Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mithun Somani
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mithun SomaniYour feedback matters!
My 3 and half months bay got vaccinated with pentavac 2 days back. But there is a hard swell amd reddish around the vaccinated area. What to do n what may be the reason. Does this cause problem to the leg after growth.
My 1.5 year old kid is not keeping well from last 4 days. She is vomiting. Not eating anything except mother feed. Have initially been giving ondem but from last two days Emiset, Oflox 50, and Bifilac. Frequency of vomit has reduced but she remains uncomfortable entire day. Keep crying. I am unable to sooth her. Does she have some major stomach infection? Should I get her some tests done? Yesterday she was continuously crying for 2-3 hrs. Gave her colicaid too thinking she might have stomachache. Pls help me know what should I do. Thanks.
My 1 year 7 months old baby is not at all interested to eat anything since 1 month. He sees the food and starts crying by refusing to eat. He seems to be lean and week day by day. I am worried. please help what to do.
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
My son just completed 6 months. We are feeding lactodex because of insufficient mom milk. Now can we go for lactodex 2?
I have a son of 4 years and he is showing with a strange symptom when he is awake in the morning his hands are shiver a little bit but after some time he is fine can any one tell me why this happens.
Hi, Mujhe 17 month ki beti hai. Me use breastfeeding karati hu. Muzhe uska breastfeeding band karna hai toh me yeh kaise kar Sakti hu? Use bahut adat ho gayi hai muze bahut pareshan Karti hai.
The terms dry fruits and dried fruits seem synonymous, but there is a slight difference between the two. To put it in simple terms nuts are also known as dry fruits. Dry fruits can be further categorized as dehiscent and indehiscent. The former refers to seeds contained in a pod and the latter refers to those that are not found in a seedpod. This includes pistachios, cashew nuts, walnuts and almonds. On the other hand, natural fleshy fruits that have been naturally or synthetically dried are called dried fruits. For example, dehydrated figs, raisins, dried cherries, apricots, etc. are considered dried fruits. Dehydrated apples, bananas, kiwis, etc. are also called dried fruits.
Which is the healthier choice?
Dry fruits and dried fruits both have a number of health benefits.
- Dry fruits are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. However, they also contain a high amount of saturated fats and have a high calorific value. Hence, they should be consumed in moderation.
- Dry fruit consumption should also be limited for people trying to lose weight and those suffering from heart problems.
- To make dry fruits like nuts healthier, you could soak them in water overnight and skin them the next morning before eating them, this helps in reducing the level of saturated fats in them.
- As compared to dry fruits, dried fruits has a much higher sugar level. Thus, their intake should be limited for weight watchers, diabetics, heart patients as well as those suffering from gallstones, high blood pressure and water retention.
- However, dried fruits can be beneficial for anemic patients and athletes. Dried fruits have the same vitamin and minerals as the fresh fruits and the only thing missing is the water content. Dried fruits are also rich in antioxidants and hence help boost immunity.
Tips to buy dry fruits and dried fruits
- With both dry fruits and dried fruits, you must take a look at the ingredients in the case of packaged dry/dried fruits.
- Avoid nuts that have been artificially sweetened, salted or fried.
- Also, do not buy dried fruits that have sugar listed as an ingredient.
- Dried fruits are naturally sweet and artificial sweeteners only add calories without any added nutrition.
- For fruits that tend to be bitter when dried such as cranberries, look for dried cranberries that have been sweetened with 100% natural fruit juice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!