Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Riya S Rochlani
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Riya S RochlaniYour feedback matters!
While marriage is one of the most sought after relationships, it also is a very tricky one. A high level of compatibility is felt when you meet that one person with whom you are ready to spend the rest of your life with; sparks do fly and you feel you have just found the right person for you.
However, over a period of time, things do change. What was once cute or romantic does not continue to appeal the same way after a while. Knowing a person completely is an ongoing process, and even after marriage, especially if you move into a joint family. Knowing the person before beginning to live with the whole bunch is very important, as this helps in improving the understanding and increases the much required emotional space.
Not just that, people also do change with time and a relationship has to move to the next level too. Issues arise when people do not realise that and continue to expect things to remain unchanged rosy and romantic forever. What is surprising is that taking a step back and looking at the relationship objectively can help salvage the relationship in a number of cases.
The following are some situations when post-marriage counselling can bevery helpful.
1. When silence reigns: When a couple who would spend hours on the phone chatting away resort to silence for a major part of their time spent together, it is time to revisit the relationship. Getting external help is one of the best ways to tackle this, as talking to a friend or a family member can help get some insight.
2. When the couple just coexists: After a while, there seems to be something lost between the two, with only the same physical space being the common factor. There is a clear lack of intimacy, which can be brought back by getting someone else to talk.
3. For the children’s sake, let’s stay together: Although children help in strengthening the bond of the couple, they should not be the only reason for a couple to stay together. For a child, staying with a single parent may be more beneficial than staying in a family where the couple is constantly fighting. Here again, external help may be useful.
4. When there is the ‘other’ person: After the charm of marriage wears out, it is common for either of the couple to look for company outside the marriage. If an affair is being suspected, it is advisable to seek external help to clear the air and to save the relationship.
A marriage can easily be saved, the only thing required is a fresh pair of ears and eyes to hear and look at it from all perspectives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
How to loose tummy fat. I am 34 yrs old and my waist is 34 i takes three time meals BF,lunch and dinner (rice, roti and curry)
I am diabetic for last 3 years and taking jalra m 50/500, mostly my sugar level is controlled by this, but does I have to remain on this medicine for life long, could I do something to get rid of the medicine
Cancer can be a traumatic experience not only for the person concerned, but also for their family members and loved ones. If cancer is dreadful, surviving through the treatments, especially chemotherapy, is no less than a struggle in itself. Some people are left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after chemotherapy sessions.
Thus, it goes without saying that the affected person should take good care of their health. They should remember and follow few simple yet effective points before and after chemotherapy.
- Love yourself: Chemotherapy can affect your physical appearance. Do not allow this to affect you or your confidence. You are a brave person. Love yourself, be proud and confident of your body. You don't need others to tell you how beautiful you are.
- Healthy foods for a healthy you: After chemotherapy, people often lose their appetite. Even the tastiest of foods appear unpalatable to them. Skipping the meals will only deteriorate your health. Try and help yourself with small servings at regular intervals of time. Fish, eggs, dairy product (low-fat) are an excellent source of proteins and should be a part of your diet.
- A healthy dental hygiene: Chemotherapy can result in Oral Mucositis (a condition that may cause mouth sores) in some patients. Practice a good dental hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice daily. To speed up the healing process, one can rinse the mouth with a mild mouthwash or salt water (after every meal). Avoid foods that can aggravate the condition (particularly hot and spicy foods).
- Keep your body hydrated: Chemotherapy can leave the skin rough and dry. Keeping the skin hydrated is important. The benefits of water are not new to people. Drink water to keep your skin and body hydrated. Take small sips throughout the day. A well-hydrated body will help in eliminating the toxins effectively.
- Stay in shape: People often tend to put on few kilos during chemotherapy. Weight gain may not be a healthy idea during the treatment. Maintain a healthy body weight. Try and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrate and fat content. Include more of vegetables in your diet.
- Keep constipation at bay: Constipation is one of the common menaces associated with chemotherapy. While it is important to keep yourself hydrated, including fibrous foods and vegetables in your diet can also help to deal with constipation better.
- Many people complain of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy: While the condition can be highly uncomfortable, there are ways to ease the discomfort. Try and avoid foods that are very oily or those that have a characteristic strong odor. Ginger tea, peppermint candies can be helpful. Many people also benefit from Acupressure bands. Take rest till you fell better.
- Chemotherapy can be stressful: Meditation and light to moderate walking or breathing exercise can help you relax better. Try and be as happy and cheerful as possible.
- Diarrhea is one of the side effects of chemotherapy: Severe diarrhea can dehydrate your body. Thus, drink water and other (doctor recommended) fluids frequently. It is best to avoid high-fiber foods, foods rich in potassium, or those that can irritate the digestive system (hot and spicy foods).
- Alcohol is a bane best avoided: Avoid alcohol during Chemotherapy sessions. It can have deleterious effects on the health, leading to various complications and health disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.