Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs Shubhangi Ajit HirveYour feedback matters!
I m having cough and cold and back body pain from the last fifteen days. What should I do to get relief from the pain as well as cold?
Hello, im having pain in testicle, I'm having a lump on one of my testicle, what should I do now, please help me out from this.
Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Bone and joint disease
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Help adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Help children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
I have problems with my facial hair. Its not growing properly. My left cheek contains more hair than my right cheek!
I am very slim and I want to gain weight for smart look and wanted to impress someone else what can I do.
I am 35 year old man, I am suffering from low metabolism rate due to my weight is increasing day by day what to do?
Sirji, I have thyroid (TSH) 8.28 plU/mL my age is 23yrs, height is 5ft 6 inches & weight is 55kg, kindly tell me what is the reason of this problem, why I have thyroid & I have hairfall & neck pain please tell solution.
Hi I have problem with motion bleed. But it's comes some time only. What I have to do for it. With only food control.
Myself having breathing problem and is taking medicines for the last one month. I feel very weak after taking these medicines. I feel frustrated when breathing problem and weakness come together. Some days I find it difficult to sleep also. Kindly advise me the further course of action desired in this regard.
1.The golden rule of weight loss is never to skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and helps to provide a steady stream of energy all through the day. This, in turn, prevents unhealthy snacking.
2. To prevent obesity, there is no better option than physical exercise. Brisk walking is the best exercise to begin with. As soon as you wake up in the morning, workout for at least 30mins to an hour. Burn up unwanted calories by putting large leg muscles to work.
3. Honey is considered to be an outstanding home remedy. Make a mixture of two teaspoon of lime juice, one teaspoon of honey, in a glass of water, add some pepper to it & have it regularly the first thing in the morning.
4. Stop nibbling between meals. Train yourself to have less food. You will enjoy living on a reduced diet. Instead of eating only 2 meals during the day like lunch & dinner, try to eat 4-5 more small meals spaced 2-3 hours apart during the day. This helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body.
5. Spices like ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for losing weight. Drink ginger tea 2-3 times a day. It is also a good remedy for obesity.
6. Two teaspoon of lime juice added to water also helps in losing weight. Have it frequently. Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal. It will also help you in naturally curing obesity.
7. Your diet should include green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and carrots. They are low in calories, but high in vitamins and minerals and have real food value. Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods that fill you up. Eat a tomato salad for breakfast. It can bring about fast weight loss.
8. Try to eat 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning for 3 to 4 months. It may prove beneficial for the obese in losing weight.
9.Taking whole grains like ragi can be helpful in decreasing the constant desire to eat, thus, reducing the daily calorie intake. It has a low glycemic index and can help to suppress appetite.
12. Chew a thin slice of fresh ginger root a few minutes before meals. Or grate a little ginger, mix with some lemon juice and salt, and eat a pinch or two.
My hairs are falling since last 3 years when l was in class 11 and have dandruff problem. How to avoid this hairfall? Can fallen hairs be regrown or not. My age is 20.
My hairs are falling slowly. During bathing and after that too. They are not so crowded too. What I do?
I am male I have 4 problems one is skin problem and face problem and pimple problem and I have a very good hair fall.
It is perfectly normal to have body odour after a hard day’s work. However, it can get downright embarrassing and alarming if such body odour persists, even after a good warm shower. This medical condition is a symptom of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
What causes body odour?
When the body bacteria combine with sweat, a chemical decomposition occurs that lets out a stinky and pungent smell from certain body parts, especially the feet and the armpits. Working outdoors or being subject to high stress levels over a prolonged period of time can result in this condition. An inclusion of excessive amount of garlic, onion and other spices in your regular diet can trigger body odour as well. Excessive alcohol consumption, conditions such as obesity and diabetes mellitus can also lead to body odour.
Below is a list of some of the most effective homeopathic treatments for body odour:
- Silicea: This homeopathic preparation is effective to remedy feet odour. The concerned person might also show symptoms of excessive sweating in the feet along with the appearance of cracks in between the toes.
- Hepar Sulph: This homeopathic preparation is effective to address a pungent body odour occurring due to excessive physical or mental stress. Additionally, this preparation is also effective to cure body odour that emerges from the armpits and tends to leave a yellow stain around the region. If the pungent body odour persists even after a proper bath, the homeopathic preparation Rheum can be an effective remedy.
- Psorinum: This homeopathic preparation is extremely beneficial to address foul smell in combination with the symptoms of excessive sensitivity to cold weather, an unhealthy /dirty looking skin, and excessive sweating.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure feet odour, especially in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.