Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nageshwari Nanda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nageshwari NandaYour feedback matters!
I have 25 days cycle. My periods last for 4 days. I suffer heavy bleeding on 2nd and 3rd day. As a result my whole body pains particularly legs and I feel helpless to do even simple household jobs. What type of food should I take to overcome this situation ?
Sir good evening. My wife got pregnant 45 days. But which food she should take at this time. Please give me suggestion for her. Please advise.
I am 27 years old married woman. We are trying to get pregnant. In march my periods came on 21st and in april on 21st. We had relation on 30th April 1st 2nd 4th 5th 7th 9th n 10th of may. What are the chances of conceiving. Also since last two weeks I see white discharge daily. Also I was experiencing pain just after urination. Since last 4 days I am suffering from constipation. Kindly advise me.
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.
Seated Single Arm Chest Stretch
Many people develop a curve in the back and shoulders due to poor posture while sitting at a computer or desk all day. This is an excellent stretch to help correct your desk-job posture without even leaving your desk.
1. From a seated position with your feet flat on the floor, extend your right hand toward your right side and press back until you feel a complete stretch in the right side of your chest.
2.Repeat this stretch moving your arm at various angles to feel a stretch indifferent parts of the chest. Perform 8 to 10 reps and repeat on the opposite side.
Holding your arm at a variety of angles ensures that you’re hitting all parts of the chest.
The wrist joint can become an issue when it’s overused. Due to the amount of typing many people do during their day, carpal tunnel syndrome has become a common problem.
The following movement can alleviate wrist pain by increasing blood flow to the area and can improve overall range of motion.
1.Start with your elbows tucked at your sides in a 90-degree angle. Make a gentle fist with each hand. While moving only the wrist joint, slowly circle your fist inward 10 to 15 times.
2.Reverse and circle in the opposite direction 10 to 15 times. Repeat the sequence 2 to 3 times.
Finger Flexion and Extension
Repetitive activities (think typing and turning a steering wheel) can quickly lead to fatigue and tightness in your hands. Exercises to extend and flex your fingers are important to avoid overuse injuries and make everyday tasks easier.
1.Begin by using your right hand to press your left fingers downward and back toward your palm. Press as far as is comfortable until you feel tension in your left fingers. Repeat on the opposite side.
2. Pull the left fingers upward using the right hand to assist the stretch to improve finger extension. Press as far up as is comfortable until you feel tension in your left fingers. Repeat on the opposite side.