Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Minesh GiriYour feedback matters!
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body:
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver secretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below:
- Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
- If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
- Narrowing of the bile ducts
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Bile duct tumors
- Tumors in the pancreas
- Various infections such as hepatitis
- Liver complications such as cirrhosis
- Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are:
- You may experience yellowish skin
- You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
- Stools may be light colored
- You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.
I have been suffering from stones in kidney for the last two years, sir please suggest me treatment.
My grandmom had fever for two days now temperature in low but she is suffer extreme pain on leg joint she could barely walk and balance herself she can not walk and is sleepless I am worried.
Am 70 n wish to get 4 - 5 lost teeth "transplanted" using robust artificial teeth as a permanent remedy. What could be the approx. Cost per tooth? Addresses of good such Centres in and around Delhi.
Hi doctor, l am 25years old married girl, my marriage has come to complete two years but I am not getting pregnant. And secondly my period come at every after10days later than last one. This happen from three cycle. Please help me as I m worried.
Hi sir, I am 24 years old man. I am facing hair loss as its a heredity. Some times I feel slight pain on my scalp, like some 1 pulling my hair. Does that mean I am losing hair at that portion.
My friend is 19 years old and he is studying. He had a oily skin nd also had a chicken-pox marks on his face. From many times he is suffering from this problem of oily skin and chicken-pox marks, and also got pimples problem, so please give me a solution for his problem.
Click on'consult' to help me with your diet/nutrition plans.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.