Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namita P KumarYour feedback matters!
My girlfriends period ended yesterday and we had sex today. She took an I pill in the evening, will she get pregnant? When can she check her pregnancy status using Prega news?
I started smoking a few months back and it continued for about 2 months. Now my flatmate is accusing me of giving her PCO (polycystic ovarian syndrome?). I think 2 months is very less time considering I smoked in my room and that too a max of 4-5 cigarettes a day. Is there any truth to what she is saying?
My friend has polyclonal ovary. She was having some medicine but she stopped it when she find it cured and there is no further problem. But it almost 2 months she is not having periods. Suggest the solution.
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
My gf and me doing sex on 17 dec and after 1 hour later my gf get a pill of unwanted 72 but after 4 days no bleeding, is it risky? For pregnancy ?my gf age 19.
If you do intercourse for get pregnant then without wait for her menses when can I check urine test with pregnancy kit?
I am 20 weeks pregnant. Have gestational diabetics. Please suggest a suitable diet. When I monitor daily at home, the values varies. Like one day after 1 hr after breakfast it is 115, where as another day it is above 135 mg/dl.
I have infertility problem. My age 25 years. Doctor has done my endometrial biopsy. My report is endometrium is in proliferative phase. What is this my report is normal or not .am I get get pregnant in this phase.
Lucid dreaming is any dream where you’re aware that what you’re experiencing is a dream. It takes place during your REM sleep (a sleep state that is characterised by random and quick eye movements alongside muscle paralysis). A study conducted on lucid dreaming shows that this form of dreaming comes with an increased activity in those areas of the brain that are, in general, dormant during sleep.
There are quite a few techniques of lucid dreaming. One of the ways is to maintain a dream journal, where you write down the dream you’ve had just after waking up. This trains your brain to remember your dreams so that you can consciously enter into a state of dreaming.
Lucid dreaming has impressive health benefits you’d be surprised to know about.
1. Develops your memory
Both lucid sleep and dreaming enable you to reinforce everything you may have learned when you were awake. They also enable you to consciously select the things that you want to remember.
While sleep, in general, is responsible for solidifying the memories that you create when you’re awake, dreams, in particular, are responsible for solidifying your episodic memory. Standing for the memory of your personal experiences of a particular place and time, episodic memory performs the function of a muscle memory (memory that is concerned with the development of motor skills) and helps you to learn new skills, while perfecting the skills you already have.
3. Helps in improving your game
In this context, lucid dreaming can significantly improve your gaming skills as you get the chance to practice them in the dream world. A study shows that the neurons that get activated when you dream of scoring a goal is the same as those when you’re scoring the goal in the real world. So, the visualisation of the act of scoring enables you to improve your performance in the real world.
3. Helps in overcoming anxiety
Being in a lucid dream gives you the opportunity to practice any number of terrifying scenarios, so that you can make changes as and when you want to in order to overcome anxiety.
Representing a state between being wakeful and in a REM sleep, lucid dreaming offers you with the possibility to push your boundaries where you can be anyone and do anything. It can be a good stress relieving mechanism.
4. It improves your sleep
One of the biggest benefits of lucid dreaming is that it augments your overall sleep quality by making you more aware of your dreams, and subsequently of your sleep. Awareness is an important factor for getting sound sleep since it helps in experiencing true relaxation. The outcome is you end up feeling more rested and refreshed. Gaining control over your dreams can also help in reducing nightmares, thereby improving your sleep.
Cow Urine is used for purposes of therapy in traditional Indian medicine and is called Gomutra. The use of cow urine for therapeutic purposes has a long history in Indian culture. In India, cow is considered to be a sign of spirituality. Urine from a cow that is pregnant is believed to contain special minerals and hormones. It should be noted that cow urine therapy is not a nourishing process. Instead, it is cleansing and detoxifying in nature.
Pharmaceutical Benefits of Gomutra are:
- Used in Ayurvedic treatment of cancer and leprosy.
- Anaemia can be treated using a mixture containing Triphala (Ayurvedic herbal rasayana formula made of three equal parts of Bibhitaki, Haritaki and Amalaki), Cow milk and Gomutra. The mixture is known as Mahayograj Guggul.
