Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Sharmila
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. SharmilaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend cheated with me before 3 months. After our break up i'm feeling very lonely. Can you help me?
My friend has habit of smoking from last 12 years. He used to smoke ocassionlly & regularly in this 12 years. I guess he has smoked more than 2000 cigrrates till now. Now he is worried about his habit and feeling panic about smoking bad effects on his health. So please suggest us which test we can do so he will able to know what impact has happen to his body before he will suffer from cancer or any kind of illness occur by cigrrates. So better he will go through medical test or medical treatments as per your consultation before facing some serious consequences because of cigarettes. Please suggest us is it any way to know the damages has happen to his body because of cigarette. Also suggest him what to do so he will not face some serious consequences like cancer or lungs diseases in future.
My age is 49 yrs, I am a patient of bipolar disorder. What medicines shall I need to take to come out of the depression ?
I am feeling depressed some tym. My thoughts are totally negative. Now a days I become short temper. I have no confidence on myself now. Pls advise.
I have a problem with my fathers habit of alcoholism, his age is around 58, which creates a severe issues in our family daily life. We many times tried to make him understand that what short of problems we are facing due to he is taking alcohol daily even given him the drawback of it, many time he did quarrel between the family members. But we failed to resist him again alcohol consumption. In. Between we have also given him the medicine which are available to quit the alcohol without informing him. Instantly he had stopped to consume alcohol due to some health problems for last 1 year but again now a days he have started to drink. Actually psychologically he is doing but there is no such reason. Please help or guide me to make him safe and the mean while he will also get read from the habits of alcoholism.
You may face stress and anxiety in life because of innumerable reasons, starting from job-related stress to personal stress. Stress is capable of causing great distress, which may hamper your daily activities, your thinking and your entire life in general. It is essential for you to identify the cause of stress and anxiety and then adopt ways to cope with it.
Here are some important tips for busting stress and anxiety:
- Keep active: Exercise does not eliminate stress, but it helps in reducing its intensity. Your thoughts will be cleared and you will be able to deal with your problems better.
- Take control: Remember that every problem has a solution. If you are passive about it and think about the negative side, your stress is bound to shoot up. You cannot afford to lose control over your thoughts and actions. Instead, try to take control over the situation and be optimistic.
- Connect with people: Instead of isolating yourself during situations of great stress and anxiety, connecting with your friends, family and colleagues will ease your troubles. You may come across a new perspective or a new approach. If you do not connect with the people who matter, you will not have their support when you really need it. By talking about your problem, you may find solutions and get suggestions as well.
- Spend time with yourself: We all like to do certain things, but cannot make it possible because of work pressure and other demands in life. It is important for you to take some time off for yourself and do the things you enjoy. This will lighten you up, make you happy and is a good vent for stress and anxiety.
- Set challenges for yourself: In order to build confidence, you must set some goals and challenges for yourself to accomplish. This is ideal for coping with stress and anxiety.
- Abstain from unhealthy habits: Do not rely on alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes as a way of coping with stress. Although this is a common thing all around the world, these do not actually solve your troubles. They keep on creating more problems and hence try to keep away from them. You may get temporary relief, but in the long run, you have to solve the underlying cause of your stress.
- Help other people: It is evident that people who help others in need through volunteering, community work or any other way get resilient. If you help people who are in situations far worse than you, your problems will be put in the right perspective. Try to help people out in every little way.
You need to maintain a positive mindset instead of breaking down or losing it. Acceptance is a very important part of busting stress and anxiety.