Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Milind ThanekarYour feedback matters!
My age is 47 years old my penis is too short so I can make sex to my wife so give me a advice how to make sex.
PAIN AFTER CYSTOSCOPY I had difficulty in passing urine. I was examined by an urologist who did cystoscopy for the stricture of urethra. Before he did that the urine had to be drained through a suprapubic Cather. After the cystoscopy another catheter was planted to see whether the urine flow is satisfactory. After two days of surgery, the supra-pubic one was removed and ten days later, the other catheter was also removed. My problem is that I develop intense cramps pain extending from the base of left testicle to the left side of the groin (thigh). I have another problem which is that I cannot fully control the sphincter muscle of my bladder. The result if that the urine trickles out before I reach the bathroom. enuresis! When I told the doctor about these two problems (pain and bed wetting) he prescribed Darif tablets to be taken twice a day. For bed wetting he suggested an exercise whereby I squeeze and release perineal muscles. My pain continues. This is a cramps kind of pain which becomes intense when I walk for more than ten minutes. Please suggest the remedy for this.
My friend meet with a guy. And the guy sucked his penis very hard and 10minutes he feels a burning in is penis and after two months the burning is constant.
I drinker one table spoon salt water one glass at morning mt stomach. What's happen by this please help thanks.
The human body can be compared to a very sophisticated engine that gets its power supply from the food that is eaten. Various organs require fuel for different activities be it walking, standing, stretching or even just regular maintenance where cells are constantly replaced.
The brain is one of the most complex organs in the human body. While it may not do a stretching or a jogging, it constantly needs power supply to function effectively. And as is very obvious, the body reflects the eating patterns. It is not likely that a person eating a very healthy diet would end up obese; nor does a person who is athletic eat a lot of unrefined and processed foods.
The power supply also defines how effectively the organs function, especially in the brain. Good nutrition helps good functioning of the brain. Recent studies have shown that a healthy diet can help avoid mental disorders like depression, schizophrenia problem, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), etc. This field of study is called the nutritional psychiatry.
Listed below are some food substances and how they affect brain functioning:
- Carbohydrates: These induce the production of insulin, which causes release of sugar into the body. Increased amount of sugar in the body produces better activity and mood. Tryptophan, a significant neurotransmitter is also released and further enhances mood and well-being. Eating fruits and whole grains, which contain a good amount of carbohydrates is believed to have beneficial effects on the brain, albeit slower in onset.
- Proteins: Foods such as fish, eggs, dairy, greens, peas, legumes are rich in protein and contain amino acids, which are the essential ingredients of the various neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Lack of amino acids like tyrosine can impair production of serotonin, leading to decreased feeling of well-being.
- Fats: The gray matter of the brain contains about 50% polyunsaturated fats, and various essential fatty acids are very essential for optimal brain functioning. Decreased levels of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are shown to cause depression. Decreased levels of Omega-3 also leads to dyslexia and autism.
- Minerals: Various minerals are very essential for proper functioning of the brain, though they are required in very minute quantities. Calcium, chromium, iodine, iron, lithium, selenium, and zinc are some of the minerals identified as important for brain function.
- B-complex: Vitamin B2 and B6 have been proven to enhance mood and improve cognitive performance.
- Vitamin B12: In addition to delaying the onset of dementia, it also improves cerebral functioning.
- Folate: Reduced levels lead to depression and also limit the functioning of antidepressants.
As is evident, nutrition plays a very important role and a little care can help improve brain functioning to a large extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian and nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
I am 63 yrs old having problem with urine difficult to control at times.Suspect some problem with bladder please advice.
Ringworm is a type of fungal infection occurring on the skin of a person. Ringworm does not involve the presence of any kind of actual worms whatsoever. It is so named because of the circular scaly infection on the skin, which almost appears as if a worm is present beneath the skin.
