Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NarvanYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed with right ovarian cyst,fatty liver and right renal simple cyst. Right ovary cyst measuring 51x24 this is the scan report of today.what to do
For last few days, I am suffering from indigestion although I am not eating anything outside. But I used to eat junk food earlier. Kindly suggest.
Hii. I am suffering from stomach bloating. Some time sounds came from my stomach. Stomach not clear in morning. I am already taking patanjali medicine but no effect.
I am 30 years old woman having headache & nausea and then vomiting 2-3 times a. Week suspect of gastric. Please advice?
The largest internal organ in the body, the liver, is also one of the silent heroes, which performs close to 500 functions. It produces energy, fights infections, gets rid of wastes, and is a metabolic factory.
There are four major types of liver diseases out of which alcoholic liver disease accounts for about 40% of them. Other types include non-alcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis and autoimmune (chronic) hepatitis.
Risk factors: The severity of drinking habit is directly proportional to the chances of developing alcoholic liver disease. People who consume more amount of alcohol are more likely to develop the disease. However, it is also not necessary that every person who consumes alcohol develops liver disease.
Following are obvious risk factors for developing alcoholic liver disease.
1. Alcohol dependency: While enjoying a drink is not barred, getting the body dependent on alcohol for regular functioning is definitely a no-no. The rate of developing the disease in people dependent on alcohol is as high as 70%.
2. Females: The way alcohol is metabolized in females could have an effect on the higher risk they face in developing alcoholic liver disease.
3. Obesity: Excessive weight puts additional stress on the metabolic effects of the liver and therefore has a higher tendency to develop alcoholic liver disease.
4. Family history: Strong familial history increases the risk of developing alcoholic liver disease.
Symptoms: The difficulty in diagnosing the disease lies in the fact that there are no clear-cut symptoms that can indicate the diagnosis. Initial general symptoms include fatigue, poor appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, weight loss, loss of energy, and red spider nevi (spider-like blood vessels) on the skin.
As the liver function continues to worsen, there are additional symptoms like swelling of the legs due to fluid accumulation, swelling of the abdomen, jaundice (yellow mucous membranes and skin), redness of palms, impotence, breast swelling, easy bruising, cognitive problems and clay-colored stools. This stage will see liver scarring and subsequent cirrhosis. The second set of symptoms is more diagnostic. An experienced practitioner will be able to suspect and diagnose the alcoholic disease with a detailed history and some liver function tests.
Treatment: If identified early and alcohol habits are reversed, the damages of the liver can be completely reversed. In addition, the following lifestyle changes are suggested:
1. Low-salt diet
2. Hepatitis vaccines (A and B)
3. Medications to manage fluid retention, spontaneous bleeding and infections as the case may be
4. Excessive fluid accumulation in the abdomen may require removal
5. Shunt in the liver to repair blood flow
6. If cirrhosis stage is reached, a liver transplant may be required
While there are many ways to manage alcoholic liver disease, prevention is the best way. Limiting alcohol consumption can definitely help in the prevention of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Hello I'm 22 male. Yesterday when I passed motion I started bleeding for the first time. I thought it may be because of body heat. And neglected. Even today wen I went to pass the motion again it started bleeding. Now I'm feeling tired. And scared too. Can you please help me out?
I am having hemorrhoids for past 1yr and I'm using smuths ointment. But the problem is that is not healing properly. When I eat chicken or paratha the blood starts to come from my rectum. What will I do.
My digestion is poor and I suffer with GERD. I have taken antacids to fight acidity but that doesn't help to digest food. Enzyme syrups did work. If I take ayurvedic digestive medicines, it increases my acidity. How can I achieve perfect digestion along with no GERD issue. Enzyme syrup did not work.
I am 29 years old male when I was child I had a stools problem and observed mucus in and I have gastric problem which doctors I consult and what is best treatment of my problem.
I experienced diarrhea, chilling in stomach, bloating and short term cramp. My doctor tested stool for OPC, CBC, and endoscopy. I have had my endoscopy last week. It shows "mild patchy non erosive antral gastritis" Other tests shows normal. I am feeling better now except occasional chilling and bloating. I have heard this is non curable and have to take medicine for lifetime. Is it really non curable?
I am 22 old male i am suffering from gastric problem? Causes heart attack or not? Which symptoms heart attack reduce the gastric problem this is the life long problem or not? I am suffering from chest pains this is major problem or not? Please tell me know the natural tips this danger or not.
Hi, I want Grade 1 fatty lever treatment. Please tell me. And I have habit of drinking alcohol and smoking is 4 cigars only per day.
A surprising large number of people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition characterized by a combination of stomach pain, abdominal discomfort and abnormal bowel movement such as diarrhea or constipation. This condition is not life threatening, but can make you very uncomfortable and increase your risk of suffering from other colon problems. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating irritable bowel syndrome. Here are a few tips.
A healthy diet
Diet is one of the most important facets of Ayurveda. To prevent bowel difficulties eat plenty of fiber and easy to digest foods. Cumin seeds, pomegranate and buttermilk can also aid digestion and prevent this condition. Drinking warm water can also aid digestion. On the other hand, curd, junk food, acidic beverages and food that causes bloating and excessive gas production such as potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower should be reduced or removed from your daily diet.
Yoga works on the physical and psychological levels of a person. It also massages and strengthens a number of different organs. Stress is one of the biggest causes of irritable bowel syndrome. Yoga can help combat stress and alleviates anxiety and aids relaxation. A few basic yoga asanas that can help ease pain and treat this condition are:
- Downward facing dog
This is an Ayurvedic cleansing process that enhances the metabolic process and eliminates toxins from the body. Panchakarma literally means 5 techniques or forms of treatment. This includes vamana, virechana, basti, nasya and raktamokshana. These processes make the mind and body more receptive to food and medicines that treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Probiotics: Probiotics supplement your natural gut bacteria and help break down complex foods. It can also help alleviate bloating, abdominal pain and regularize bowel movements. Probiotics can be found in oatmeal, whole grains and a number of fruits and vegetables like asparagus, onions and bananas.
- Herbs: Ayurveda also utilizes the properties of herbs to treat health conditions. Half a spoon of turmeric taken twice a day can help reduce intestinal inflammation and reduce bloating and abdominal pain. Drinking a concoction made by steeping spoonful of dried mint leaves or coriander seeds in hot water for ten minutes can also help deal with this condition. Equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, pepper and pippali can help regulate digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.