Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh R. JaiswalYour feedback matters!
Acne is a condition that usually occurs when you are in your adolescence, but sometimes it can happen when you are an adult as well. In women, it occurs when they have reached their menopausal age. The chances of adult acne occurring in women are higher than men.
What causes acne in adults
- Stress: If you are under stress on a regular basis, then the body tends to produce a hormone called androgen which stimulates oil glands in the skin, resulting in acne flare ups.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance in the body may lead to acne breakouts. You may experience imbalances in your hormones during your periods or when you have reached menopause. Acne may also occur if you have started or stopped taking birth control pills abruptly.
- Family history: If other people in the family are prone to acne, then you may be genetically predisposed to it.
- Medications: There are certain medications which can cause acne to flare up. They contain chemicals that stimulate hormones in the body thus, resulting in acne.
- Skin products: If you have oily skin, then using products that contain oil may aggravate acne. They may also contain chemicals which may clog pores in your skin.
Symptoms of acne in adults are often seen as bumps on the skin, blisters filled with pus and inflamed black heads. Apart from these some people also witness hard and painful lumps beneath the skin.
- Stay away from junk food: Avoid eating junk food and fried foods as they can aggravate oiliness in the skin and result in pimples. Rather, replace them with natural foods and other complex carbs.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink plenty of water as it helps in filtering out the waste products and toxins from your body.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking causes blood vessels to narrow and thus, limits blood circulation in the body. This may cause multiple complications in your skin, acne being one of them.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.