Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan RathodYour feedback matters!
What is the name of the blood test which predicts breast cancer .approx cost and can we do it in any pathology lab.
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
I'm 20 years old female I have inverted nipples and I found it as a symptom of breast cancer is it true? Bt from the day I have got matured I don't have any growth in that part is it normal or a serious matter?
What is the symptoms of cancer and AIDS. What kind of medicine will be good for that disease. Please help me.
My father aged 77 has recently done his psa test result is 6. 42. He has no complication of prostrate gland what to do.
I delivered a baby on 24th may lscs was done now my stitches little paining and lump found near stitches what might be this please suggest any solution.
Is cancer spread through blood and air? How we get sure that one caught by cancer? Is it curable totally?
What are the cause for lung cancer & the precautions to overcome from the lung cancer and how to take of body.
what medicine should take for enlarge prostate. I have to go to loo 3/4 times at night. Somebody suggested Himplasia which is ayurvedic treatment .Should I take it? Pl advice. RI am 75 years old and do not want to get it operated.
I am 30 yrs old female having 7 yrs old one daughter. I have small small painful cyst in my left breast .Is it cancer?
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
I was operated for breast abcess last august (2015). As of nw I am nt feeding frm tat right breast but only from left side. My son is 9 month old nw. Lactation is happening in the operated breast but no engorgement. I don express it manually also to empty. Wil it cause any abscess further or any other health conditions.
Hii I am 48 years old suffering with genital cancer 3rd stage all tomy. Done surgically. After more therapy. Again attract of metastasis in body start what can I do.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.