Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan RathodYour feedback matters!
Most text on the National Cancer Institute website may be reproduced or reused freely. The National Cancer Institute should be credited as the source. Please note that blog posts that are written by individuals from outside the government may be owned by the writer, and graphics may be owned by their creator. In such cases, it is necessary to contact the writer, artist, or publisher to obtain permission for reuse.
Hello, I am 41 years old female. I have got breast cancer and undergoing chemotherapy. I have completed 6 chemo out of 8. Since 3 days I am facing severe constipation. Very hard stools have struck & not coming out. I have tried all kinds of tablets but nothing is working. Due to this I am experiencing severe stomach ache. Pls help me with some strong medicine or home remedy for this. I am in great trouble.
I am 55 years and urine problem having little bit prostate since 1 year. Taking tab urimex now need to consult urologist.
I have cyst in both breast and it is painful . mammography done previous year . Radiologist says go for prolactin test . I took cabergoline and belong tablets from last 1 year. Getting relief during treatment of cabergoline . But what about cyst . How can it be removed . How long cabergoline should be taken . I have tested prolactin 3 to 4 times it level is below 5 now now. 15 days before menses breasts gets bulky with pain and it regularly increases and during menses it increase in size and increased pain. After menses breast relax and pain also decreases. Please help doctor. Abdominal and pelvic region increased now . Cabergoline helps in everything. Now how to cure it completely.
My mother is a diagnosed case of carcinoma right breast.In my mother breast cancer cell her 2/neu is 3+ as per biopsy report. The consulting doctor is saying that she has to be given herceptin and that is too 17 herceptin will take place each in every 3 week. Pls guide is it mandatory. Whats its pros n cons.
I am a 60 year old male (100 Kg.) with slightly enlarged prostrate, fatty lever, pain in both knees and swelling at ankles. What course of medicine do you suggest? Presently taking low dosage tablets for hypertension and Uric acid and colestarol.
She has diagnosed of breast cancer going through chemo for the first time after chemo she got lung infection and after 18 days got infection of herpes that caused delay in the second chemotherapy please recommend some diet as per her condition we are giving her wheatgrass guide soya milk and a type of kadha made by the leaves of ramphal along with medicines. Also describe why she got infected again an again.
1st Chemotherapy has been done on 20-9-2016. On 21-9-2016 patient hb low 9.9 and wbc 22000 gain. Sodium 117. Patient unconscious in 30 hours and was not talk and listen our voice. But now listing and talking slowly. So please suggest me care for patient.
Its my mother and suffering from diabetes and also suffered from cancer but after operation its ok but pain in whole is occurs and bones are become weak and back pain is major problem so pls refer an best calcium supplements for her! I search in web it says that bluebonnet calcium tablets I want to know from is it best for my mother or not! His age is 35 years approx.
What are the causes of cancer and how can we prevent from cancer and what are the precautions we want to take to avoid cancer?
Is there any way to cure lung cancer without chemotherapy, radiation or surgery? By homeopathy or ayurveda or anything else can it be cured?
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.