Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neemesh Lodh
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Dr. Neemesh LodhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from skin tan on my forehead and darkening of skin. What can be done to gain fairness ?
Hi Doctor, I have fungus problem on my leg for past few months. I consulted many doctors but its coming in various parts of the body. please give me a solution.
Scars may mar the beauty and proportion of your face and its features. There are many reasons why we may suffer from scars starting from accidents to other causes like birth defects and other ailments. When we are injured or the skin is ruptured, the bruise or the wound usually heals itself by turning into scar tissue.
While much of this may disappear for smaller wounds, there are others that remain obvious and become scars. Many of these scars may be in a prominent location like the face, which can lead to loss of confidence and self-esteem. While make-up and creams can diminish the jarring effect of such scars, there is also a permanent way to deal with them cosmetic surgery. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
- Point of surgical techniques: While total scar removal will depend on the severity of the scar and its location, the point of most surgical techniques for scar removal involve making the skin as smooth as possible so that the scar becomes almost invisible.
- Skin resurfacing methods: Dermabrasion and laser resurfacing are some of the most popular methods employed for this process. While dermabrasion basically helps in scraping away the top surface of the skin in order to help new skin grow back, laser resurfacing does pretty much the same with the help of laser beams that will act on the problem areas. Dermabrasion usually helps when the scar is slightly raised and embossed on the skin, giving the appearance of a second skin with its defect. The laser light of the laser resurfacing helps by smoothen the rough patch of skin that forms the scar. This is done by running the beams on the rough or elevated patches until they are removed for the new skin to emerge eventually.
- Kelotoid scars: Most kelotoid scars are treated with the help of medicated injections that can be administered by a cosmetic surgeon. Hypertropic scars are also treated in this way.
- Surgical incisions: In case the above methods do not help in removing particularly stubborn or old scars, the cosmetic surgeon can also suggest using a surgical incision in order to join the skin together with very fine stitches. This process can help in making the scar less prominent to a great extent.
- Side effects: In all these methods, you would do well to discuss the possible side effects with your cosmetic surgeon. Some amount of bruising and redness of the skin is to be expected for a few days. Also, a little bit of swelling is normal. But if these side effects do not abate in a hurry and get progressively worse, then it would be a good idea to report the changes to the doctor for further treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.