 5 to 6 tab per month at present I have no vision problem if I want to take viagra more is it possible to get vision problem now?
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.