- It is used in the treatment of fever. A mixture that contains Gomutra along with ghee, yoghurt and black pepper is used. Sore throats can be treated by gargling a mixture of cow urine distillate along with honey and turmeric powder.
- A mixture of daruharidra and gomutra can be used to treat epilepsy.
- In Nigeria, convulsions in children are treated using a concoction made of garlic, tobacco, rock salt, cow urine and lemon basil juice.
- Gomutra is also helpful in treatment of peptic ulcer, asthma and certain liver ailments.
- Some Indian scientists from CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) received a US Patent for a mixture of cow urine distillate, which acts as an antibiotic. The purpose of the cow urine is to behave like a bio-enhancer, which promotes the antimicrobial functions of antifungal and antibiotic agents.
- A US patent was acquired in 2010 by a research department of Deolapar and National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) for a drug based on gomutra, which validated its claims of being an anti-cancer drug. The mixture is claimed to prevent DNA damage caused by oxidation.
- A water extract of Daruharidra (Tree Turmeric) called Rasanjana is administered with cow urine as a medication to treat Kapha originated skin diseases.
Why is it hard to quit using smokeless tobacco?
Like cigarettes, smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) contains nicotine, a very addictive substance that causes changes in the way you think and act. If you are addicted to nicotine, you crave the “buzz” you get from using smokeless tobacco, and you have to use more and more to get the effect you want. Smokeless tobacco puts more ;nicotine into your bloodstream than cigarettes do. This is one reason why people who chew or dip tobacco regularly may think that quitting smokeless tobacco is even harder than quitting cigarette smoking. Using smokeless tobacco might also be a habit for you when you’re in certain situations or with certain people. For example, you may always chew tobacco when you go to a sporting event or when you watch tv. It can be hard to break this pattern of behavior. However, many smokeless tobacco users have quit successfully – and so can you. Psychiatrist can help you quit.
What is the reason behind having irregular periods? Sometimes its getting 2 months gap. I do not have any other problem in my body. Is it due to lack of nutrition? Or body weight? N whats the solution for that?
It is likely for you to experience abnormal vaginal bleeding between your periods during one point in life. Vaginal bleeding is termed abnormal when you are not expecting your periods, when your menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal, and at times when it is not expected such as during pregnancy, or after menopause. Abnormal vaginal bleeding may result from a wide range of causes. It does not always indicate a serious or severe condition.
The different possible causes are discussed below:
- Bleeding during pregnancy is not very normal and it indicates some complications in pregnancy. Spotting or light bleeding is common, but it is important for you to evaluate any form of bleeding by a doctor. Heavy vaginal bleeding occurring before 12 weeks during pregnancy indicates severe problems. Heavy vaginal bleeding that occurs after 12 weeks also indicates a problem like placenta previa.
- Ovulation can result in mid-cycle bleeding.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which interferes with normal ovulation, and may result in abnormal bleeding.
- Certain medicines, including birth control pills may cause abnormal vaginal bleeding. Minor bleeding between your periods is likely during the first few months of using birth control pills. Bleeding may also occur, if you do not take the pills at a fixed time regularly.
- An intrauterine device (IUD) also increases the chances of heavy periods and spotting.
- Certain infections occurring in your pelvic organs such as the uterus, vagina, Fallopian tubes, cervix, and ovaries causes abnormal vaginal bleeding. The bleeding is more likely to occur after sexual intercourse and douching. These infections are commonly caused by sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PTD) leads to infection and inflammation of your uterus, ovaries, or Fallopian tubes. This might be another cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding.
There are several other less common causes, which may result in abnormal vaginal bleeding. They include the following:
- An object present or inserted in the vagina
- Sexual abuse
- Uterine fibroids, which cause abnormally heavy periods
- Several structural problems like polyps and urethral prolapse
- Occurrence of cancer in your uterus, ovaries, vagina, or cervix
- Intense mental or emotional stress, and exercising in excess
- Several other health conditions and diseases such as diabetes or hyperthyroidism
It is important for you to consult a doctor on experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding. It is very important to diagnose the condition properly and start with management measures at the earliest.