Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms.Geeta KanchandaniYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, I want to lose my weight How it is possible? I will go ahead with the questions once I get reply.
My height is 5'1" and weight is 57 kg. I want to lose weight as soon as possible. Can you please suggest me a healthy diet.
Hi. Am a 23 year old girl my height is 4. 11 inches and weight is 57 kgs which is over by 7 kgs. I have a hectic schedule so cant opt gym classes. Suggest me some ways to loose weight asap.
I am a bit overweight, there is no reduction in weight even after walking for miles together and being on diet, please help me.
I am losing my weight before one year and my hemoglobin is about 7 something please tell me how can I increase my weight and hemoglobin?
Hii mam. I want to maintain my body and become slim without gym and yoga advice me what should I do.
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Related Tip: 4 Simple ways to lose your baby weight naturally?
I am 22 year old, 5 feet tall and my weight is 73 kg. I workout daily and also running in morning. please suggest me what kind of diet plan I should follow. Should I only eat fruits and veggies for weight loss. I am a girl and desperately wants a positive result.
I was delivered the baby 6 month before and want to loss my weight and delivery type cesarean delivery currently my weight is 80 kg and want to reduce the same Request you to please help.
Hi sir My friend having thyroid problems with 85kg weight fat how to reduce the weight within 11months there is any problem occur during of marriage.
My sister is 15 years old. She has a pear shaped body, therefore, has very fatty thighs. Because of this she feels embarrassed to wear short dresses. Please suggest something.
I am 40 years old (female). I undergone with surgery (umbilical hernia) 2 months back. I want to reduce my weight and fats from body. Can you please suggest me solution for this?
I am 31 years old male, I regularly go for gym for weight loss, I lose around 10 kg in last 4 month, and now I am at 88kgs. But did regular work out at gym and also dieting but could not loss more than 2kg since last 3 months. What do I do for weight loss for keep myself at around 80kgs.
I am a 26 year old female. I am 5'7 and my weight is 60 kgs. Please suggest a healthy diet plan for me which I can follow everyday. What should I take for breakfast lunch and dinner?
What should I do to reduce my weight? Because my height is 5'6 and my weight is 75. Its also because I have a ligament tear in my both the knees (left and right) so keeping this in mind how can I reduce my weight so as less weight falls on my knee? Please suggest me.
She is gaining weight continuously inspite of taking light food items and daily exercise. She want to reduce her weight but nothing working with her. Please suggest what should be follow to reduce her weight?
Obesity is the state of being overweight. When excess fat accumulates in different parts of the body, it can lead to such a condition. Simply put, when the intake of calories exceeds the amount of calories burned, the extra calories get stored in the body in the form of fat. As per a recent study published in the British medical journal, the Lancet, there were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 as compared to 9.8 million obese men.
Causes of obesity: Accumulated fat leads to excessive weight gain which may occur due to a coalition of many factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise or improper eating habits. Although a host of involuntary causes such as genetics, hormonal and environmental factors can also lead to such. Recent studies have even concluded that endocrine disorders and medications comprising of psychotic drugs, estrogens, insulin and other such are also likely to lead to obesity.
Symptoms of obesity: Apparent symptoms of obesity include excess body fat, occasional shortness of breath, unwarranted sweating with a foul odor and persistent fatigue. These conditions also lead to further complications like diabetes, infertility and hypertension to name a few.
How to manage obesity with Ayurveda?
In Ayurvedic terms, obesity is called Medarog, which is caused when the Kapha is triggered. A dense, sticky, wet, heavy humor which manages all structure and lubrication in both the mind and the body is known as Kapha. Kapha provides nourishment to the various tissues of the body through several micro channels but when aggravated it leads to the production of toxins which are dense and heavy and subsequently block these micro channels. These toxins heap up in the micro channels and cause a drastic increase in the production of fat tissues, consequently causing an increase in weight. By abolishing foods that aggravate the Kapha from one's diet, people may treat obesity.
The next step would include cleansing the fat tissues using different herbs. Avoiding oily, fried and processed food is highly advisable. Avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates such as potato and polished rice also helps. Increased consumption of greens and fruits helps restore stability and when coupled with exercise, it can be a relatively quick fix to overcome obesity.