Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NithinYour feedback matters!
I have blood in my stool and it pains while excreting since past week. What should I do and who should I consult?
Hello Doctor, recently in March 2017 I did USG where report tells soft 5.4 mm. Gall stone, early fatty liver, fatty pancreas. Also suffering from anxiety. Can there any medication for these disease without surgery. Pl guide.
I am having a gastric problem on regular basis. I am not able to pass my motions in the morning. Is there any solution for thia without medicine. I ear normal roti dal after my office in dinner. I also dot smoke or drink.
He is suffering from mouth ulcer or may be mouth infection from past 2 years pls tell reason for same, and what should be done to remove?
Hello sir/madam, 23 years male suffering from frequent burping, burning sense in upper abdomen portion and acid reflux twice or thrice in a week Pls help me to overcome this problem. I guess my life style contributing much to these problems late night work and I usually wake up at 11 AM so timing of food also changing, some times when I burp I feel some bitter taste in mouth some sort of liquid coming from throat that causing burning in throat region and when acidity and burping is more I'm facing cough. Please help me.
My nephew just 1.5 months old he's crying more and more doctor said that he's suffering from gastric problems and will be crying for next 3 months like it's colic, so what should we do? For him.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have been having problem of acidity. Every morning while brushing I get vomiting sensation. I have been taking antacid to refrain from this problem. What are the medicines should I take?
Urinary Tract Infections are a group of diseases that affect one’s urinary system such as the urethra, bladder, ureters or kidneys. Women are more prone to contracting UTIs than men. They may be accompanied by symptoms such as a constant urge to urinate frequently along with a burning sensation in the concerned parts and pelvic pain. The urine may have traces of blood in it. These infections are usually treated with antibiotics.
Causes behind Urinary Tract Infection:
Urinary Tract infection generally occurs when the bacteria enter the urinary tract via the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder. Although the urinary system is structured to ward off such invaders, at times, the defense mechanism fails. In that case, the bacteria may evolve into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.
Few risk factors are:
Female anatomy: A woman’s urethra is shorter as compared to a man’s, thus lessening the distance the bacteria need to travel to the bladder. This increases the chances of UTIs in women.
Using diaphragms and spermicidal agents for birth controls
A dip in the levels of estrogen post menopause
Abnormalities in the urinary tract that hinder the discharge of urine or cause the urine to travel back into the urethra.
Enlarged prostate or kidney stones that cause the urine to be trapped in the bladder.
An impaired immune system because of diabetes and other ailments
Using catheters (tube) to urinate is one of the common risk factors because of the chances of infections. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
I am 26 years old. I had a anal fissure one year ago. I took Ayurveda and homeopathy medicine. Now its fine, but sometimes I feel little prick in my anus for 1-2 days. Pls suggest me caution and permanent treatment for this.
My wife is getting bleeding from bottom (anus), doctor without checking says it is symptom of piles. Is it?
Hello doctor ,I am 26 years female ,I have problem of "amlapitta" acidity .i always suffers due to headache, chakkar aana" omitting,when I wake up at morning ,i found gallstones in my mouth also feel pain in lower left side of chest, please give me advice, thanks in advance!
He was suffered from abdominal pain , penis have pain (Heat stroke) 7-9 days, after he conducted Doctors . The doctor told , you take ultrasound scan , he took scan (liver, lunges got positive) Doctor found kidney stones, 5.5 mm ,doctor recommended some medicine like , cystone - herbal pills , and vitamin pills and one citralka liquid. He took medicine every day. No abdominal pain and penis . After two months (some time got penis pain heat stroke). Yesterday he passed urine blood color after some time he passed urine blood just one dark dots. After he passed the urine White color. Doctor give me correct solution .
I am suffering from digestion and when I have lunch then vomiting start. And pain in below my chest at up the lever.
My age is 22 year and I suffer from diarrhoea due to ecitalopram can I use any tab for diarrhoea while using escitalopramescitalopramdiarrhea due to ecitalopram can I use any tab for diarrhoea while using ecitalopram too.
I have feeling of fullness in the upper stomach above the navel and also I have a burning sensation. Is it stomach cancer. I also have gynecomastia.
I have burning after motion. I take sclerotherpy. 6 weeks ho gaye hai. I use isbgol two time. Daily sitz bath se bhi koi farak nahi hai. Gel bhi laga rahi hu. Lots of water bhi leti hu. Mera treatment Pgi chandigarh se chal raha hai. Gatrosurgen se. Mujhe Gerd ka treatment bhi chal raha hai. Burning after stool kab theek hoga. Ek saal problem hai.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.