Why the fungi arise on the skin is unclear. However, these skin infections are highly contagious, so people coming in contact with those already having the disease could naturally develop the ringworm lesions. The fungi also require warm and moist conditions to thrive in. People working in waterlogged conditions or those walking barefoot on wet floors near swimming pools; public washrooms etc could all develop ringworm based on their immunity levels.
Symptoms of Ringworm:
Reddish, scaly or white patches on the skin.
The lesions may appear raised and blistered.
The circular lesion might have a clearing in the center.
Hair loss is a common side effect of this disease. Ringworm of scalp especially is characterized by patchy hair loss where the hair might be bent and broken at an odd angle. Dandruff might also be present. Thankfully, there are many effective homeopathic remedies for ringworm on scalp.
Though mostly ringworm is treated with conventional medicines and allopathic treatment, there are certain recurring ringworms on which traditional medicines slowly lose effect. Such infections can be controlled and cured with the help of homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathy is based on the principle of ‘like curing like’. This means, the homeopath takes a bit of the plant material, deactivates it and just like a vaccine, infuses the patient’s body with small quantities of it. Popular homeopathic remedies for treating ringworm are:
Sepia: It is obtained from the ink of a squid. It has been found that contact with the squid causes symptoms similar to the ones caused by ringworms. Thus, it is a remarkable cure for this disease. However, before actually administering this medicine, the homeopath doctor would ask several questions to understand the nature of the disease occurring to you. Such questions would include your sensitivity to heat and cold or how many times in the past has ringworm infected you. Only when the practitioner is sure of the fact that sepia is the correct treatment, would he prescribe it to you. This is a great cure for ringworms occurring in children as well.
Sulphur: Ringworms not only affect a person on the skin of his/her body, it might also occur on the scalp. These ringworms can cause a lot of itching, irritation, hair loss, pus in the scalp etc. For treating such types of ringworm, one can apply sulphur-based creams or ointments on the affected area on the scalp. Sulphur is seen to help in fighting the ringworms and thus providing relief from all the itching and irritation on the scalp.
Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is obtained when leaves of the poison ivy plants are distilled overnight. Contact with poison ivy leaves also causes similar symptoms as ringworms and thus, it is known to be a good cure for the disease.
Ringworms on Animals-
At times, even animals like cats and dogs can be affected by ringworms. Symptoms would include loss of hair in patches, itchy hair, white or blackish patches on the body and others. A specialised vet should be referred to for a medicated shampoo besides a homeopath. Medicines like Sepia or Chrysarobinum are administered to treat ringworms in animals.
Thus, ringworm is a very common form of a disease and is easily treatable whether in humans or animals. One would need to follow the course of their medicine and take to patience for getting it cured as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Today when I am studying I feel a sudden pain in my penis please tell me the possible reason of this.
I am 42 yrs old having a problem of low testosterone low fsh and lh from last one month. Please tell me what is cause and what are the tests required for identifying the problem.
I am a working man and I am suffering from a very common problem of gas. What should I do, I have consulted many doctor but I am unsatisfied.
Can I take ginseng to increase my penis strength. Is it safe to take or will have any side affect. Please tell me. What are the benefits.
Bedtime Drink To Reduce Belly Fat
- 2 frozen banana
- 2 tsp. ground almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- Blend the given ingredients until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Prepare this drink recipe and consume it at least once a day instead of taking a meal.
- Bananas are healthy for belly fat and bloating. Its essential component is potassium that helps to dilute and regulate the salt we ingest which is found in many foods.
- By eating bananas which have as much as 400 or more grams of potassium, the sodium is regulated and thus produces less swelling. Bananas are the ultimate weight loss food.
- Almonds contain a compound that limits fat absorbed by the body. In fact the American Heart Association showed that eating just 1.5 ounces of almonds every day led to a reduction of leg and belly fat.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg are thermogenic,they raise your body's metabolism so you effortlessly burn more calories even while you're resting. A mere half-teaspoon can give you the full thermogenic effect.