Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NithinYour feedback matters!
I am male 42. I am diabetic for last 10 years. I also suffer from GERD for which my doctor has prescribed Sompraz L, once daily, empty stomach. I have been taking it for the last 4 years. If I take Sompraz L daily, I do not feel any heartburn etc. But If I skip it even for 1 day, I get heartburn, indigestion etc problems. My query is : Sompraz L contains Esomeprazole (40 Mg) Levosulpiride (75 Mg) Is there any way I can avoid taking psychotic drug like levosulpiride and still keep my GERD under control. What is the alternate ? For the last 2-3 months my fasting blood sugar levels are around 100 and, 2 hours after meal levels are around 140. My hbA1c is 8. It was tested 10 days ago. I exercise for 30 mins daily, five days a week.
I want to know proper diet for bronchitis allergy and acidity for my husband. please provide proper diet for him.
I am 66 with a chronic case of irritable bowel syndrome for the last two days I am having severe loose motions about 9-11 times a dayI ave tried lomofen but nothing seems to work, what treatment Do I follow please?
Sir I am a fat girl and I have the problem of acidity because I like to eat heavy food so please help me to free from this problem.
My friend is suffering from acute pancreatitis and he want to know which diet he should follow. So can you please suggest him the proper diet.
I am suffering from Pimples from last 4years. Now dark patches has been initiated. What should I do. Also gas problem is always there, not having oily food for last six months.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.